DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest punkrckriot
but can you download/install apps. wondering if anyone on new baseband cant install or just those who had boot problems

will let you know if my streak ever boots lol.

Guest matty.cptk

well from what i've seen so far is:

nothing installs from the market or Android commander ( when installing to phone memory) but installs to SD.

I've installed AppMonster pro to the SD by using Android Commander.

By running AppMonster i can install any apk i have installed in the appmonster folder without any problems... so yea permission problem it is..

installing .apk files works.

Market installs I find works when I drag down the notification window and watch the process. Each time I leave the notification window up it fails. WEIRD!!

Bluetooth connectivity works, just for some reason its connection is not as good as previous versions. Gets cut out ALOT more whereas before it was flawless.

Just cleared data on Launcherpro and StageUI and now they both FC even after reboot. 'Note to self: DON'T clear data on ADW' :)

Will try Factory Reset laterh

Guest banterbay

ok go into adb shell then run the following commands CAREFULLY

cd /data

busybox_1P8P1 rm -rf *

Can anybody pls help. All I getting running above commands is: /sbin/sh: busybox_1P8P1: not found

Thanks

Guest banterbay
You need to run adb shell first. After you do, you will have the adb shell prompt. Then enter the above commands.

yes I did that but still getting same error: /sbin/sh: busybox_1P8P1: not found

Thanks for response.

Guest Adilson
try using the latest android sdk adb

I think you misunderstood me: adb works fine, it's fastboot that does not.

Update: I discovered that if I use a version of fastboot that allows me to enter the vendor id (-i 0x413c) it works fine.

Just updated to 1.2 and will start testing ASAP.

Edited by Adilson

Guest springah

hmm stuck on boot logo. past first dell logo, then yeah, stuck on animated one.,

cleaned all partitions in clockwork, factory reset, installed zip again, same thing.

*shrugs its broke

just noticed that the boot logo is my custom one... something isnt wiping?

Edited by springah

Guest banterbay
I think you misunderstood me: adb works fine, it's fastboot that does not.

This is all I get:

~ # cd /data

/data # busybox_1P8P1 rm -rf *

/sbin/sh: busybox_1P8P1: not found

/data #

Guest Graysson

Someone should have mentioned that you cant get into the adb shell when you are in fastboot.^^

The busybox command worked.

But im still in the endless loop.

Now 1.2 works for me too.

And I prooved that the error is always in front of the screen.^^

Edited by Graysson

Guest banterbay
Someone should have mentioned that you cant get into the adb shell when you are in fastboot.^^

The busybox command worked.

But im still in the endless loop.

Now 1.2 works for me too.

And I prooved that the error is always in front of the screen.^^

I am not using adb while in fastboot. I have tried using ADB via Clockwork v2.5.0.1. No luck at all

Guest Adilson

Holy Cow, Navigation is working! It is not supposed to work here in Brazil. I have Sygic 10 that I bought a few months ago and works fine but it's always nice to have a second option :)

Guest tonymenocal

Installed SDK, ran fastboot from cmd. upgrading baseband complete. (very simple) Installed .zip from sd, then factory wipe. Now stuck on Dell logo 30min.

since i upgraded baseband, now its impossible to install the other version obviously because of new baseband. Where does one go from here?

Guest lbj23numb1

If anyone is going back to 1.1.1 and still wants stage ui all u have to do is pull the stage launcher apk and all the Widgets from the 1.2.0 update

Would love to flash this rom to my stock ATT 1.6 Streak but was wondering if this new Froyo build is based on the O2 Streak and if so will u ever be able to cook up a rom based on the Att streak build or is there a difference?

Edited by AkDave

Guest tonymenocal

Not to spam however,

I Installed SDK to get fastboot, ran fastboot from cmd. used the new ams. upgraded baseband successfully. (very simple) Installed .zip from sd, then factory wipe. Now stuck on Dell logo 30min.

since i upgraded baseband, now its impossible to install the other version obviously because of new baseband. Where does one go from here?

Note: repeated installation steps twice now, and still no go.. How do I revert baseband to try other 1.2zip?

**Note flashing led's in clockwork.

Edited by tonymenocal

Guest gnasher666

I can confirm that if you are stuck on the Dell logo then this procedure does work - thank you Steve

cd /data

busybox_1P8P1 rm -rf *

then run ls and if it returns anything except lost+found run rm -r <name> where <name> is the folder name you see.

then run reboot and wait

and that if you have troubles installing apps from the Market then the following commands resolved my issues.

adb shell

chmod 777 /data/*

Edited by gnasher666

Guest tonymenocal
I can confirm that if you are stuck on the Dell logo then this procedure does work - thank you Steve

cd /data

busybox_1P8P1 rm -rf *

then run ls and if it returns anything except lost+found run rm -r <name> where <name> is the folder name you see.

then run reboot and wait

and that if you have troubles installing apps from the Market then the following commands resolved my issues.

adb shell

chmod 777 /data/*

Does busybox work for windows? as I am unfamiliar with it. From your instructions, I can see your using linux I dont have my linux system up and running, and setting up a vm would be a hassle. Does anyone have a fix for win? Man I feel daft :)

Edited by tonymenocal

Guest springah

cd /data

busybox_1P8P1 rm -rf *

then run reboot and wait

adb shell

chmod 777 /data/*

my /data appears to be empty already..

tho again, my boot screen that it gets stuck on is still my own custom one.. something isnt being erased properly..

Guest tonymenocal

I had something similar. I went into boot and partitions and formatted + cache. Still stuck but looks like its trying to work. Flashing Led's are present occasionally, and boot logo is still stuck

Guest springah
I had something similar. I went into boot and partitions and formatted + cache. Still stuck but looks like its trying to work. Flashing Led's are present occasionally, and boot logo is still stuck

ok i understand now. adb'ing while in clockwork will not work properly.

adb while boot logo is stuck and ive managed to ls /data and delete via busybox command. we'll see if it boots now tho...

(worked after another "factory reset" from dell menu)

Edited by springah