Skype available for Android, doesn't work on GS unless you're on JPK (? all 2.2 firmware work)

Guest NZtechfreak

Guest NZtechfreak

Its in the Market people!

Doesn't support all handsets, but it does work on my GS on the JPK firmware (presumably because its 2.2).

Having a play now, seems decent, too bad I got nobody to call at this hour!

Official announcement here - http://blogs.skype.com/en/2010/10/android....id|announcement

EDIT: Oh, and for those unable to find how to quit out of the app - sign out within the app and it closes.

Edited by NZtechfreak

Guest Avi GNG
Its in the Market people!

Doesn't support all handsets, but it does work on my GS on the JPK firmware (presumably because its 2.2).

Having a play now, seems decent, too bad I got nobody to call at this hour!

Official announcement here - http://blogs.skype.com/en/2010/10/android....id|announcement

EDIT: Oh, and for those unable to find how to quit out of the app - sign out within the app and it closes.

Hi !

this was really a long wait for us, but unfortunately skype doesn't think that GS community is large enough to address straight from the beginning.

the app doesn't work on i9000 with 2.1 nor with i9000 JPH 2.2

leaves me waiting .... again :)

Guest NZtechfreak
Hi !

this was really a long wait for us, but unfortunately skype doesn't think that GS community is large enough to address straight from the beginning.

the app doesn't work on i9000 with 2.1 nor with i9000 JPH 2.2

leaves me waiting .... again :)

You might want to try again on JPH, it seems to be down for everyone right now, including those of us who have used it successfully (even users on officially supported handsets are reporting this).