Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

Guest ololizoz
Can't say the same. Mine was ordered on the 27th of January, dispatched the following day; still no signs of it. Sogohoeffer has been very kind in its responses, but the fact is I've paid for an item that I have yet to receive. 30 workdays and counting.

How do you contact sohogopher? My item was shipped the 21st february and no sign of it. also i cant contact sohogopher.

Guest Rizzler
How do you contact sohogopher? My item was shipped the 21st february and no sign of it. also i cant contact sohogopher.

Mine was also shipped 21st february and still nothing.

Guest ndubz
Haha! Thanks for the compliment! Us girlies need to stick together. :D I'm sure it would go great with the black SanFran too. Too be honest, the pink is kinda TOO pink (aka neon)....but black is a bit plain for me. They also do a lovely turquoise one as well. Turquoise Case on eBay

The white SF wasn't my 1st choice actually, but I was on the phone to Orange and the girl offered me a £15 monthly deal there and then instead of the usual £25, so I just went for it (she was a good saleswoman, I give you that! I panicked!). But thankfully it's FINALLY grown on me, I was pretty gutted at the style of it at first (the white is so much more plasticy than the black) But hey ho! Great wee phone. :(

LOL!! Aww i hate wen sales ppl try to use pressure tactics to get a deal lol its like we hav no choice!! But at least u got a good deal on da contract, n good to hear the whites grown on u! I bought my sf wen there was only grey ones lol but i fink da white one although it looks plasticy but its still nice! I mite get da blck colour case or pink! If its neon it mite look nice with the black/grey sf..erm lol im not sure!!

Guest themighysquitt

I ordered a grey San Francisco/ZTE Blade jelly case from lilamfashions aka Timeblast via eBay on Thursday. Fast Delivery I received it yesterday morning (Saturday). Great seller. The case fits my phone perfectly!! :D

Guest g-rasshopper
Even hardened glass can pick up a nasty scratch if you are unlucky. All the care in the world can be undone by a simple fumble and fall to the floor.

I really wish ALL manufacturers of such technology included a factory fitted screen protector with every new device to save us the hassle of having to fit the first one ourselves. It is very easy for them with their clean rooms and automated assembly lines.

Personally I wish manufacturers would copy the old Nokia phones that were deliberately designed so that the entire housing could be easily (and cheaply) replaced by the customer. I realise the use of touch screens complicates matters somewhat. But I don't see that as an insurmountable problem.

It's ridiculous that manufacturers go to great length to make their phones look good and be as small as possible but then spoil it all by skimping on build quality, and by making it hard to obtain affordable spare parts. The result is that almost everyone these days seems to cover their phones with a screen protector and a silicone case. They're just too valuable and fragile to do otherwise.

Guest Ciels
Hello guys!

Well I know this is a very late posting, and I doubt anyone will read it (because there are now official Blade covers) I just wanted to add some photos of my white SanFran with a pink (They do loads of colours, don't worry!) Samsung i900 silicone case. Unfortunately, I can't really afford £7 for a official case at the moment, so really this is for anyone who can't get hold of a case, or just needs a stop gap. There were some brilliant suggestions on here, and after Uhmmin and Arring over a Nokia e71 case or a Samsung case, I decided to try the Samsung one. Very very pleased, eps. for the price which included a screen protector and a screen cloth. However, the protector is naff and was already scratched on arrival, but it'll do for now, air bubbles and all. ^^

The charger hole is placed well, but the earphone slot is covered, as well as half the camera. Turning volume up and down and turning the phone on through the case is all fine.

Main view (rather girly....sorry!):

100_3469.jpg

On/off Button and phonejack:

100_3478.jpg

Back (hehe I also used the Android dude to cover the Orange logo! Although mine is a bit wonky):

100_3472.jpg

Side:

100_3470.jpg

Overall:

100_3477.jpg

Here is the link for the cover: The Samsung case on eBay for £2.00

Pretty good for now! :D Hopefully I can jusify buying a £7 case (I KNOW it doesn't seem a lot, but right now I'm pretty skint is all) Anyway, thanks sooo much to this forum for helping me make some good decisions! It was so helpful.

