How is the quality/durability of the san francisco really?

Guest bagge

I've read the the reviews that the build quality seems pretty decent, so I would assume the chassi of it to be ok.

But what about other kind of issues straight out of the box, have many brand new phones been reported having issues?

Read on swedroid that one of the first guys to import one had to return it for a replacement, and then this; http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1426930

So I'm just kind of curious if other people have spotted a lot of reported failure phones like these as its kind of a hassle for us importing it to get a replacement?

Guest Simon O

I've had three of these phones and all work fine. Every new phone can have issues. People are reporting issues with the T-Mobile G2 in the US, people have reported issues with other HTC devices. And when the Desire HD and Desire Z are released in the UK I expect to read about issues too.

The San Francisco is a very popular Android phone right now and it's inevitable that there will be some issues affecting a small number of phones. You will always hear more about issues because everyone likes to complain when something is wrong, but few people like to praise.

If anybody that buys a phone from the UK has a problem then they can simply return to the seller who will then return to Orange for replacement. That's exactly what I will be doing if anybody has a problem.

Guest blackmath

I think they could have made the volume rocker a bit stronger. I have a feeling it could be a piece which could easily snap off.

Otherwise, I don't think there are other points of potential failure.

Guest cjb110

The silver strips don't help things much at all, in terms of looks or durability.

And I wouldn't want to be swapping battery's/microsd's much, its ok at the mo, but I can see it weakening.

But the biggest durability will be around the screen, its good that it covers the device, but its nor gorrilla glass!

So I'm looking for a case/protector.

Sounds good. Would love to hear some more about the screen and how resistant it is to scratches. While I'm not wreckless, I'm also not one to fiddle with cases and such.

Sounds good. Would love to hear some more about the screen and how resistant it is to scratches. While I'm not wreckless, I'm also not one to fiddle with cases and such.

Its a plastic screen so is liable to get a scratch or 2. I have cut up an iphone sheild for the mo until we get "proper" screen covers. I believe I read that a samsung i900 screen cover is a pretty good match

ern

Guest tgomas

Is anybody a little worried by how the back clips onto the phone? Mine feels really weak and that after a couple of clips/unclips it will fail? :)