Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

Guest popoyaya
according to the auction its "black transparen"...how is black transparent as well?!

Your pictures are transparent silicon, aren't they?

Where is the best link for the screen protectors to use with the silicon suround? samsung i900?

I have the silicon case, it's a translucent black colour and fairly stiff but stretchable rubber.

I also bought "anti-glare" i900 screen protectors but they make the screen look grainy. Maybe better to go with the "clear" variety.

Guest dadashi

I bought an i900 silicon cover today and it fits very well. Not very tight, but not loose either.Looks great and the buttons aren't covered.

The openings don't match accurately so I'm doing some cutting tonight. I'll post a picture tonight or tomorow when I'm through.

I've still got the screen protector that came with the phone :P

I bought it for 3 pounds from a street dealer and tried it first...

Edited by dadashi

Guest rwalton159
I bought an i900 silicon cover today and it fits very well. Not very tight, but not loose either.Looks great and the buttons aren't covered.

The openings don't match accurately so I'm doing some cutting tonight. I'll post a picture tonight or tomorow when I'm through.

I've still got the screen protector that came with the phone :P

I bought it for 3 pounds from a street dealer and tried it first...

I've ordered a case and screen covers.

Not sure how tough the phone is so I'm waiting for these before I start using it outside the home.

Guest dadashi

post-771242-1288032586_thumb.jpg

post-771242-1288032610_thumb.jpg

post-771242-1288032631_thumb.jpg

post-771242-1288032642_thumb.jpg

I bodged it up at little.

Cutting accurately thru rubber and silicon with siccsors and a razor blade is extremely difficult.... :D

I took the pictures with a proper camera, N95 :P

Edited by dadashi

Guest rwalton159
post-771242-1288032586_thumb.jpg

I bodged it up at little.

Cutting accurately thru rubber and silicon with siccsors and a razor blade is extremely difficult.... :D

I took the pictures with a proper camera, N95 :P

LOL - and I thought my Nokia 6120 Classic was old. Think my 6120 has the same processor as the N95, which was the top dog around 2-3yrs ago :D

Edited by rwalton159

Guest No Expert

Hi there dadashi,

could you please send us the link for that case - my E71 one covers the bottom keys and they're hard to press but I like the fact that yours leaves them exposed.

Many thanks.

Edited by No Expert

Guest tanivula
Hi there dadashi,

could you please send us the link for that case - my E71 one covers the bottom keys and they're hard to press but I like the fact that yours leaves them exposed.

Many thanks.

It's a Samsung i900 /i908 omnia case not a nokia E71 case. from the detailing in the case it's TPU one (not silicon).

Guest dadashi
Hi there dadashi,

Many thanks.

I bought a from a street vendor, you know the guys pushing their stands around in the street offering anything from phone cases to unlocks for a fiver!

I'm not sure what material it's made of, seems rubbery. Thought it might be silicon... what's TPU?

Awesome stuff guys. Ordered the 6 pack screen protectors from ebay. Was gonna go for the mirrored ones but apparently they stink. Whho knew! Also bought the leather E71 pull tab pouch and the hard plastic cover that almost everyone here bought. Yeah, I run with trends :)

Not gonna touch the phone until the screen protector arrives. Then getting the root stuff sorted.

Guest Bluearmy73

These screen protectors, are they easy to fit? I have used invisible shields for all my other phones and find them so easy to fit.

Are these that you guys are getting sticky or do they go on like the invisible shields? If they are sticky I am gonna struggle as I am a clumsy git.

Ooo just seen this thread. I bought the E71 gel case after being advised on HUKD and was pretty gutted when i put it on and realised it covers the menu buttons... Sooo like an eejit i started cutting it with a sharp knife (not a stanley knife) and can safely say i've cocked up. Also as the cover is so thick i'm thinking even if i cut along the bottom of the buttons, it will still be hard to press them down as the case is higher than the buttons. does this make sense to anyone??

I didn't cut too far so it may be possible to recover, i am far too stingy to buy another one, i am not keen on the stiffness of it i would prefer a soft, flexible silicone rather than gel.

Guest ezablade
These screen protectors, are they easy to fit? I have used invisible shields for all my other phones and find them so easy to fit.

Are these that you guys are getting sticky or do they go on like the invisible shields? If they are sticky I am gonna struggle as I am a clumsy git.

The ones I got are sticky, but, were a doddle to fit, no bubbles and you can't see them when on. They aren't too soft, so, don't flap around when you're lining them up.

Guest edwardnoob
That looks a good fit, got a link to the vendor?

Was in a local mobile phone shop testing all the range of cases and found the nokia e72 the best fit (very snug)

sanfran2.jpg

Guest finnboy

I use this nice thick gel one from ebay:

Cheap Ebay gel case

Fits fine, but needs a small amount of cutting for the micro USB port is all, doesnt cover any of the keys either and almost looks designed for the phone. Ive tried loads of cases and this is the best ive found. The leather ones are a pain in the rear, having to open them all the time.... and having the cover flapping around when making a call.

This case plus a screen protector I cut to fit are the best method ive found so far.

Guest misterLjay
Was in a local mobile phone shop testing all the range of cases and found the nokia e72 the best fit (very snug)

sanfran2.jpg

think i'll go on a hunt for one of those cases tomorrow

Guest meinnit
I use this nice thick gel one from ebay:

Cheap Ebay gel case

Fits fine, but needs a small amount of cutting for the micro USB port is all, doesnt cover any of the keys either and almost looks designed for the phone. Ive tried loads of cases and this is the best ive found. The leather ones are a pain in the rear, having to open them all the time.... and having the cover flapping around when making a call.

This case plus a screen protector I cut to fit are the best method ive found so far.

Do you only have to cut for the USB port or is the headphone socket also blocked?

Guest spoonium

sanfran2.jpg

So no idea what the vendor might be? No info on the packaging either?

So no idea what the vendor might be? No info on the packaging either?

Just did a quick google, this looks about right to me.

blke72silprod.gif

Not the best comparison picture I must admit, can't really be sure!