GPS fix for i8000 new

Guest Darius P.
and that's it? from reading this forum I got the impression I should install one of the cabs from the first post, as well as import the reg file from the 2nd page?

is all I need to do is install the cab from the first post.... no reg import?

thanks for your help, much apprecieated.

first post are edited. all you need is in the first post.

Guest jimmyhao912

after i install the 1st post .cab and soft reset, thn i am using garmin there is signal for the satellite but cant lock my location.....

pls help me pls... ^^ wat should i do... to make it work...

thanks...

Edited by jimmyhao912

Guest GUCCI OMNIA

thanks very much Darius for your feedback and efforts!

is this cab only useful if you have a data plan??

it didn't make a difference for me, still takes about 10 minutes to lock -- i don't have a data plan

no difference? I have fix in few seconds (about 10 s)

even without this cab file I have fix faster than 10 minutes...did you test gps indoor or outdoor?

Guest 1sokel

for AGPS

values in regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS

AGPSRoming=1 old 0

Accuracy=1 old 19

Vaccuracy=1 old 0

ResponseTime=0 old 2

QOPDelay=0 old 12

MaxLocationAge =0

ServerAddress=xtra1.gpsonextra.net:80 or supl.google.com old empty

TimeSync=1 old 0

For GPS without data plan

AGPSRoming=0 old 1

ResponseTime=0 old 2

QOPDelay=0 old 12

MaxLocationAge =0

both worked fine if you have data plan and move only in cities use AGPS settings

if not use GPS settings

remember AGPS is faster but less accurate from normal Gps

Gps locks littie bit slow in my country average time around 20 sec

My rom is in 6,5.3 G2 full with phone part JF1

Guest jimmyhao912

i have install the .cab file in 1st post...

but still same it take very very long time to lock my location...

wat i hv to done more instate of just installing the .cab file?

help me...

thanks... ^^

Guest GUCCI OMNIA
i have install the .cab file in 1st post...

but still same it take very very long time to lock my location...

wat i hv to done more instate of just installing the .cab file?

help me...

thanks... ^^

all you need to do is pick the right cab from the first post and install it... then using a registry editor program (e.g. Total Commander) edit the appropriate regs as described in post # 130. I don't have a data plan, so I used the bottom regs.

Thanks so much for all your help Darius, 1sokel and others! GPS locks so much faster now... even when im in my basement. Such a better phone, more useful phone now!

Everytime I start IGO8, i get an annoying notification popping up saying 'connecting to GPRS' it stays up unless i hit 'cancel' or 'hide'

then it says "Cannot connect for an unknown reason..."

... does anyone know how to prevent this pop up?

Cheers,

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimmernut
all you need to do is pick the right cab from the first post and install it... then using a registry editor program (e.g. Total Commander) edit the appropriate regs as described in post # 130. I don't have a data plan, so I used the bottom regs.

Thanks so much for all your help Darius, 1sokel and others! GPS locks so much faster now... even when im in my basement. Such a better phone, more useful phone now!

Everytime I start IGO8, i get an annoying notification popping up saying 'connecting to GPRS' it stays up unless i hit 'cancel' or 'hide'

then it says "Cannot connect for an unknown reason..."

... does anyone know how to prevent this pop up?

Cheers,

I have the same problem..wold be great if there is a way to disable it.

Guest skoda60

I used twu2 on post #69, fellow twu2 instruction and it worked. Now I can either used XTRA or AGPS. By using agps it fix slightly faster. Thank twu2 for sharing.

Connection to google server when I used agps else will be connecting to SNTP server when I used XTRA. Fellow instruction on post #61 and I feel easy as ABC. both worked well for me. With AGPS you can either used the free wifi(Home) for GPS data or GPRS.

please remember the default GPS setting for Omnia2:

GPS programme port: COM7

GPS hardware port: COM9

BAUD RATE 4800 UP

manage GPS automatically checked

Edited by skoda60

Guest skoda60
Has anyone found a way to use the GPS without a SIM card in the phone? Or with a SIM card, but with the phone in air plane mode?

