GPS fix for i8000 new

Guest marisaleh

I am using sonblack sb31 with JMLToday and Mylocation.

Omnia ii has gps and xtra.

Mylocation doesn't seem to be working

Please help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darius P.
My GPS with Sygic is stuck on waiting for valid signal although I have the correct settings

Try to check the com ports and baud rates in program and device.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest las188

Hello,

I got an I8000, IJ3, and IGO PRIMO 1.1, 9.2.1.178658 . My problem is that when I use IGO , gps losses the signel every 20 sec and it takes another 20 to lock again. This problem appears only when it's on the map, if I let him on the screen that shows the strenght of the signal, never losses the signal. Can you help me to fix him?

In GPS setting I have

GPS program port: COM7

GPS hardware port: COM9

BAUD rate: 57600

These settings appear also in SYS.TXT of IGO.

Thank you,

Guest las188
I have the same problem..wold be great if there is a way to disable it.

press "settings" that appears in the message, go to edit my connection and delete internet connection to your operator, in my case VODAFONE, after this the message will never appear. It worked for me:)

Guest idrak3

I'm using JJ1_6.5.3_21352_Sense_2018_Lite ROM but i never can lock my gps. its already show how many satelite, but take long time to lock and fail :)

any suggestion?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Vi_Ma

Hi,

Am new to the forum, I have a Samsung Omnia 2. Never been flashed.

My issues are with GPS accuracy, I use Ndrive 10 with Maps on a micro SD Card, it usually gets me a lock in a few minutes cold, but I am OK with that. The problem is that the position keeps jumping, and it gets me lost while navigating. I don't use a data connection nor AGPS, & don't plan on using one.

Here are my Versions:-

• PDA - I8000JPJA4
  • CSC - I8000XSGJA5
  • Phone - I8000XXJA1
    CE 2.2.21883
    Build - 21883.5.0.73.

I would like to know the following:-

1. Is there any patch / and settings I can do to improve the accuracy.
  2. Can I use an external Bluetooth GPS Receiver(with a better chip) to improve accuracy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Darius P.

Hi,

Am new to the forum, I have a Samsung Omnia 2. Never been flashed.

My issues are with GPS accuracy, I use Ndrive 10 with Maps on a micro SD Card, it usually gets me a lock in a few minutes cold, but I am OK with that. The problem is that the position keeps jumping, and it gets me lost while navigating. I don't use a data connection nor AGPS, & don't plan on using one.

Here are my Versions:-

• PDA - I8000JPJA4
  • CSC - I8000XSGJA5
  • Phone - I8000XXJA1
    CE 2.2.21883
    Build - 21883.5.0.73.

I would like to know the following:-

1. Is there any patch / and settings I can do to improve the accuracy.
  2. Can I use an external Bluetooth GPS Receiver(with a better chip) to improve accuracy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

change just phone part to XXJF1 or XXJJ1 and evrything with gps will be better. :)

read ROM section for that.

• 2 months later...
Guest GUCCI OMNIA

LAST EDIT:

so final tweak, tested for 5 weeks- working fine. (need data plan)

maded some v/h acuratcy + reg. tweaks + new google server.

install (aGPS_final.cab)

soft resset.

(do not forget to use JF1 or JJ1 phone part)

rgds,

Darius

so all i need to do is install aGPS_final.cab to my device. then soft reset, and it should work?

thanks,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wm20320

Where do you find this my friend ????

For example with "ping"!

(if you want it more detailed: Win-Start-Button - type "cmd" - Type "ping supl.google.com")

Regards, wm20320

• 1 month later...
Guest Sripada

thank you so much for the agps cab. it locks me almost instantaneously under clear skies! works like a charm!

This worked great.. GPS has never been this easy for me before using the samsung_agps.cab

However i see there is a lag in communication or accuracy issue with MMI (Map My India).. most of the turnes are announced after i have gone pased the same by about 50 meters...

Edited by Sripada

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Abhiraj4

This replaces the default aGPS server to the

one GOOGLE aGPS server. This has been

found to dramaticaly increase GPS lock

speed! After applying this cab i get cold

Locks in about 20 seconds and warm gps

lock in under 15!

My stock JJ1 rom do not have aGPS settings. After that tweak my GPS lock works like a charm.

you can try to use on any rom, after uninstall everything goes back.

Does dis work for stock firmware( which came frm samsung) ie i hv neva flashed before...

i hv wnmo 6.5 ....

if anythin else needed pls tell..

in above post i also red i ned to change phone to jx1....how do i do it?...

new to all dis... sry

Edited by Abhiraj4

• 3 weeks later...

i have

PDA: I8000NXXJJ1

PHONE: I8000XXJJ1

so which cab should i download, aGPS_final_newip.cab right?

and after i installed that cab, do i still need to modify the agps setting like this?

1. dial *#1472365# for execute nogarder gps program.

2. click menu -> settings -> gps, change operation mode to 'MS-based' (default is 'Standalone', this is only for XTRA)

3. click menu -> settings -> GPRS (AGPS), input the google's server=> 74.125.113.192:7276

4. click menu -> settings -> security(AGPS), change SSL Setting to disabled.

5. click menu -> get position, this should connect to AGPS server to get the data, if everything work fine,you should get message like this:

SUPL Flow: Unkown Status

SUPL Flow:SUPL START

SUPL Flow:SUPL POS INIT

SUPL Flow:SUPL POS

SUPL Flow:SUPL END(0)

should i turn off XTRA? or leave it on? i have a data plan.

i also have quickgps lite v1.20 installed, should i remove it?

