Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

Guest ronc2000
You're buying from ebay, not from John Lewis. Most sellers on ebay are one-person outfits.

That is a fair comment.

But that has been taken into account. Still arrangements cam be made.

Guest rjm2k
slow reply on my part - ordered from timeblast approx. 2wks ago - rec'd in 3 working days.

Very pleased with grey case - fits fine, all slots work. Feels much more solid now.

Also noticed power button only seems to need slight pressure to register - doesn't feel like you need to depress switch fully so may last longer - might just be me imagining it.

Came with screen protector & cloth & felt pad.

Screen protector - do I really need one - tried to apply it & came out CARP so took it off. Any tips in case I try again ?

that's what happened to my screen protector, I had it alligned perfectly but despite cleaning the screen there was still some dust which I hadn't spotted. I just took it off and binned it, I keep my phone in a pouch when it's in my pocket so I think I can safely get away without a screen protector otherwise I might think about it again.

Guest avalion

The old sellotape trick I find works. Cover the screen just before you add the protector with sellotape and pull off. The slowly add the protector. Make sure there is no breeze and you don't breath on the screen! Hope that helps!

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd
The old sellotape trick I find works. Cover the screen just before you add the protector with sellotape and pull off. The slowly add the protector. Make sure there is no breeze and you don't breath on the screen! Hope that helps!

Mine came with a big blue screen sized sticker, is that maybe what this is for?

I thought I'd been careful but all along the edges where I'd lightly touched the thing to hold it and where the little nilkin tab was stuck on with industrial strength glue the thing didn't stoick properly and not has dust behind it... never knew my pockets were so dusty....

Guest GeoffMills
Call me cynical but if sohogopher was ill, would another team that took over, who implemented several promotions, really have neglected customer service? also i feel this post is somewhat misleading, to say they are using royal mail after the case arrives in the UK, who was delivering it previously after it had reached the uk? parcelforce? the time frame is also skewered since it doesn't take into account saturdays and sundays so in effect it is basically the same deal as previously....

"

No, its a SCAM. Some of the people participating in this thread and "WOWing" about alternative sources are part of the scam in my estimation.

Regards,

Geoff Mills

Guest Fairlight2x

I got my case from Sohogopher today, I bought it on the on 15/02, so it took 21 days to arrive! If I had known it would take that long, I would have bought from the UK, however, I saved a quid and got an extra screen protector. :( The case is very good, plus it hides the cheap look of the phone!

Guest seraphim2017

Likewise, 2 cases ordered from from Sohogopher, arrived after a long wait, but fits wekll, screen protector good, odered a second for my mrs san fran (valentines pressie!) and will be fitting that later.

Sohogopher seemed to respond to questions after purchase but NOT before purchase in my experience, but did communicate well and the product I received works fine.

Screen protector went on ok too!

Guest MickyLuv
I got my case from Sohogopher today, I bought it on the on 15/02, so it took 21 days to arrive! If I had known it would take that long, I would have bought from the UK, however, I saved a quid and got an extra screen protector. :( The case is very good, plus it hides the cheap look of the phone!

Here's my advice on sohogopher, their clones and their business practices, contained in my message this morning to eBay:

"It sounds very convenient for you to and the seller to claim that "THE" item was received. In fact "THE" item was not received. Once again sleight of hand prevails in the world of scammers and those who profit from their activities. I refuse to jump through any more hoops within your restricted resolution processes, design to enable you and your scamming sellers to crap on buyers. Either you sort this out based on the clear and concise information already given, or I will never deal with eBay or Paypal again.

Regards,

Mike Halmarack"

Guest Daz555
Is there any point in getting the screen protector, as surely the screen is scratch resistant and made out of strong plastic if not glass?

Even hardened glass can pick up a nasty scratch if you are unlucky. All the care in the world can be undone by a simple fumble and fall to the floor.

I really wish ALL manufacturers of such technology included a factory fitted screen protector with every new device to save us the hassle of having to fit the first one ourselves. It is very easy for them with their clean rooms and automated assembly lines.

Edited by Daz555

Guest rjm2k
Mine came with a big blue screen sized sticker, is that maybe what this is for?

I thought I'd been careful but all along the edges where I'd lightly touched the thing to hold it and where the little nilkin tab was stuck on with industrial strength glue the thing didn't stoick properly and not has dust behind it... never knew my pockets were so dusty....

mine came with that but it doesn't appear to be a sticker, I can't peel anything off it. I assumed it was just part of the packaging to demonstrate the protector over something

Guest dazbaz996

I bought it in the same batch as you, I haven't recieved mine yet, it might just take a little longer for it to arrive to the Republic of Ireland, fingers crossed. I will give it until the end of the week before I open a complaint with ebay.

Guest rjm2k
"

No, its a SCAM. Some of the people participating in this thread and "WOWing" about alternative sources are part of the scam in my estimation.

Regards,

Geoff Mills

yeah you must be right, i have 1000+ posts on here, purely built up so I can take part in some scam which involves saying I bought a product successfully from an alternative source when people are struggling with their first choice.

Guest MickyLuv
yeah you must be right, i have 1000+ posts on here, purely built up so I can take part in some scam which involves saying I bought a product successfully from an alternative source when people are struggling with their first choice.

Really?

Guest RaverDrew

Ordered a case and screen protector from Sohogopher on the 12th Feb

Yesterday I received a package containing just a screen protector.

Sent Sohogopher a message explaining that I was not happy with the delay or the contents of my package, and I received this prompt reply...

Thank you for your message. Let me please assure you that both screen protector and the jelly case set were shipped, but on a different date.

The reason was that we missed to insert the screen protector into the package, so we actually sent the screen protector on the second day. However I believe the postal service processed them as letters so this was why you received the screen protectors firs

first.

So please allow a few extra days for the transit of jelly case sets, which were shipped one day before the screen protector.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

- sohogopher

Guest z0mbix

Mine arrived yesterday and took almost as long to arrive, but it was worth the wait. It's a great fit and as Fairlight2x says, it makes the phone look a little less cheap. My 7yr old son said to me this morning "You're new phone is awesome!".

Ordered 21 Jan..arrived Mon 7 March after numerous emails to sohogopher...6 weeks to the day after it was dispatched!!!

You can only blame the postal service. It's not like he's running from China to Europe with a backpack filled of jelly cases and delivering them himself.

Guest MickyLuv
Mine arrived yesterday and took almost as long to arrive, but it was worth the wait. It's a great fit and as Fairlight2x says, it makes the phone look a little less cheap. My 7yr old son said to me this morning "You're new phone is awesome!".

So is sohogopher customer cool or fool?

It remains to be seem with many cases.

Regards,

MickyLuv

Guest tmanutdb

Finally got my case yesterday! Bout time. Took over a month. Got 2 screen protectors with mine. Fits well. No complaints apart from the wait!

Guest Borderland
Ordered a case and screen protector from Sohogopher on the 12th Feb

Yesterday I received a package containing just a screen protector.

Sent Sohogopher a message explaining that I was not happy with the delay or the contents of my package, and I received this prompt reply...

Same here. I'm not a happy bunny. :(

Guest Jacksie
Same here. I'm not a happy bunny. :(

Got my case at last today from Sohogopher plus 2 screen protecters.

Ordered since 21st Jan.It is a very good fit.

Very pleased with grey case - fits fine, all slots work.

Does this mean the case has been updated to take standard USB chargers without them falling out with every slight movement?

Guest Fairlight2x
Does this mean the case has been updated to take standard USB chargers without them falling out with every slight movement?

The original USB cable that came with the phone fits perfectly. I also use a Nokia CA-101 cable, but that can't be plugged in securely.