Slow Internet access

Guest Speckles

Guest Speckles

I switched on my old Pulse to check a few bookmarks and I was suprised to notice how fast the internet is (specially in programs which access the internet themselves) compared to the Galaxy.

The Pulse can fetch a web page down sometimes 20 times faster than the Galaxy can manage, as in, in some program I see "Loading" for about 20 seconds (or sometimes longer, but the screen switches off before the loading completes!) whereas the Pulse doesn't seem to bother with the "Loading" and just displays the page with a small delay.

With Wifi enabled on both, they are even further apart - the Pulse is quicker, whereas the Galaxy seems to be about the same speed.

Both are using OS 2.1 Standard with no modifications.

I just don't understand how a much faster phone can be so much slower!

Guest kevnangel

Hello,

I agree with you. I had an Acer Liquid before, and since 1 month now, I've switched to Galaxy S. And I must say that it's quite a pain for everyday use to have such a slow internet on the Galaxy. Before, the Acer Liquid was much faster for opening web pages, or even refreshing of widgets, etc. But the Galaxy is really slow at all this. I've just gone in 2.2, even with Lag Fix, which I must agree, does speed up the phone and the internet access a bit, but still not to that full extent, which is quite a disappointment, considering the real speed capability of the Galaxy S.

I hope the soon to be released Froyo by Samsung will improve all that.