• 1 year later...
Guest xheretic

I tried almost every gps patches but nothing really work...so I decide to buy external BT gps Qstarz 1000X. From this moment I feel like in the Heaven :)

• 3 months later...
Guest argentinos

I tried the following settings on GT-I8000 (omnia2) gps with I8000NXXJI1 ROM (6.5.3) and Phone_I8000XXJJ1.bin

And... there's other method to enable AGPS like this:

1. dial *#1472365# for execute nogarder gps program.

2. click menu -> settings -> gps, change operation mode to 'MS-based' (default is 'Standalone', this is only for XTRA)

3. click menu -> settings -> GPRS (AGPS), input the google's server => 74.125.136.192:7276

4. click menu -> settings -> security (AGPS), change SSL Setting to disabled.

5. click menu -> get position, this should connect to AGPS server to get the data, if everything work fine, you should get message like this:

after go to settings/network settings/gps/connection

change baud rate to 57600

enable automatic management of gps

leave the rest the same

click ok

then go to settings/network settings/gps/XTRA

enable xtra proxy

enable activesynq download

enable sntp server

download xtra data

Then open your gps program and see it lock instantly fastest than ever

i did nothing else

in case supl.google.com ip change visit http://dnslookup.fr/supl.google.com and change to new address

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

No lucky for me. I did not get the message.

5. click menu -> get position, this should connect to AGPS server to get the data, if everything work fine, you should get message like this:

Guest argentinos

You have the ROM versions i mentioned above ? if not please upgade or else you need more moddifications. It is good to have the latest versions

Also you have internet data package in use ?

also better to do the following settings

You open telephone menu and go to settings

then

settings/network settings/gps/connection

change baud rate to 57600

activate auto management of gps

leave the rest

click ok

After go to settings/network settins/gps/XTRA

activate xtra server

activate downloading via activesynq

activate sntp server

click on "get extra data", while your phone is connected via activesynq on your pc and has through your pc access to internet. (you can also activate the option "when data expire" but this may charge you if not have enough data package. if not you can simply renew your data through activesynq weekly

please make sure you also have a working sim in your phone

since you made all the above try again and i am sure you will succeed

many users also not not know their phone has faulty internet connection via mobile data, because they haven't selected auto setting internet settings when insert their sim to the phone or input the setting manually.

i hope i helped. if not give me more info to help you more

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

@argentinos:

My rom is JI1, but my phone is JF1 (good one for brazil). Yep, I tried an internet data connection ON and no success. After, I tried with wifi connection. Same results.

In fact, after this hack, my gps app (iGO8) did not recognize the gps (I got a message: 'gps could not found'). No port was changed (always on COM7).

I tried 'MS-Assisted' instead 'MS-Based' but no success. And always with softreset (in fact, if I change to 'ms-assisted' and revert to 'standalone' the gps still not found by iGO; only after a softreset).

I think the only reason to the hack did not work properly is the difference between phone versions (JF1 instead JJ1).

Edited by Hiroshi.Rio

Guest argentinos

@argentinos:

My rom is JI1, but my phone is JF1 (good one for brazil). Yep, I tried an internet data connection ON and no success. After, I tried with wifi connection. Same results.

In fact, after this hack, my gps app (iGO8) did not recognize the gps (I got a message: 'gps could not found'). No port was changed (always on COM7).

I tried 'MS-Assisted' instead 'MS-Based' but no success. And always with softreset (in fact, if I change to 'ms-assisted' and revert to 'standalone' the gps still not found by iGO; only after a softreset).

I think the only reason to the hack did not work properly is the difference between phone versions (JF1 instead JJ1).

I had JF1 phone before. In my opinion JJ1 is the same good if not better. just try it. if you do not want to change it, then read this thread from the beggining. you will have prior to the settings i mention to install aGPS_tweakwithdll.cab and FF_Ultimate_aGPS_Tweak_supl.google_Generic.cab

and later change google ip

i hope i helped

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

@argentinos:

Today I updated my phone to JJ1 (sounds a good phone rom, with no problems at this time).

The first time that I tried to use this hack with JJ1 it didn't work. So I did a softreset and it worked. Really impressive! I tested with iGO and it tracked/found my place in seconds (and today is light rain and totally cloud).

I did few tests at now, but sometimes iGO does not recognize the gps. After a softreset it works. I am doing more tests to try to understand what's going on.

Anyway, thanks a lot. It is a very decent hack. ;)

Nogarder GPS found my location (picture attached), and I didn't get message: SUPL Flow: Unkown Status, SUPL Flow:SUPL START, SUPL Flow:SUPL POS INIT, SUPL Flow:SUPL POS, SUPL Flow:SUPL END(0).

Edited by Hiroshi.Rio

Guest argentinos

what version is your IGO ? 8.2 or 8.3 or primo ? better try 8.3 the most compatible. on IGO settings deactivate GPS and then scan again for GPS to have best compatibility results. also as far as i can see you use cooked ROM, so i am not sure if this ROM has any bugs. You tried again all that i mention on post 196 ? try installing a registry editor (sktools, resco explorer etc ) and check the registry if any problems there. i will try to copy/export my registry and publish it.