now after seeing this!!! non development

Guest dr_ysp

Guest dr_ysp

i have returned after so many days!! & just to have a look at whats going on here, but hey samsung has really f****d up sgs, ABSOLUTELY NO DEVELOPMENT, now i am happy that i returned sgs, i May go for desire HD may be it will be most happening thing!!

HTC rock, sammy u suck!!

Guest MAMBO04

You really need to look at XDA's SGS sub-forum. There is PLENTY of development going on for the SGS and currently, to name a few, Cyanogen Mod as well as a Desire HD Sense port is on it's way, so instead of ranting about you returning your phone just keep quiet about it because we all know about the cons of the SGS.

Anyway, good for you, have fun playing around with the inferior Desire HD :) the SGS is superior and the DHD is being released after it. Plus no front camera.

No phone or company is perfect, i'm fine with my SGS and Froyo is steadily being released, then the development will really kick off.

Guest budzy68
You really need to look at XDA's SGS sub-forum. There is PLENTY of development going on for the SGS and currently, to name a few, Cyanogen Mod as well as a Desire HD Sense port is on it's way, so instead of ranting about you returning your phone just keep quiet about it because we all know about the cons of the SGS.

Anyway, good for you, have fun playing around with the inferior Desire HD :) the SGS is superior and the DHD is being released after it. Plus no front camera.

No phone or company is perfect, i'm fine with my SGS and Froyo is steadily being released, then the development will really kick off.

Are you serious? Fine with your SGS? Well actually I believe that. I am fine with my Vibrant and my I9000 however you and I are in the very small minority that are willing to void our warranties and risk bricking our phone to get it right. Samsung released a phone with a broken GPS (NICE Work guys), a retarded and slow file system, and has sputtered at every turn getting an OS update that's been out since WAY before they released the phone.

I'm glad you're fine with it. Samsung won't get any more of my money. I have fun with my phones. But what Samsung has delivered to the average user is a travesty.

Guest morfic
Are you serious? Fine with your SGS? Well actually I believe that. I am fine with my Vibrant and my I9000 however you and I are in the very small minority that are willing to void our warranties and risk bricking our phone to get it right. Samsung released a phone with a broken GPS (NICE Work guys), a retarded and slow file system, and has sputtered at every turn getting an OS update that's been out since WAY before they released the phone.

I'm glad you're fine with it. Samsung won't get any more of my money. I have fun with my phones. But what Samsung has delivered to the average user is a travesty.

I had a lagfix and loved it, thought there was an issue with the phone (second wiping before returning it fixed the "not orienting issue" btw.) and on the replacement decided to just root and not rerun the lagfix script, and hope the vm tweaks are good enough, well obviously they can't fix what a crappy kernel and a crappier slow ®FS cause, so the VM tweaks can only minimize the amounts of data written, thus leading to smaller less frequent stalls.

Long story short, ignoring how the phone acts while installing apps (or otherwise high amounts of IO) and being at a point where app installs do not happen often, i love the phone ( i totally ignore the GPS until i get a fix from tmo.)

On a day to day use of the phone, i love it, the screen, the battery that does not drain at my work place where i have shitty reception (imagine edge/noreception switches and mt3g and liquid especially die a quick death and after coming home i charge it (speak 12-13hours), vibrant i come home and use with screen on for a few more hours), the battery life that is awesome until i drag the phone around the house constantly using www/SNS/mail and finish the battery off in ~16-17 hours. The UI response when switching between apps or screens (currently back on my "i think launcher pro is snappier than adw" trip)

I am upset about the low quality rom Samsung has shipped on a finished product, sure, it would make a nice rom for a tester, who would have to be testing blindfolded to not notice the lag and gps issues and wonky reception and battery indicators (i love seeing ~75% on the notification bar, doesn't help if the actual percentage is long below that), and who decided twlauncher itself should not orient? (it's how i missed orientation gets fixed by wiping, i only tested on twlauncher after wiping and had no memory of "it just doesnt orient on homescreen, stupid" ;) )

YEs this is much longer than i thought it would be, the Vibrant is an amazing phone once you start looking past the buzz kill first moment, after charging, "they really shipped this like that?" findings and start using it in your normal day to day life, and as long as i do not become another "behold victim" in the end, i will keep saying it's a worthy phone.

now let's go and request tmo/att/* demand samsung increase their QA department staff, and do not copy the Acer field testing recruiting model, and instead ensure they only get high quality field testers. (we can pretend they care and feel good for a moment or two!)

I'll enjoy 2.2 for a long time before i worry about looking who made a cm6+tw rom, to test after backup :)

Guest barumpuhabalen
i have returned after so many days!! & just to have a look at whats going on here, but hey samsung has really f****d up sgs, ABSOLUTELY NO DEVELOPMENT, now i am happy that i returned sgs, i May go for desire HD may be it will be most happening thing!!

