R2, power button wont activate sleep mode??

Guest finnboy

Guest finnboy

Cant remember if the standard rom had this working either!

But am I correct in thinking the power button should activate sleep mode if pressed momentarily.

Its a pain having to wait for autolock to kick in before I put the phone in my pocket, I want to lock it when I need to.

Anyone else have similar issue?

Guest mike557

Perhaps coincidental - My R3 power button has stopped going into standby :) Is there any config to control this?

This is following on from everything working then wifi stopped re-connecting when coming out of standby.

So now there are two faults.

The T-Mobile Pulse still has some life left....

Glorious reviews for the San Fran but it is still new and bugs will crawl out. I think I may have caused the problem by using the San Fran to take pictures of the pulse ready to sell on ebay ;-)

Perhaps coincidental - My R3 power button has stopped going into standby :) Is there any config to control this?

This is following on from everything working then wifi stopped re-connecting when coming out of standby.

Glorious reviews for the San Fran but it is still new and bugs will crawl out. I think I may have caused the problem by using the San Fran to take pictures of the pulse ready to sell on ebay ;-)

wondering if it's a switch fault, if you remove the cover and press the tiny black switch does it work?

wondering if it's a switch fault, if you remove the cover and press the tiny black switch does it work?

Guest mike557

The power switch is working - I can turn the phone off (get the menu up after a long press), the problem is that a short press should put the phone in to standby and instead nothing happens.

Guest will7201

When my San Fran/Blade was stock it worked. Now i've put R3 on, it works. So it's either a bug of R2 or it's a fault with your phone :)

Will.

Guest mike557

Have reverted back to stock (wanted to ensure I could restore everything) and the power off switch is working correctly.

Have also noticed that wifi is re-connecting after coming out of standby - though this still needs more time for testing to prove that the problem is associated with mrci.

Guest finnboy
r3 is very stable, why not install?

I know I can flash back, but I thought there were a few issues with R3 at the mo?

I might have to try it though as its a real annoyance not having a working sleep function.

Guest finnboy

Hmmmm... the plot thickens, ive just put the stock Orange Rom on and still no joy. The actual button isnt broken as it will switch the phone off.... but for some reason a short press refuses to put it into sleep mode.....

Guest finnboy

Just noticed that the sleep function works when the screen is locked (where you have to side swipe the screen to unlock it) but when its unlocked it doesnt work?

Am I incorrect in thinking that the sleep function should work at anytime, screen lock or not??

EDIT: Could someone confirm for me if their SF will go into sleep mode at any point or does the screen have to be locked?

Edited by finnboy

Guest mario999
Just noticed that the sleep function works when the screen is locked (where you have to side swipe the screen to unlock it) but when its unlocked it doesnt work?

Am I incorrect in thinking that the sleep function should work at anytime, screen lock or not??

EDIT: Could someone confirm for me if their SF will go into sleep mode at any point or does the screen have to be locked?

Still on stock ROM. Will go to sleep at any time.

Guest finnboy

OK, solved.

Bit of a pain in the rear but a factory reset did it. Its now going into sleep mode as it should.

No idea what setting or app caused it, but will try to establish this as I reinstall them all.

Guest jimbobvfr400
OK, solved.

Bit of a pain in the rear but a factory reset did it. Its now going into sleep mode as it should.

No idea what setting or app caused it, but will try to establish this as I reinstall them all.

I had the problem and saw mention somewhere else of some sort of setting causing this. Well it was

Open Spare Parts

Change "End button behaviour" to "go to sleep." Mine was set to "Home, then sleep"

Don't know why this setting works as the SF doesn't have an end button.