[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Glyn Jones
Hi

It´s my first post fot first :( I buy a San Francisco here in my country (portugal) and i want to play with it, but first i want do do the recovery. I followed all the steps but i´m not sure if i did it right. i got up to the step where the screen stays with the andoid´s logo without any difficult, but the worts was then. How was i supposed load the image.img? I did it with daemon tools ;) (stupid i guess). So can you explain to me like I was a kid of 4 years old?

All that I can say is what i did was. emuled the images, and run fastboot.windows. Then i turn off the phone and everything is like it was...Normal

If someone could help me i will be very gratefull

PS: Sorry for my english. My teachers sucks

Hi flavio88,

Just a quick check but have you managed to install fastboot onto your San Francisco? If you shut down the phone and then switch it back on while holding the 'volumn down' button you should see the Android logo flash blue. Eventually, you should see the fastboot menu.

If this doesn't happen then you'll need to install fastboot using the guide.

Let us know if you manage to get to the fastboot menu ;)

first i installed clockwork from the app market. then i realized that it hadnt got the blade, and then i tried to install it.

after some trying, i got this answer...

C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blad

e.img

sending 'recovery' (3492 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... OKAY

bur then when i restart, the program isnt in the phone? its just empty, why? can someone help me?

Guest Jaffacakelover

EDIT: Thanks Joe998!

I kept getting "fastboot-mac: command not found" - it seems I have to put './fastboot-mac' instead of 'fastboot-mac'!

Edited by Jaffacakelover

Guest StevenHarperUK
OK, I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28U0t5RZz8, but i'm still stuck on stage 1 of however many! ;_;

On my Mac:

* Downloaded fastboot, unzipped to folder.

* Downloaded recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade, put into same directory as fastboot files.

* Turned off phone, took out battery, put battery back in.

* Turned phone back on with 'volume up' held. Device stays at the 'green android' screen.

* Connected to Mac via USB (no sign of connection from Mac).

* Opened Terminal, typed 'cd', then dragged in folder containing files from Finder. Pressed Enter to set directory.

* Entered 'fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img'. Pressed enter.

* Results in the Terminal displaying '-bash: fastboot-mac: command not found'

So, what am I doing wrong?

Ok after

Opened Terminal, typed 'cd', then dragged in folder containing files from Finder. Pressed Enter to set directory.
Enter the command
ls
You will see a listing of all the files - if you can see fastboot-mac and boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img you are in the right place Now enter the code
./fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

and your done.

./ means look where I am here - or the terminal looks in all the normal places where executables are stored (/usr/bin,usr/sbin)

I did a backup this morning with CWM 2.5.0.9 (MoDaCo r2) and tonight when I try to restore it says MD% mismatch!!!!

Is this a known problem?

Is there anything I can do to work around it?

Is there any useful bug report info that I can provide?

Thx

Guest veehexx
I did a backup this morning with CWM 2.5.0.9 (MoDaCo r2) and tonight when I try to restore it says MD% mismatch!!!!

Is this a known problem?

Is there anything I can do to work around it?

Is there any useful bug report info that I can provide?

Thx

renamed the backup folder? i've found it doesnt like brackets in the folder name. md5 will fail.

- and . seem fine however..

Guest bottletop

Hello all,

Another newbie here, having had a SanFran for Christmas.....

I've rooted the phone and have the superuser icon ok, I haven't downloaded a 'rom' as yet, but I have installed 'Premium Rom Manager'.

So my first question is,..... in the 'confirm phone model' dialog box that pops up, which of the (only) six or so options ("of Huawei Pulse Mini, Dell Streak, Huawei Pulse, Commtiva Z71 (Boston, Blaze and more), Geeksphone ONE, Spice MI700, Commtiva Link N700 and more), Huawei Ascend") is compatable or equivlant to the San Fran, if any.

second question, another dialog box states "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

so can one tell me where I'm going wrong? do I need to uninstall 'Rom manager' and buy it again?

any help would be appreciated.

and thanks for a great forum

John

Bottletop

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hello all,

Another newbie here, having had a SanFran for Christmas.....

I've rooted the phone and have the superuser icon ok, I haven't downloaded a 'rom' as yet, but I have installed 'Premium Rom Manager'.

So my first question is,..... in the 'confirm phone model' dialog box that pops up, which of the (only) six or so options ("of Huawei Pulse Mini, Dell Streak, Huawei Pulse, Commtiva Z71 (Boston, Blaze and more), Geeksphone ONE, Spice MI700, Commtiva Link N700 and more), Huawei Ascend") is compatable or equivlant to the San Fran, if any.

second question, another dialog box states "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

so can one tell me where I'm going wrong? do I need to uninstall 'Rom manager' and buy it again?

any help would be appreciated.

and thanks for a great forum

John

Bottletop

I don't know if any of the offered selections are compatible. The author of "Rom Manager" must do the work to make his product compatible with the ZTE Blade - he hasn't done this yet.

For now : follow the stickied guide : http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

Install Clockwork (in the recovery part of the device)

Install a new ROM using clockwork

Its all there

Guest bottletop
I don't know if any of the offered selections are compatible. The author of "Rom Manager" must do the work to make his product compatible with the ZTE Blade - he hasn't done this yet.

For now : follow the stickied guide : http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

Install Clockwork (in the recovery part of the device)

Install a new ROM using clockwork

Its all there

Thanks Steven......

