DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest homeiss
better yet... can I just use my old file 'Update.pkg' from when I flashed 2.1 from 1.6?

That should work. But it will wipe everything so make sure you backup.

Guest bimori

Any big differences from the version for those of us who flashed the basedband then used fast boot to flash the system, boot and user data images versus those using the update.zip build??

Guest bhull521

"Better than I expected" .....man.... wherre do I start? I have 2.2 running on my streak. Everything is working. I even have the DroidX keyboard working flawlessly so far. Switching between wifi and data is tricky but working fine. I don't have to power down or anything. Live wallpapers, widgets, web,

!!!!FLASH!!!! .... eveything I have tried so far works. Great job Steve and others. The streak is finally what I wanted it to be when I bought it back in July.

:)

Oh.. one thing... iheartradio, can anybody get that working on Froyo.

Also, explain again how to donate, you have earned it ;)

Guest tonymenocal

i updated by pointing to the zip, and now have 2.2. The directions below were they inorder to upgrade baseband and get camera working?? I tried using device manager to install Qualcomm drivers (WINXP System) but could not locate or point to them, either way.... It will ask for the drivers but even after clicking on the DPinstal and doing it manually, it will install them with the app however i dont see any ports or a finished QualCom installation and the computer asks for them again...I was hoping the additional instructions would help get camera back but I cannot get them to work...

Has anyone been able to use the new how to sucessfully? I tried, no link is provided for the clockworkMod Recovery, some research led me to clockworkMod ROM manager. Tried using that with no sucess, at reboot with the vol up and down arrows it takes me to the default recovery manager, the cockworkMod Recovery never opens.

Guest bhull521

I used the update-new.zip found in earlier post renamed "update" without the quotes and flashed with Clockwork over 2.1 6941. I had to pull the battery to final boot. Once it booted, no problems.

Guest navrac
Has anyone been able to use the new how to sucessfully? I tried, no link is provided for the clockworkMod Recovery, some research led me to clockworkMod ROM manager. Tried using that with no sucess, at reboot with the vol up and down arrows it takes me to the default recovery manager, the cockworkMod Recovery never opens.

if you select upgrade from pkg option it takes you to the clockwork page.

Guest mothandras

Error when trying to use QDLTool.exe getting the following error message:

###QDLTool: M 2.7.4.5, build ID: 1.302.20100910, time stamp: Fri Oct 08 23:17:40 2010

Check image DBL: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\streakflash\images\dbl.mbn ...

Check image FSBL: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\streakflash\images\fsbl.mbn ...

Check image OSBL: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\streakflash\images\osbl.mbn ...

Check image AMSS: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\streakflash\images\amss.mbn ...

Check image DSP1: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\streakflash\images\dsp1.mbn ...

Check image APPSBL: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\streakflash\images\appsboot.mbn ...

Check image DT: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\streakflash\images\DT.img ...

Check images: Partition Dbl Fsbl Osbl Amss Dsp1 DT Appsbl

Check images ok

Download in speedup way

Open COM port success

OSBL version: 12-407705-AUSB1AM-09

osbl.mbn version:

Baseband image version: M8650BAUSB1AM5035SIGN

Check device and image is Austin

Baseband image version: M8650BAUSB1AM5035SIGN

Check device and image is Austin

Open COM port success

Test communication success

Check Secure Boot is enabled

#DBL to DDR success

#FSBL to DDR success

#OSBL to DDR success

#AMSS to DDR success

#DSP1 to DDR success

#DT to DDR success

#APPSBL to DDR success

#backup FSBL to DDR success

#backup OSBL to DDR success

#backup DT to DDR success

#backup APPSBL to DDR success

Run HEX success

ERROR[D14]: Streaming hello Failed!

ERROR: Download fail!

Please remove the battery and try again.

Wait for modem set up ......

Download Fail! - 2010/10/08 23:18:05

Elapsed Time: 24.44 sec

Any suggestions?

Guest yosemite-sam

Respectamundo Steve, the update went well. I just need to root it and copy the new build.prop file over to /system.

For some reason I cant get the universal root to work, it keeps giving me an error when i choose to root, rebooting hasnt helped. anything else I can try?

ps does everyone remove the battery after using fastboot? ive been known to be a lazy bugger and have used reboot instead lol is there any issues in doing this as its a pain in the ass pulling the battery always. I have a reboot bat file which just has "

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c reboot" -no quotes.

if you select upgrade from pkg option it takes you to the clockwork page.