In phone mode with or without a SIM card, GPS will worked. In air plane mode the GPS will be turned off so not working.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GUCCI OMNIA

I am confused - does AGPS require a data plan?

I have a data block on my plan so I will never be charged for data. So should I not be using AGPS?

I am using MS Team's new sense (cookie) rom. It has AGPS settings. So I installed the AGPS tweak 'without' and since I keep getting an error message saying 'trying to connect'

Thank you,

Guest Darius P.
I am confused - does AGPS require a data plan?

I have a data block on my plan so I will never be charged for data. So should I not be using AGPS?

I am using MS Team's new sense (cookie) rom. It has AGPS settings. So I installed the AGPS tweak 'without' and since I keep getting an error message saying 'trying to connect'

Thank you,

and xtra and Agps require a data plan. xtra you can download by wifi or actyvesync.

Guest GUCCI OMNIA
and xtra and Agps require a data plan. xtra you can download by wifi or actyvesync.

so these Agps tweaks are pointless without data plan?

thanks for all your work and help Darius

Guest GUCCI OMNIA

BAUD RATE 4800 UP

some people to use Program Port = Com 7

and others say Program Port = Com 4

what is the best?

Guest GUCCI OMNIA

BAUD RATE 4800 UP

some people say use Program Port = Com 7

and others say use Program Port = Com 4

what is the best?

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA

Guest Darius P.
some people to use Program Port = Com 7

and others say Program Port = Com 4

what is the best?

BAUD RATE 57600

for me the best with Igo8, Garmin and Primo.

Guest Darius P.

A typical A-GPS-enabled receiver will use a data connection (Internet or other) to contact the assistance server for aGPS information. If it also has functioning autonomous GPS, it may use standalone GPS, which is sometimes slower on time to first fix, but does not depend on the network, and therefore can work beyond network range, and without incurring data usage fees.[3] Some aGPS devices do not have the option of falling back to standalone or autonomous GPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS

Edited by Darius P.

Guest Odysseas07

what changes it has the new cab ???

what Registries you have change ???

I am asking you because i use the GpsModDriver and i know that this prog change some registries .....

Guest GUCCI OMNIA
A typical A-GPS-enabled receiver will use a data connection (Internet or other) to contact the assistance server for aGPS information. If it also has functioning autonomous GPS, it may use standalone GPS, which is sometimes slower on time to first fix, but does not depend on the network, and therefore can work beyond network range, and without incurring data usage fees.[3] Some aGPS devices do not have the option of falling back to standalone or autonomous GPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS

wicked man, I really appreciate your support! makes sense about A-GPS -- last question from me: do you know if the OMNIA II A-GPS is capable of using standalone GPS, without network connection? it would be useful on hikes. but I don't want to use A-GPS if it doesn't have standalone, because then I would just be slowing my fix for no point (because I don't have data).

Guest Darius P.
what changes it has the new cab ???

what Registries you have change ???

I am asking you because i use the GpsModDriver and i know that this prog change some registries .....

Please look edited firs post.

Guest Darius P.
wicked man, I really appreciate your support! makes sense about A-GPS -- last question from me: do you know if the OMNIA II A-GPS is capable of using standalone GPS, without network connection? it would be useful on hikes. but I don't want to use A-GPS if it doesn't have standalone, because then I would just be slowing my fix for no point (because I don't have data).

In my opinion, you can use tweaks with and without data plan. After testing you can always remove twaeks by uninstaling that.

It helps or not, depends on many factors, for exmpl. Your rom, phone part, and even country there you using your GPS program.

Guest GUCCI OMNIA
In my opinion, you can use tweaks with and without data plan. After testing you can always remove twaeks by uninstaling that.

It helps or not, depends on many factors, for exmpl. Your rom, phone part, and even country there you using your GPS program.

sounds good! thanks soo much for all your help!

Guest vlada_dorov
HLKM/Software/Samsung/RIL/GPS

mine only has one entry though so i just left it alone

does this fix work with the Garmin GPS ? or its just for the google maps ? or it is a fix for the GPS hardware in the Omnia 2 ?