DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest springah
strangely I was able to download AdFree after the permissions settings (chmod 777 etc) some apps but others work. (I've currently got the sdcard unmounted)

Facebook update ok

Gmail update ok

Launcher Pro update ok

Root Explorer not ok

Root Explorer worked this time - how bizzare

yeah its broked hard. wait for an update to the rom 2moro, i'd say...

strangely I was able to download AdFree after the permissions settings (chmod 777 etc) some apps but others work. (I've currently got the sdcard unmounted)

Facebook update ok

Gmail update ok

Launcher Pro update ok

Root Explorer not ok

I was able to install fine earlier... now for some reason its more consistent in it not installing anything. Gonna try unmounting the SD card to see if that changes anything. Need rockplayer installed.

Universal Androot not working even after it says its been rooted..WOOT! :)

Anyone notice that after rebooting the phone, some apps aren't keeping their settings like Beautiful widget?

Guest jnovello

Facebook update ok

Gmail update ok

Launcher Pro update ok

Root Explorer not ok

Yeah, it sounds like the same problem the Droid Incredible was having with it's froyo. It says space is needed, but there is plenty of space there.

Just updated to Version 1.2 but the home keys are flashing. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

If you're not using a Rebel SIM card, you should flash the new Baseband and then flash the NewBB.zip. I had this same issue before but because I tried to flash the no baseband update instead.

Guest rockymtnbri
busybox is a command on the Streak which you use from a Windows command prompt:

So the procedure to resolve the stuck on Dell logo is.

1) With the Dell logo on the Streak wait for 10 plus minutes to see if it progresses

2) Still with the Dell logo on the Streak plug in the USB cable and wait a minute for Windows to sort itself out

3) Open a command prompt in windows and change to the directory you have ADB.exe installed (on my setup it's cd\androidsdk\tools)

4) type adb shell and press Return

5) you should now see a # prompt in the windows command prompt where you enter commands that run on the Streak

6) type cd /data and press Return

7) type busybox_1P8P1 rm -rf * and press Return

8) at this point you may receive a message stating directory not empty if you do follow step 8a, otherwise skip to step 9

8a) type rm -r [directory name from error message in step 8]

9) type exit and press Return, this should return you to the standard windows command prompt

10) type adb reboot and press Return

Hopefully within the next 5 - 10 minutes your Streak should have booted up properly

If you have problems installing applications from the Market (or other places then try the following)

1) Open a command prompt in windows and change to the directory you have ADB.exe installed (on my setup it's cd\androidsdk\tools)

2) type adb shell and press Return

3) type chmod 777 /data/* and press Return

4) (not sure if this is required) type chmod 777 /data and Press Return

These were the steps I followed to get a fully working 1.2.0 build.

Thank you Steve for all your hard work - Still looking forward to a Sense build :)

Thank you for this completely detailed walkthrough - this worked for me!

Guest simpl3lang

Has anyone successful got the 720p mode on video capture to work? Mine still records in low quality 3gpp. Hope others have more luck than I did.

Installing apps on the market install unsuccessfully. But if you view the download and installing process on the drop down task bar, it installs fine. I havent tried the adb command to fix the install. Will try when I get back home.

Guest jnaldaco
If you're not using a Rebel SIM card, you should flash the new Baseband and then flash the NewBB.zip. I had this same issue before but because I tried to flash the no baseband update instead.

what do i do with the amss.mbn file , after i download Newbb update.zip. Ya I'm a noob

what do i do with the amss.mbn file , after i download Newbb update.zip. Ya I'm a noob

Sorry but what you do is.... read through the 1st page, it's all laid out there. Any problems while doing that I'll try to assist.

Guest untrueparadox

Guys, I think I found the cause of the data partition not getting wiped with factory reset. Some of us have the old clockwork mod for 1.6 still installed (symptoms are constantly flashing lights and no adb shell in recovery). what you need to do is install the koush's 2.1 clockwork repack found in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/

Here's how I got it to work.

1. Flash that recovery in fastboot

2. Reboot into recovery and select second option for clockwork and select partitions menu

3. select format and confirm it for boot, system, data, cache, and sd-ext.

4. go back into main menu and select install zip from sd and install the 1.2.0 release

5. just to be safe, return to main menu and wipe data/factory reset and reboot

6. then boot into recovery one more time, this time no clockwork. select 1 factory reset.

7. after that's said and done, it should take no more than 2-3 mins for boot into home.

There are still some issues tho. Some of the market apps like facebook and gmail installs, but titanium backup installs only after a few tries and it force closes after requesting superuser. Also, I couldn't log into the dell stage facebook widget, it says user/pass wrong but i made sure its typed 100% right.

