DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Ed Venture
If it helps, I was able to upgrade to the new baseband and then to 1.2.0 without problems. All my old apps and configs were as they were on 1.1.1. I dropped the V.2 framework on (its just easier for me to read), and rebooted. All is well and I can install apps from the market without fail. I just dropped Angry Birds and Pure Messenger back on.

Okay - I may have spoke too soon. I loaded a bunch of apps last night to test and all was well. I woke up this morning and fired up the Dolphin HD browser and it went through it's first time setup again, but once it completed and tried loading a page if FC'd. So - I rebooted and it never came back - just the Dell logo.

I followed Stephens direction and re-flashed 1.1.1, did a Dell factory reset, formatted the listed partitions in Clockwork, re-flashed 1.2.0 and I am stuck at the Dell logo again. I should note, all the partitions formatted with the exception of the Cache - there was an error saying a file existed and could not complete.

I am in the process of installing the SDK so I can fire-up adb.

@graysson

thats changed it to now saying,

*Daemon not running, starting on port 5037

* Daemon started successfully

error:device not found

ive even tried adb start-server after killing the process in task manager

im not in fastboot its just sitting at the dell logo

I posted this over at xda as well. Maybe there is something of value in the error messages.

Tried a few different things on the app problem for 1.2 but this is the error which comes up. Tried going back to 1.1.1 and wiping/factory reset as suggested but no luck yet.

E/PackageManager( 201): Package net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardpro has mismatched uid

: 10060 on disk, 10061 in settings

D/PackageManager( 201): Caching shared lib lib/armeabi/libjni_smartkbd.so

W/PackageManager( 201): Failed to cache package shared libs

W/PackageManager( 201): java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

W/PackageManager( 201): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/net.cdeguet.

smartkeyboardpro-1.apk

E/SamplingProfilerIntegration( 536): Could not open /sdcard/snapshots/com.andro

id.vending-1288958527690.snapshot.

D/vending ( 536): [21] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 7276234140574308140

/ INSTALL_FAILED

D/vending ( 536): [21] VendingNotificationManager.showNotification(): Showing n

otification: [AssetID=7276234140574308140, NotificationID=492011248, Title=Smart

Keyboard PRO, Message=Installation unsuccessful.]

I/vending ( 536): [21] AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver$M yPacka

geInstallObserver.packageInstalled(): Package install from content://downloads/d

ownload/8 failed: Insufficient storage available.

Guest Graysson

Adb kill-server is enough.

You dont have to kill the process.

If the server isnt running any command will restart it.

In what state is your phone?

Adb doesnt work if you are in fastboot mode or shortly after you started the phone.

Do you guys know how to switch the launcher? I tried the dell one but didn't like it. Thanks.

Go to Settings\Applications and select the Dell Launcher and clear the defaults. Then you'll get prompted for which launcher you want to use when you hit the Home button.

Something weird happend...

I can no longer connect to my streak when in Fastboot mode.

I get a "device not found" when I launch the ADB Shell from windows

If I do the same when the Streak is booted, I connect to it no problem...

Could you guys tell me what driver you use in your device manager with WIN 7-64:

- Android adb interface

- Android Bootloader Interface

- Android composite ADB Interface

As far as I remember, I managed to connect ok before so not sure what's causing the problem...

I tried another PC and same issue which make me thing the problem is with the Streak...

Thanks in advance...

SOLVED (Baseband update only) THANKS TO THIS:

QUOTE(sukicat @ Nov 5 2010, 11:48) *

How to for install a NEW BASEBAND rom - :

1. Download the Newbb update.zip and the amss.mbn file first of all - and copy the zip to your sd card

2. Drop your streak into fastboot mode and run the command below to flash the new baseband: more info:-

Easy Guide to installing a New Baseband useing Windows

Go to the C: drive and make a new Folder called Fastboot

go to the folder where you have the Clockwork files and copy (or Drag and drop)

all the files into the new Fastboot Directory then copy the Amss.mbn that you have download into this Directory:

Put your Streak in Fastboot

Press the Start button on your computer and in the Search programs and files box type "cmd"

at the top of the window press on the cmd icon and it should open a Black cmd window

with a flashing prompt type CD\fastboot and then :-

Fastboot-windows -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn (press return)

when that is finished type in the command box

fastboot-windows -i 0x413c reboot

hold down the two volume keys on the Streak and press return on the computer

That will boot into recovery mode and select option 2 that will get you into Clockwork

Select flash zip from sd

choose select zip from sd and find the update-1.2.0-newbb.zip and flash it

choose reboot option and hold both volume keys again

choose factory reset from recovery menu and then wait while device boots - may take upto 10 mins

And the best of luck

Edited by BooToo

Adb kill-server is enough.

You dont have to kill the process.

If the server isnt running any command will restart it.

In what state is your phone?

