DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest DerFrank
I finally made 1.2.0 to work!

1. downgrade the baseband and flash 1.1.1

2. after 1.1.1 is fully loaded and working go back to fastboot and flash the new baseband

3. immediately after reboot go to CWR and flash .1.2.0

4. DO NOT wipe or clear anything!!! The Rom will boot after a minute or three

I did it that way and it works normally now! All the lockups and slowness was related to the /DATA partition not used!

BTW this build gives lower scores in quadrant!

confirmed ... it Works !!!!

the only thing i changed since last time my upgraid failed, is the wipe which i dindt made this time ...

Maybe I'm being very stupid (wouldn't surprise me but I have followed everything to the letter) but It's strange that It's working for some but not others.

If I took the old update.pkg away when i'm replacing it with the new one (which Is what I'm doing) would It make a difference it not being there?

Edited by NO1FAN

Guest epuarlana
the people it seems to fail for are those who are getting boot loops. i flashed fine and without any lockups and its working perfectly

no +1 for this. I was able to boot up in 1.2 with a clean flashing (including wiping everything except my sdcard)

androot said it rooted my device, but no root-apps could benefit from it

market made trouble

stage ui seemed a little bit ugly :)

I'm back to 1.1.1 for now, til the other problems are confirmed to be fixed - or at least working workarounds are there :-)

PS: I've been in the boot loop,too. But thanks to the instructions with the adb-commands on page 126+127 I was able to reflash everything. 1.1.1 on the other hand doesn't make any problem. <3

Guest adzman808
shouldn do

sorry mate (my bad, i know whoe this is gonna sound...)

but do you mean

should do

or

no it wont

i'm a bit stupid when it comes to abbrviated text..

Well... Time for me to make my little contribution after a full day fighting with the 1.2 update process :)

My starting point was Steve Froyo 1.0 with Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1

I went straight into trouble as I was unable to update the basebad from Fastboot.

I finaly found a working solution in this threat based on using the clockwork recovery folder from windows. Check my previous post for the exact instruction.

Now the big boy... Froyo 1.2

I did a factory reset from the Dell menu, I did wipe everything using the 2 option in clockwork recovery but each time I was trying an update, I was getting stucked to the Dell logo.

So I read and I read again and applied Steve advice to install 1.1.1 and installed 1.2 directly on the top.

It worked like a charm (both install took less than 10 minutes) and thanks to the numerous wipe/reset i made from every possible options, the Market works great, I can see all my purchased apps (that I have already re-intalled) and MOST importantly, the Therering option is working great (This last one means donation to you Steve!!!)

To make a long story short, WIPE and RESET everything before before to start the install of new version and you should be fine :)

Edited by BooToo

Guest Stephen Hyde
Stephen you say brave soles. Does that mean there is a chance of bricking?

no, just need people who dont mind losing their data (factory reset required) and dont mind possibly havingto restore back to 1.1.1.1 if it faisl for them

Guest payneardo

Hi thanx for his update, it rocks as always :) mine is also fine and no problems :)

Did have a couple of Fcs on first boot but no probs since :(

I was on 1.1.1 updated the baseband and then updated via the zip.

I did not do a factory reset and on boot after a couple of fcs everything is fine. Thanx again

Edited by payneardo

no, just need people who dont mind losing their data (factory reset required) and dont mind possibly havingto restore back to 1.1.1.1 if it faisl for them

Ok then count me In as I've already done all of that :)

Guest rockymtnbri

The downgrade/upgrade steps worked for me! First thing I tried was Angry Birds and it installed like a charm! Now I'm going through AppBrain and downloading (successfully) all of my apps again! Good thing I took screen shots the other day so I can replicate my original layout. I think I'm going to stick to ADW.

Edited by rockymtnbri

Guest mellytime

DJ-Steve Great Job!! This worked like a CHARM for me. Once you apply the amss.mbn this thing kicks patudie :) My co-worker is as we speak trying to order one from Dell or BestBuys. This is wonderful and the instructions were dead on....

Now If you are like me then you want this process to be simple so here is what I did...

1- I went into Clockwork 2.5.0.4 using ROM Manager Premium and did a backup of my current 1.1.1 rom ( which was working fine )

2. I performed a Whipe of Delv Cache, and Battery Stats I did not do a whipe of my Data.

3. Loaded the nebb update to my SD Card

4. Held both VOLUME buttons and POWER to get into recovery mode

5. Selected the SD Card update

6. Found the nebb update zip and installed

7. Rebooted boot time seemed normal to me maybe about 15 seconds

8. Fastboot POWER AND CAMERA went into Fastboot then while in CMD.exe going to the folder where I downloaded the amss.mbn I typed-- fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn " let this run til it finishes " Then fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

9. Reboot you get this

post-748229-1288978578_thumb.png

Simple... I'm getting good that follow Instructions

THANKS!!!!

Edited by mellytime

Guest steflucrene
The downgrade/upgrade steps worked for me! First thing I tried was Angry Birds and it installed like a charm!

+1

Ok for me too...Install Ok no more "dell logo wait" problem --- Market is now OK !

This ROM is now perfect..Thanks Stephen

Thanks Stephen the new instructions worked like a dream :)

Guest Stephen Hyde
Donation sent!

Hope "Laura" will enjoy it :)

lol that paypal confuses everyone - linked to my partners bank so hads to be her name - paypal are annoying like that