Nice photos :(

THAT MANGA

Guest g-rasshopper
Nice to find a skin on the UK market finally..sure you'll flog the lot...

Would have liked to see more meat on it below the buttons..think I'll hang fire for now..

I agree. I don't like the exposed area below the buttons. If fact, the new 'improved' design is actually worse in that respect.

I'd also prefer a grey or black (preferably the latter) case that was made out of a non-translucent material.

Timeblast, could you feed these comments back to your supplier.

Thanks

Guest g-rasshopper
Hello guys!

Well I know this is a very late posting, and I doubt anyone will read it (because there are now official Blade covers) I just wanted to add some photos of my white SanFran with a pink (They do loads of colours, don't worry!) Samsung i900 silicone case. Unfortunately, I can't really afford £7 for a official case at the moment, so really this is for anyone who can't get hold of a case, or just needs a stop gap. There were some brilliant suggestions on here, and after Uhmmin and Arring over a Nokia e71 case or a Samsung case, I decided to try the Samsung one. Very very pleased, eps. for the price which included a screen protector and a screen cloth. However, the protector is naff and was already scratched on arrival, but it'll do for now, air bubbles and all. ^^

The charger hole is placed well, but the earphone slot is covered, as well as half the camera. Turning volume up and down and turning the phone on through the case is all fine.

Here is the link for the cover: The Samsung case on eBay for £2.00

Pretty good for now! :D Hopefully I can jusify buying a £7 case (I KNOW it doesn't seem a lot, but right now I'm pretty skint is all) Anyway, thanks sooo much to this forum for helping me make some good decisions! It was so helpful.

Looks good. I'm tempted to buy one of those as a stopgap. However, can you confirm that the case is a tight fit? From the pictures it looks a bit loose, especially at the bottom.

Thanks.

Guest aequalszero

I bought those ones from all-4-mobile: they have a peeler on the front and back.

To be honest, if you're looking for screen protectors don't get confused by all the options - just buy these ones. They are made-to-fit, easy to apply (as easy as screen protectors get, anyway) and work great.

Edited by aequalszero

Guest Timeblast
I agree. I don't like the exposed area below the buttons. If fact, the new 'improved' design is actually worse in that respect.

I'd also prefer a grey or black (preferably the latter) case that was made out of a non-translucent material.

Timeblast, could you feed these comments back to your supplier.

Thanks

Hi,

Sure I'll pass it on.

regards,

Guest mewson
Looks good. I'm tempted to buy one of those as a stopgap. However, can you confirm that the case is a tight fit? From the pictures it looks a bit loose, especially at the bottom.

Thanks.

Hi! ^^ Oops yes, forgot to mention that! (o_o) I know just what you mean, it's *slightly loose*, but you can barely notice. It makes it much easier to put on and off. The pictures look looser than the actual "holding" of the phone if this makes sense. Its not so tight that it's pressing all the buttons, but not loose so it moves or falls around. It's a good fit, and a brilliant stop gap. I was tempted to try out the infamous e71 case as well, but by the time I've tested all these crappy unofficial ones, it would have made more sense to buy the official SanFran case. I've added a pic to show the case next to the phone.

The screen protector, after having it on for a while, is AWFUL. Soooooo bad!!! You can see from the pic what state it's in now. I'm going to try a link suggested earlier (the proper SanFran protectors) instead at some point. I hope this helped a little!

100_3499.jpg

Guest g-rasshopper
I was tempted to try out the infamous e71 case as well, but by the time I've tested all these crappy unofficial ones, it would have made more sense to buy the official SanFran case.

Thanks for your reply.

What you say is true but I'm not 100% happy with the official cases either. I'm hoping that other better options will emerge in the future. But in the meantime I need something to prevent my phone from disintegrating.

With regards to the E71 cases, from what I've been reading they appear to be a better fit. But I'm slightly put off by the fact that they all seem to leave the bottom right hand corner of the phone exposed. Unfortunately, it's the corners of phones that are most susceptible to being knocked.