Adb doesnt work if you are in fastboot mode or shortly after you started the phone.

phone has been sitting at the dell logo this time for about 10-15minutes. did the adb kill server and it then attempts to connect (Daemon connects successfully) so im thinking maybe its the phone not getting far enough to get adb going?

ive tried adb 26 now on win7x64 and a winxpx86

Guest matty.cptk
Something weird happend...

I can no longer connect to my streak when in Fastboot mode.

I get a "device not found" when I launch the ADB Shell from windows

If I do the same when the Streak is booted, I connect to it no problem...

Could you guys tell me what driver you use in your device manager with WIN 7-64:

- Android adb interface

- Android Bootloader Interface

- Android composite ADB Interface

As far as I remember, I managed to connect ok before so not sure what's causing the problem...

I tried another PC and same issue which make me thing the problem is with the Streak...

Thanks in advance...

ADB interface is what i use.

//edit try different ports... sometimes mine malfunction and cause adb to go horribly wrong.

Edited by matty.cptk

Guest Adilson
Go to Settings\Applications and select the Dell Launcher and clear the defaults. Then you'll get prompted for which launcher you want to use when you hit the Home button.

That did the trick, thanks!

//edit try different ports...

Today is the day I learn something new :)

How do you change the default port used by ADB Shell from the DOS prompt?

Do you know where I can see in the phone what ADB port is in use? (Build.prop?)

Paul might have slightly customized this in the 1.0 I currently run :)

Edited by BooToo

Guest matty.cptk
Today is the day I learn something new :)

How do you change the default port used by ADB Sheel from the DOS prompt?

Do you know where I can see in the phone what ADB port is in use? (Build.prop?)

Paul might have slightly customized this in the 1.0 I currently run :)

plug the cable into a different usb :(

sometimes windows 7 will try and install qualcomm drivers but will be unsuccesfull, overwrite these drivers with ADB interface drivers ( choose manually)

Guest petesbodyparts
ok folks for those of you having app problems, try going BACK the 1.1.1 - dont downgrade baseband just flash back in clockwork

wipe totoally using dell factory reset & clockwoerk partitions menu to wipe data/cache/system

then flash 1.2.0 and see if it boots, theirs something not being wiped properly causing this issue as proved by other users who have successfully flashed

Steve, did this and still have issues with apps that wont install (apparently due to a lack of space?) and the occasional app (i.e. Angry Birds) that hangs the Streak when installing. It's 12Mb for Angry Birds

Guest icediced

Awesome update, thanks for getting the wifi tether working!

Didn't really like Dell Stage at first, but it has grown on me - especailly the music widget. Shame the music player is still the default player and not the Dell 1.6 version. Also, the social/Facebook widget feels a bit lacking (do I set up the update interval in the Facebook app itself or does the widget have it's own options which I can't find...?)

There is just one issue I have, and that's the Dell Sync app. It keeps on activating by itself even if I turn it off! Anyone know if it can be turned off permanently? I;d rather sort my media files myself than leave it with the sync program, lol. :)

Guest Delskinz
Hi Stephen, good Job. I had an issue: after update 1.2, the led don't stop flashing every 10 seconds. Please fix that. Thank you.

I get the same issue? Anyone have any suggestions I've tried all the obvious things............

Guest RedSlug
Yes - I've installed 1.2.0 all working fine but the home keys flash every 10 seconds.

Can you confirm you have flashed the new baseband also?

i.e

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

Edited by RedSlug

Thanks steve, its getting better and better! But this build some market issue. I have to download and install twice before the app was able to install and most of them force close once its installed.

Guest timbesouw

Dear all,

I have been following this thread from the first page, and want to say thanks to all the people making the froyo build.

So far I was able to update to any new update Steve posted.

But with this 1.2.0. release I have some issues.

The thing is, I followed the instructions to get the new Baseband. But the update to 1.2.0 didn't work for me. I am stuck at the Dell logo.

No worries, I thought. I'll just go back to 1.1.1.

Got the 1.1.1 up and running again. Only now I cannot seem to connect to my mobile network.

I am a bit of a noob, but I believe it has to do with the Baseband. So can anyone help me to get the "old" baseband back?

Or help me to get the 1.2.0 working (ps. also tried all types of wipes and factory resets as posted before.)

Thanks in advance

Thanks steve, its getting better and better! But this build some market issue. I have to download and install twice before the app was able to install and most of them force close once its installed.

ditto this build seriously needs a market fix !

Guest Stephen Hyde

stop complainging about the damn downloads issue it's something im looking at but cant reproduce as yet - i know the problems their theirs no need to constantly complain about it

Guest matty.cptk
stop complainging about the damn downloads issue it's something im looking at but cant reproduce as yet - i know the problems their theirs no need to constantly complain about it

would a clockwork backup of my current mobile setup help?

Guest parcsalooc

I don't care! YOU NEED TO FIX THIS NOW!! :)

Guest RedSlug
I don't care! YOU NEED TO FIX THIS NOW!! :)

LOL. :)

Is it all all apps, or just paid-for apps that have the problem. I've had no problem at all with downloads.