Guest nonamer123
I:Checking for extendedcommand...

I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

I:Set boot command ""

Partitioning SD Card... please wait...

sh: sdparted: not found

An error occured while partitioning your SD Card. Please see /tmp/recovery.log for more details.

Whats wrong? I tried to format my sd (Ext-Partition + 0MB Swap) ... Why "sdparted not found"? Should i flash a newer Clockwork? ^^

//EDIT: Flashed new clockwork (2.5.1.3) ... Everything fine :unsure: Now its ok ....

Edited by nonamer123

Guest Ashenfall

Just wanted to report an unsuccessful restore.

I created a backup on r2 yesterday of a Froyo ROM, and then went back to a previous Eclair ROM backup successfully (wanted to test out the proximity sensor in a previous ROM).

I then tried to go back to the Froyo ROM backup, created about 20 minutes earlier, and got a MD5 mismatch. I tried various methods, such as renaming the folder, same error.

I managed to eventually restore it (deleted the MD5 checksum file and then attempted to recreate it, via googling for the error). Not something I should have to do though, and I don't know if there are any errors in the restore.

I have no idea what caused it, though I'm as sure as I can be that I didn't do anything wrong in creating it. I know I'm not using the latest version, but according to changelog, there weren't any major changes/bug fixes.

Edited by Ashenfall

Guest mikegeorge

Is there a straight forward way to remove clockwork mod if the phone needs to go back?

(i've put it back to stock rom but clockwork is still there)

Thanks,

Mike

Guest Slowcoach

Hi all, sorry to pester you as I can see plenty of other people are stuck but I am so frustrated trying to install this its unbelievable.

I am stuck right at the start when it says "From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)" I get the message fastboot-windows is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or hatch file"

Im a total beginner to installing these things so I assume when he saysf rom a a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files) it means opening the file they have been downleaded to and opening a command prompt.

Please please please help me out or I will self combust.

Guest Dave L
Hi all, sorry to pester you as I can see plenty of other people are stuck but I am so frustrated trying to install this its unbelievable.

I am stuck right at the start when it says "From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)" I get the message fastboot-windows is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or hatch file"

Im a total beginner to installing these things so I assume when he saysf rom a a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files) it means opening the file they have been downleaded to and opening a command prompt.

Please please please help me out or I will self combust.

+1

Me need a bit of learning in me :unsure:

Thanks Dave

Guest Blundell
+1

Me need a bit of learning in me :unsure:

Thanks Dave

it means the software exe your trying to run is not in the directory you are calling it from.

Guest The Governor
Any ideas what we should do?

I fll into this trap too B)

Assuming you've saved your fastboot stuff in a directory called "fastboot", just get a command prompt, type "CD\" this will give you a "C:\" prompt. Then type "CD fastboot" this will put you in the directory where your stuff is, the command line will then run successfully.

:unsure:

Guest a dark horse

Hey all, I ran the fastboot install and it all went ok, found the device and sent and wrote fine.

Only problem is when I restart the phone it still doesn't load the clockwork manager, I still just get a plain green android, and plugging it into USB now gives me the error "One of the USB devices attatched to this computes has malfunctioned".

I can still load up the phone fine though. I guess I've screwed up my recovery partition but is there any way to restore it? Cheers.

Edited by a dark horse

Guest Dave L

If I get to the "hold down volume+ and turn on" part and my pc (vista) doesnt recognise the sf were have i gone wrong?

Edited by Dave L

• 2 weeks later...

Little help for the new comer plz..

I have tried ClockworkMod recovery v2.5.1.3 and 2.5.1.8 and same issue. My phone has TFT. Trying to upgrade to 2.2.

I was able to root and successfully booted into clockworkmod recovery. I can browse various options using hte volume up/down keys.

I am not able to select any of the menu options. Nothing happens when I click home / menu or back buttons on the phone.

This is rather silly.. appreciate any tips.

Ok, the home button (which is suppose to select options in clockworkmod) seems to have a fault. It is not working when phone is in normal boot up. Dont know if I messed it up or genuine h/w fault :lol:

How can I restore everything back how it was packaged when shipped ?

Little help for the new comer plz..

I have tried ClockworkMod recovery v2.5.1.3 and 2.5.1.8 and same issue. My phone has TFT. Trying to upgrade to 2.2.

I was able to root and successfully booted into clockworkmod recovery. I can browse various options using hte volume up/down keys.

I am not able to select any of the menu options. Nothing happens when I click home / menu or back buttons on the phone.

This is rather silly.. appreciate any tips.

Guest Jason Patrick
The kernel in the Clockwork Recovery does not support EXT3. When I get some time I will see if I can replace it with my custom kernel.

EDIT: Try the attached recovery image. I've replaced the kernel with one that supports EXT3.

EDIT2: This version should also look correct on LCD displays

Feature request: could I request a small bit of bloat to the next clockwork recovery mod kernel/initrd - can e2fsck/fsck.ext2/fsck.ext3/fsck.vfat etc. be added to the recovery image (currently mkfs is present but not repair utilities), also could ext4 support be added (mkfs and fsck) to align with JJ9's support for ext4. For now the workaround is to mount /system (mtdblock5) and use the busybox fsck in the xbin directory.

TVMIA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jorgen41

Hmm the first step "Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen." dont work on my Blade the phone just starts as usual.. Any ideas ??