opening QWERTY keyboard

Guest reinPnoy

Guest reinPnoy

i don't know if its normal or i'm the only one experiencing this,

but everytime i open my QWERTY keyboard, my device slows down..

any suggestions how to fix this without overclocking?

Guest Klimto

Unfortunatly there isn't. The device has to load all landscape graphics for the phone, and these then stay in the RAM. So once you open it up it will be slower until you restart it.

Guest reinPnoy
Unfortunatly there isn't. The device has to load all landscape graphics for the phone, and these then stay in the RAM. So once you open it up it will be slower until you restart it.

ohh i see, so if i restart it in landscape mode it'll be faster?

Guest sakisds
ohh i see, so if i restart it in landscape mode it'll be faster?

Not really, the device is slower on any orientation except portrait(its slow even on reversed portrait).

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

The real reason for this is that Hardware Graphics Acceleration provided by Samsung processor works only in landscape mode. So in landscape mode, it fails pathetically to support the high resolution of the screen. This is a limitation built in by Samsung, God knows why, or perhaps Samsung knows.

Video player that play high quality video in landscape mode smoothly are actually doing it without changing the orientation. They are just rendering the video horizontally, not really rotating the device. Same goes for samsung apps landscape 3D views.

Samsung is really a pathetic company software support wise. Am not going to buy their products now. Not that I am not happy with B7610, its great but it has a lot more potential that we cannot tap because Samsung fails to support us. Boooo!!!!! Samsung!

Guest Gronostaj

On official ROMs, B7610 will be very slow for 10-60 secs and then it'll run almost normally. On Daskalos ROMs it's slower for only few seconds.

Unfortunately, WM works a bit slower if screen isn't in portrait mode. I've noticed it on HTC Touch too, so I guess it's not Samsung's fault.

Guest reinPnoy
On official ROMs, B7610 will be very slow for 10-60 secs and then it'll run almost normally. On Daskalos ROMs it's slower for only few seconds.

Unfortunately, WM works a bit slower if screen isn't in portrait mode. I've noticed it on HTC Touch too, so I guess it's not Samsung's fault.

i think it's in the operating system? i'm not sure though..

coz based on my experience, symbian os doesn't have that problem..