One more thing, this applies to most people are in the US. Sometimes websites like google.com will redir to google.co.uk and navigation will automatically search for UK addresses instead of US when there isn't a good gps lock. Go into /system/build.prop and edit these lines.

change

ro.product.locale.region=GB
to
ro.product.locale.region=US
another edit is for the date format, changes from date month, year to month date, year (American format)
ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy
to
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy

I hope this helps. Report back if my fix works.

Edited by untrueparadox

Guest simpl3lang
Sorry but what you do is.... read through the 1st page, it's all laid out there. Any problems while doing that I'll try to assist.

Its not as detailed as it should bE for newbies. It doesn't exactly tell u where to put it. But everyone has to read through the pages and tuts to learn about their phone. It helps in the future. reading helped me a lot. I even read through 60 pages long when I started. I kept reading every new pages to be kept updated.

Amss file goes to the folder where your adb.exe is at. Plug streak to computer then run command prompt. Go the directory of your adb.exe on command prompt then type adb shell then execute the commands Stephen Hyde provided on page 118

Edit: I just learned how to use adb an hour ago lol.

Edited by simpl3lang

Its not as detailed as it should bE for newbies. It doesn't exactly tell u where to put it. But everyone has to read through the pages and tuts to learn about their phone. It helps in the future. reading helped me a lot. I even read through 60 pages long when I started. I kept reading every new pages to be kept updated.

Amss file goes to the folder where your adb.exe is at. Plug streak to computer then run command prompt. Go the directory of your adb.exe on command prompt then type adb shell then execute the commands Stephen Hyde provided on page 118

Edit: I just learned how to use adb an hour ago lol.

If you can't use those instructions then you really shouldn't be trying to do this just yet...

Look at the people having issues, you may need a bit more knowledge and experience so that you can try to fix any issues you may have..

I would read some more around the subject, so that you are at the stage where you don't need more basic instructions before thinking of proceeding.

I able to boot up the new rom but was unable to add my google acoount so not contract and can't access the market. It just said

Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server.

I was able to browse the web with my data connection

Guest foxhoundep3

is it just me or the 1.2 is laggy and kinda slow, i use the dell stage launcher, and the orientation takes forever to switch, scrolling moves slow as well.

I able to boot up the new rom but was unable to add my google acoount so not contract and can't access the market. It just said

Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server.

I was able to browse the web with my data connection

Anyone knows what happened? Is there something i did wrong?

Guest Be Vigilant

All my apps updated perfectly from the market. I can also install new apps with no trouble just tried 3 at random. All installed and removed without issue. I am not finding any lag or anything the rom is super smooth and lovely.

Dell Streak (unlocked direct from dell)

Upgraded from V1.1.1 (did a factory reset when upgrading to v1.1.1)

Upgraded to V1.2 without factory reset

Clockwork mod Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1 repack for 2.1 devices

Guest gingernator
is it just me or the 1.2 is laggy and kinda slow, i use the dell stage launcher, and the orientation takes forever to switch, scrolling moves slow as well.

It's not 1.2 that's the problem, any custom launcher is never going to perform as good as ADW or LauncherPro because they receive regular updates and tweaks and not to mention that stage ui is still being worked on.

Guest simpl3lang
If you can't use those instructions then you really shouldn't be trying to do this just yet...

Look at the people having issues, you may need a bit more knowledge and experience so that you can try to fix any issues you may have..

I would read some more around the subject, so that you are at the stage where you don't need more basic instructions before thinking of proceeding.

huh? im not having any problems. i read all 128 pages. i been following the streak development since the 2.1 leaked out. i been tweaking my US streak without any problems. my comment wasnt against anyone. i was merely trying to explain that the instructions on page 1 doesnt really explain the all process for newbies. and that reading is the best way for being future proof.

Guest jamesturley28
huh? im not having any problems. i read all 128 pages. i been following the streak development since the 2.1 leaked out. i been tweaking my US streak without any problems. my comment wasnt against anyone. i was merely trying to explain that the instructions on page 1 doesnt really explain the all process for newbies. and that reading is the best way for being future proof.

+1

After all aint this site a place to help one another out???.

Guest zrospeed

hahaha. fards cracks me up sometimes. personally i admire the guy for all the tweaks and contributions (which is plenty) for the development of the streak. but most times he is impulsive. i think he doesnt read comments thoroughly to understand them enough. he always makes it seem like the world is against him. its amusing at times. but oh well.

steve and fards and contributors a big THAAAAANK YOOOOOU for all the hardwork. i love my streak and its all because of you guys.

Edited by zrospeed

ok, i was able to sync the google account now after i flash the rom again but when i install titanium backup it install successful but sooner after it force close when i try to open it then i rooted my device using androot it says root after a while the superuser app keep force close. Any idea why?

[

quote name='simpl3lang' date='Nov 5 2010, 08:57' post='1464997']