Guest terrence81
I bought those ones from all-4-mobile: they have a peeler on the front and back.

To be honest, if you're looking for screen protectors don't get confused by all the options - just buy these ones. They are made-to-fit, easy to apply (as easy as screen protectors get, anyway) and work great.

Thx m8!!! Ordered ;]

Guest mewson
Thanks for your reply.

What you say is true but I'm not 100% happy with the official cases either. I'm hoping that other better options will emerge in the future. But in the meantime I need something to prevent my phone from disintegrating.

With regards to the E71 cases, from what I've been reading they appear to be a better fit. But I'm slightly put off by the fact that they all seem to leave the bottom right hand corner of the phone exposed. Unfortunately, it's the corners of phones that are most susceptible to being knocked.

Howdy! Oh your joking, the official cases aren't that much good either!? Bugger! Think I'll DEFFO keep hold of my dubloons until it's sorted. The only reason I went for the Samsung was because it was only £2.00 including postage and it was flexible silicone (I'm not into the hard plastic cases). I forgot to mention its the i900 Omnia, and not the Galaxy. I really do think it's a case of trial and error, as so many posters here have had different opinions (some liked the e71, some had to mutilate them to death, somebody else said e72 was slightly tighter, someone else tried another, etc etc.)

I've gotta admit as well, I really didn't like the look of the e71, and like you said, some corners were exposed, and it looks odd. However, this one is quite nice! (If you like pink haha) Funky e71 Nokia Case

If you're reaaaally unsure, I would suggest going to a phone shop or one of those guys in the middle of shopping centers and literally just try out different cases. I was a lazy little shrimp and decided to eBay instead. (^^)

Anyway, let me know if you decide on/find a case! If there's something better than the Samsung, but cheaper than the OSF case, I'd love to know. :D

Edited by mewson

Guest g-rasshopper
Hi,

Sure I'll pass it on.

regards,

Thanks for that.

I've had a couple of other ideas. Mewson's case makes the SF look a bit more rectangular and in my opinion that improves its appearance. It would be nice if the official case could do the same (but obviously still fit the phone properly).

Also it would be really cool if they embossed an big Android logo on the underside.

Guest andouk

i've just ordered one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=170586887745

seems the best fit in dimension sizes

SF 116 x 56.5 x 11.8 mm

i7500 115.9 x 56 x 11.9 mm

also for screen protector i ordered a mirror finish one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

hopefully there half decent, i've bought cheap iphone ones before and they'vee been fine

Edited by andouk

Guest ronc2000
i've just ordered one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=170586887745

seems the best fit in dimension sizes

SF 116 x 56.5 x 11.8 mm

i7500 115.9 x 56 x 11.9 mm

also for screen protector i ordered a mirror finish one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

hopefully there half decent, i've bought cheap iphone ones before and they'vee been fine

I suppose for £1.95, it does not hurt even if it is not satisfactory.

Guest andouk
I suppose for £1.95, it does not hurt even if it is not satisfactory.

ye i bought this iphone one in january

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

tbh it's a pretty good case made the iphone feel that little more solid that it wasn't going to slip out of my hands, hoping this one is the same

the offical white san fran cases are out of stock so with me having a white san fran a grey or blue case wouldn't look right

Guest Veritas

Hi all,

Hoping someone could help me out. Bought the Gel-case and screen protector from neTimes that has been mentioned in this post before. The casing fits like a glove and is very good. However I have no idea about how to install/apply the screenprotector? can someone give me some instructions?

thanks in advance

Regards,

Veritas

Hi all,

Hoping someone could help me out. Bought the Gel-case and screen protector from neTimes that has been mentioned in this post before. The casing fits like a glove and is very good. However I have no idea about how to install/apply the screenprotector? can someone give me some instructions?

thanks in advance

Regards,

Veritas

clean the screen with the cloth and then apply the protector.

use something like a credit card to clear the bubbles

Guest Veritas

hmmm...but what is the protector suppose to stick to the screen with? I have a plastic piece and what looks like a sticker what is what?

thanks