HTC rock, sammy u suck!!

So you are pissed at Samsung because MoDaCo's SGS forum has been standing still?. That makes no sense what so ever, look at XDA and samfirmware :-) and there are few weeks, probably only days until the official Android 2.2 update comes, then i'm sure Paul and many other developers will get even more busy :-P

Guest Andrew Luecke

And you seem to have professionally reviewed the Desire HD before it's barely been publicly tested. Have you even used a HTC in the past?

Guest dr_ysp

people, listen to urself what r u saying... ya its fine phone, n=but it could have been much finier than what it has been, & only samsung has messed around, look at the htc desire, & nexus, what fine phones they are, even though they dont pack as much stuff as samsung packs, but they make fine & polished products, i was way happier when i had hero, than i had sammy & i was not at all happy, we will see what htc desire hd will become when it comes out, & person calling it inferior will see for himself!!!

sammy was saying they are gonna upgrade to froyo in end of september as far as remember, now look at their promise,,

Guest thecresta
people, listen to urself what r u saying... ya its fine phone, n=but it could have been much finier than what it has been, & only samsung has messed around, look at the htc desire, & nexus, what fine phones they are, even though they dont pack as much stuff as samsung packs, but they make fine & polished products, i was way happier when i had hero, than i had sammy & i was not at all happy, we will see what htc desire hd will become when it comes out, & person calling it inferior will see for himself!!!

sammy was saying they are gonna upgrade to froyo in end of september as far as remember, now look at their promise,,

The Nexus was the flagship & development phone, it was always going to be perfect, or as near as damn it. And Desire is almost an exact replica, as far as hardware is concerned.

I'd wait until the HD is release before singing it's praises...HTC are far from perfect!

Guest Dan Mullen
The Nexus was the flagship & development phone, it was always going to be perfect, or as near as damn it. And Desire is almost an exact replica, as far as hardware is concerned.

I'd wait until the HD is release before singing it's praises...HTC are far from perfect!

I'm a happy SGS owner. I had a Hero previously and had to wait over half a year from the initial pre-Xmas promise of Android 2.1 before HTC released the update!

The stock SGS firmware is far from perfect, but so is every firmware on every new phone. At least Samsung are actively working on fixing the bugs and looking to roll out Froyo within a week or two. The leaked JPC/JPH/JPK firmwares are proof that Samsung are working hard on this.

Patience is a virtue...

Guest Kilack

I like the galaxy, I am amazed at the amount of bugs in it though, I keep experiencing weirdness all the time with it, just little things that you know are obviously caused by bugs etc.

I get reboots sometimes, sometimes usb connections dont work, gps isnt the best (better than it was though), lag was an issue but ok for me now.., and a crap camera, tiny lens and sensor..

I got rid of the horrid lockscreen and back to stock lockscreen...

samsung obviously released the phone without much testing.

But I have come to enjoy the phone despite its faults, its not for life and Ill definitely upgrade when something way better comes out but i hope to hold onto it for at least a year.

Plenty of development going on, maybe not so much here but xda is full of things happening, I imagine that will pick up pace once froyo is officially released too.

Guest barumpuhabalen
i was way happier when i had hero, than i had sammy & i was not at all happy.

You owned a Hero???... how can you complain about <1 month update delay when Hero owners had to wait on a six month delay? :)

Several sites have recieved RC versions of the Froyo firmware, so it's right around the corner...

Guest dr_ysp
You owned a Hero???... how can you complain about <1 month update delay when Hero owners had to wait on a six month delay? :)

Several sites have recieved RC versions of the Froyo firmware, so it's right around the corner...

i had to wait definitely more than 6 months & i had sold it off before 2.1, but phone was beauty, very well built, polished sense experience, sammy has twitted that they will be updating to froyo by september, & u had to admit its very low on developers radar, otherwise cynogen will be pleasure to see on sammy, i dont know the reason???

Guest Speckles
Why do you NEED Froyo?

At the moment, I'm using stock factory 2.1. No mods, no lagfix, and I'm happy.

(heck, I don't even see the need for the lagfix...)

Edited by Speckles

Guest IBTECH

No phone is perfect.

I read people say here that the nexus one was perfect.

it was FAR from perfect just by touching the screen! it had the most inaccurate screen i have used on any capacitive phone.

Not to mention the screen would randomly turn off without having the ability to turn it back on.

I had many other HTC devices. NONE of them were perfect. HTC always likes to save on hardware so you never get the best. Only after a PR disaster they decided to put a better screens in their phone. they have build quality issues lately and if you think that Desire HD and Desire Z will have better development than the SGS, you might be wrong: Just look at the G2 it is locked down pretty hard and no one knows if it will ever be as customizable as the other phones. i am sure the same lock down will be present on the DHD and DZ.

