San Fran - Music is too quiet !!

Guest Pjcity

Guest Pjcity

Does anyone else find the volume even on max setting for any of the music players too quiet?

I am currently using Doubletwist on the San Fran and would love to get the volume turned up a bit!!

I thought there could be a way of changing the settings for the phone as I think it must be set to conform with

Silly Eu Regulations about noise levels and deafness !!!!

Otherwise what a bargain of a mobile !!!

Guest norwici

Or do what I do and use bluetooth A2DP headphones. I thought the San Francisco was too quiet and wasn't overly impressed by the robustness of the jack socket. I'm using the old Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 and it works really well with calls and the media player and my phone can stay in its case and in its pocket. Amazon and Play are both selling the newer Sony Ericsson MW-600 for £30 which has the advantage of being able to use your own choice of headphones. 7dayshop also does its own bluetooth headphones for about £17 which are supposed to be decent.

Guest tiggerlator

Just got mine, using a pair of samsung headphones, sound sounds fine, could'nt hear any hiss. My sennheiser cx300-II phones might come today so i will try it with them too.

Guest neologan
Or do what I do and use bluetooth A2DP headphones. I thought the San Francisco was too quiet and wasn't overly impressed by the robustness of the jack socket. I'm using the old Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 and it works really well with calls and the media player and my phone can stay in its case and in its pocket. Amazon and Play are both selling the newer Sony Ericsson MW-600 for £30 which has the advantage of being able to use your own choice of headphones. 7dayshop also does its own bluetooth headphones for about £17 which are supposed to be decent.

The Sony might be the only option for those looking for good soound quality and a loud output. The 3.5mm on the San Fran is pretty rubbish imo (compared to say, the one on a Sansa Clip).

Guest sipart
Just got mine, using a pair of samsung headphones, sound sounds fine, could'nt hear any hiss. My sennheiser cx300-II phones might come today so i will try it with them too.

Interesting - presume your running stock? My SF might be faulty.

Guest tiggerlator
Interesting - presume your running stock? My SF might be faulty.

Yep stock, just got home with it, i had a x10 for a while but the headphone sound on that was definatley low, this sounds fine to me.

Use In Ear Headphones/Monitors (IEMs). They will isolate environmental sound making your music the only thing reaching your ears. A Good pair with Double Flanged tips will silence everything :)

Guest ancientyne
Use In Ear Headphones/Monitors (IEMs). They will isolate environmental sound making your music the only thing reaching your ears. A Good pair with Double Flanged tips will silence everything :)

Hmm found same issue, im thinking im going to take the good advice and buy a pair of w300, as im also finding that getting the phone out of the case, is tending to terminate calls before I can accept them. and the w300 would solve this issue. the stuttering im experiencing with the music player doesnt help though, anybody else experienced this ?

It's much louder than the Pulse..

There, I said it :)

(I actually find it to loud if it is set to max.. Perhaps the damage has already been done :))

Pardon ?? !!! :)