Not working. When I do fastboot with vol up/down and power it takes me to a screen with 4 options.

1. Factory Reset.

2. Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card.

3. Screen calibration.

4. Power off.

I select option 2, it takes me to default ROM recovery for 2.1, never takes me to clockworkMOD recovery manager.

I want to make sure that I have the right hing downloaded. Is it the clockworkMod Rom Manager Free that I use. (that is what I have installed)

Guest cowballz
Not working. When I do fastboot with vol up/down and power it takes me to a screen with 4 options.

1. Factory Reset.

2. Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card.

3. Screen calibration.

4. Power off.

I select option 2, it takes me to default ROM recovery for 2.1, never takes me to clockworkMOD recovery manager.

I want to make sure that I have the right hing downloaded. Is it the clockworkMod Rom Manager Free that I use. (that is what I have installed)

same here

Guest navrac

Very Snappy and pretty cool - the flash is excellent. Well done!

Issues so far:

----------------

Dell PC suite doesn't recognise phone but windows shows it is there as an android phone/adb device

tried 4 reboots, cleared cache, and then re-flashed but still no camera. (didnt flash baseband as I want to use rebel sim) so I think people whose camera started working were just lucky or did something else.

Facebook can't connect to home page.

Tethering doesn't work - just shows 'error'

Suspicions:

-------------

After an hour or so the touchscreen starts misreading touch position causing multiple touches on keyboard and juddering when on USB.

could be just a coincidence but I've never seen that behaviour before.

Apps that don't work with 2.2:

-----------------------------------

Streak light (force close)

titanium backup claims it cant get root access despite it being rooted.

Apps that do work:

Everything else seems to work as expected - just faster and smoother and I love having flash!!

Tried so far, installed apps, androot, root explorer,angry birds,gps status,compass,Air Traffic controller,astro,gmail,email

Edited by navrac

Guest navrac
same here

Copy the update.zip to the sd card first

then

try installing the clockwork recovery again and as soon as its finished loading the recovery, take the battery out and then try the boot with

both volume buttons down and then select the update option.

I had the problem that after doing a clockwork recovery, it seemed to get wiped on the next normal boot so this way its next boot is into the clockwork recovery and the file is already there.

Hope that helps

Richard

Guest cowballz
Copy the update.zip to the sd card first

then

try installing the clockwork recovery again and as soon as its finished loading the recovery, take the battery out and then try the boot with

both volume buttons down and then select the update option.

I had the problem that after doing a clockwork recovery, it seemed to get wiped on the next normal boot so this way its next boot is into the clockwork recovery and the file is already there.

Hope that helps

Richard

did exactly what u said flashed recovery in rom manager, took cover out, took battery out, put everything back in, vol + vol - plus power, press option 2, and all i get is a black screen ,

Guest navrac
did exactly what u said flashed recovery in rom manager, took cover out, took battery out, put everything back in, vol + vol - plus power, press option 2, and all i get is a black screen ,

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas at this point - I think you need to wait till someone more experienced than me turns up!

Guest finalmoksha

You could try the alternate recovery here. It seems to work for people who get the black screen

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

Cheers

Guest Alkiera

Finally got this working...

It's sick how much faster this is than 1.6... the UI is just tons faster, menus more responsive. Craziness.

Thanks, Steve!

Guest cowballz
You could try the alternate recovery here. It seems to work for people who get the black screen

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

Cheers

beautiful!!! that did the trick!! i used the alt.img and no black screen!! 2.2 up and running , steve donation on its way tomorrow!! thank u so much for the hard work u put in for all of us

Guest mt6622

Hi Steve

Great work, could you check exchange SSL as updated to 2.2 and cant set-up exchange email either on stock email or touchdown doesn't appear to be able to connect with the server, had this issue before when Froyo was in beta for my previous phone HTC Desire

Thanks

Edited by mt6622

Guest mzsigler

Does camera force close for everyone? I haven't read every page of the thread, but I didn't see it under known issues.

Edited by mzsigler

Guest mt6622
Does camera force close for everyone? I have read every page of the thread, but I didn't see it under known issues.

Hi Camera working for me once build.prop tweak applied

Guest mzsigler
Hi Camera working for me once build.prop tweak applied

What do I need to do to build.prop?

It's not in the first post and this forum doesn't have a "Search Thread" feature :)

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi,

Does Dell PC suite work yet ? Does it synchronize with Outlook ?

This is very important for me. I'd appreciate any feedback :)

Btw, do we have the fm_hcitool command on shell in new rom ?