Handcent help please

Guest chris9181

Guest chris9181

Hi

I used this without problem on my Pulse but using it of the SF I have the following problem which I'm sure is just a setting that needs changing but am unsure:

When I go into a thread on press and hold on a message I want to forward (as an example), the black options table appears but you cant see the text for the options unless you press on one then it is highlighted by the orabge colour.

This is the same if you go in to the main screen and want to delete a thread, press and hold and the same black options list appears with hidden text.

Cheers

Chris

Guest BigD18t
Hi

I used this without problem on my Pulse but using it of the SF I have the following problem which I'm sure is just a setting that needs changing but am unsure:

When I go into a thread on press and hold on a message I want to forward (as an example), the black options table appears but you cant see the text for the options unless you press on one then it is highlighted by the orabge colour.

This is the same if you go in to the main screen and want to delete a thread, press and hold and the same black options list appears with hidden text.

Cheers

Chris

i had the same problem, ive now deleated it and gone back to standered messenger.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I had the problem with it and could not find a solution to fix it so deleted it.

Handscent sucks the life out of the battery too, along with removing the ability to use custom tones, and only lets you select the standard ones. at least on my phone.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest bounty123
Handscent sucks the life out of the battery too

That can not be true, at least on Pulse. My battery lasts for ages and i'm using handcent sms all the time, also it's notification feature. It's miles ahead of the standard messaging app. You can't beat the popup notify function for example.

Edited by bounty123

Guest RottenFoxBreath
That can not be true, at least on Pulse. My battery lasts for ages and i'm using handcent sms all the time, also it's notification feature. It's miles ahead of the standard messaging app. You can't beat the popup notify function for example.

Yeah, you can..IMO, Pure messenger widget. :)

After uninstalling HS, I could pick custom ringtones again, and my battery isnt draining 30%+ in a matter of 2 or so hours, with no use.

Back to the stock messaging app for me, it does it's job.

*TBH. I thought handscent was a bit twee anyway, and looked like it was designed for teens.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest bounty123
Yeah, you can..IMO, Pure messenger widget. :)

After uninstalling HS, I could pick custom ringtones again, and my battery isnt draining 30%+ in a matter of 2 or so hours, with no use.

Back to the stock messaging app for me, it does it's job.

*TBH. I thought handscent was a bit twee anyway, and looked like it was designed for teens.

It must be some conflict between the blade and handcent then, or some other software.

Because my Pulse is still at 95% after 1 days standby with some minor phone and sms usage.

So normally handcent is very far from battery drainer. Designed for teens, that must be a joke. It's very customizable and much better designed (like the iphone messaging) that the original app.

Guest daniel_owen_uk
It must be some conflict between the blade and handcent then, or some other software.

Because my Pulse is still at 95% after 1 days standby with some minor phone and sms usage.

So normally handcent is very far from battery drainer. Designed for teens, that must be a joke. It's very customizable and much better designed (like the iphone messaging) that the original app.

I had this problem, reported it on their forum, then promptly move to chompsms :)