The SGS is far from perfect, but it has many pluses.

Guest ranblv

I have to say the SGS is a phone with many conflicting feelings for me.

It has some things it does way better than anyone else and some pissing poor., I Had the X10/nexus/iphone/I7500 before. The N1 came out with multi touch issues and calibration issues but it received a lot of love from google and devs like cyanogen and Paul and it turned out to be the best phone I ever had.

The only reason I switched to SGS was the screen and GPU.

The SGS does some things better than any phone: Best GPU, Best screen with super amoled ( The n1 screen pales in comparison) the keyboard is more accurate on a bigger screen I like the touchwiz.

Then again it does some things pissing poor, the GPS, the file system, which makes it hard to love this phone.

If I wasn't flashing Roms every other week and just be a normal user, this phone would have been sold long time ago.

Samsung has a history of using its users as beta testers just so they could release highend devices ahead of the pack, they also tend to drop the development of their phones as soon as they release a new flagship device even if they didn't fix the problems of the previous one.

I hope that since they sold over 5 million SGS they will treat it better than the I7500 who got dumped with 1.6.

There is no good reason why the N1 should get 40 on linpack and a monster like the SGS should get 14 even with froyo, no reason but bad software devs at samsung.

Here we get phones months after they are released in europe, so if samsung does not fix their s*** and the DHD will receive rave reviews by people here and in XDA I will switch to it by the end of the year.

I still hope samsung will get their s*** together and the amazing hardware will receive the proper software it deserves.

Edited by ranblv

Guest Compuse

Tried a desire z, but there's no way i'm about to switch to that one, HD is just as lame guys ..

Sure you can have your idea's ready by the hot air the HD let up, but it's not yet comparable with a sgs.

Let's hope all naggers get back to their calculator-phones, soon!

Guest dr_ysp
I have to say the SGS is a phone with many conflicting feelings for me.

It has some things it does way better than anyone else and some pissing poor., I Had the X10/nexus/iphone/I7500 before. The N1 came out with multi touch issues and calibration issues but it received a lot of love from google and devs like cyanogen and Paul and it turned out to be the best phone I ever had.

The only reason I switched to SGS was the screen and GPU.

The SGS does some things better than any phone: Best GPU, Best screen with super amoled ( The n1 screen pales in comparison) the keyboard is more accurate on a bigger screen I like the touchwiz.

Then again it does some things pissing poor, the GPS, the file system, which makes it hard to love this phone.

If I wasn't flashing Roms every other week and just be a normal user, this phone would have been sold long time ago.

Samsung has a history of using its users as beta testers just so they could release highend devices ahead of the pack, they also tend to drop the development of their phones as soon as they release a new flagship device even if they didn't fix the problems of the previous one.

I hope that since they sold over 5 million SGS they will treat it better than the I7500 who got dumped with 1.6.

There is no good reason why the N1 should get 40 on linpack and a monster like the SGS should get 14 even with froyo, no reason but bad software devs at samsung.

Here we get phones months after they are released in europe, so if samsung does not fix their s*** and the DHD will receive rave reviews by people here and in XDA I will switch to it by the end of the year.

I still hope samsung will get their s*** together and the amazing hardware will receive the proper software it deserves.

I agree totally with u!!

modaco is gr8 community & i want to test nexus one, as i am unfortunate on that note

Guest Speckles

Must say that I am suprised that Samsung have managed to make internet access on the 9000 slower than a £99 Pulse.

But overall, I'm happy with the phone, but it certainly has some really annoying features.

Samsung do seem to think that creating and advertising new products is more important than keeping users happy with existing products. They fail to see that existing customers will refuse to buy new products as they fear they'll get the same 'no support'.

Edited by Speckles

Guest Dan Mullen
Samsung do seem to think that creating and advertising new products is more important than keeping users happy with existing products. They fail to see that existing customers will refuse to buy new products as they fear they'll get the same 'no support'.

If you substitute "Samsung" with "HTC", this is exactly the sort of thing I saw posted multiple times every day on the Hero forum before I got my SGS! I'm not necessarily disagreeing with Speckles, just saying that the same applies to lots of other manufacturers.

HTC rock, sammy u suck!!

good by

Carlos

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Astracat_95
Say Hello to a (soon to be) new owner of a white Galaxy S :)

I have just preordered one!

I was a 'T-Mobile G2 Touch/Hero owner before and how long did it take for the Hero to get the 2.1 update? At least six months, to my knowledge...I ended up rooting it and put (ported from another HTC handset) 2.1 on with the help of those great people on Modaco and XDA

Unfortunately the Hero wasn't quite built for speed like the newer handsets are, but it ran fine with the custom roms I've tried.

@ OP

It seems a bit rash to get rid of an SGS just because of a quiet period on the forums?

Edited by Astracat_95