DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest sukicat

Thanks Navrac you are the only one that gave the instructions for installing the build.prop ..I have been trying to install it all day

and reading your instructions it said Press the mount button !! and it worked ..the only thing I notice that you should rename Build.txt to Build.prop

inside Root Explorer ...Thanks again

Guest banterbay

Pls somebody help here. I have Android 2.2 by Steve (new-update.zip) everything works ok though GPS is slow to get lock but my main problem is the battery issue. A full charge lasts only for 45mins. Please is there any tweak in Build.prop or any configuration that can fix this, is anybody having any suggestion/advice on what the solution might be. On the whole, FroYo on streak is amazing. Thank you Djsteve and everyone who has contributed to this community.!

Guest homeiss
I think Steve has enough on his plate. I think it would be fairer if those of us who have had the benefit of his work put a little bit of work in to help the others, that's why I'm hanging round here trying to answer questions when I can.

The trouble is that its actually a long process - 2.1 to 2.2 means getting the pc to talk to the phone and sorting out the windows drivers, then doing the clockwork install which seems to fail a lot then moving the update to the sd card (including mounting and unmounting the card), then the flashing, then rooting (at least twice) then copying the build.txt and renaming then installing root explorer and mounting things r/w copying and pasting and rebooting etc..

Each of those steps is comprised of at least 5 steps and then there's the troubleshooting....

If I get some free time tomorrow I will start cutting and pasting together a document to start a thread, if everyone else chips in with corrections/extra bits/ suggestions as comments, I will keep editing the original message till its as close to perfect as we can get.

If someone who hasn't got a wife trying to get them to spend their sunday mowing lawns/hedge cutting etc wants to take it on and start it then I won't be hurt :-)

The information is all there on the board, but it is a bit tricky to group it together when you try to do the upgrade.

Hey everyone, I'm working on a complete guide that will walk people through going from AT&T 1.6 all the way to 2.2 and will have everything in between, hopefully downgrading as well. Just hang tight, I will make the post as soon as I can, but it's going to be monstrous.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hey everyone, I'm working on a complete guide that will walk people through going from AT&T 1.6 all the way to 2.2 and will have everything in between, hopefully downgrading as well. Just hang tight, I will make the post as soon as I can, but it's going to be monstrous.

Monsterous im sure ive made worse...

Battery lasts ages here too. Try fully drainin bat Nd leaving tocharge from mains while off until full

Guest Stephen Hyde

Monsterous im sure ive made worse...

Battery lasts ages here too. Try fully drainin bat Nd leaving tocharge from mains while off until full

Guest punkrckriot

Am I the only one who's screen decides to ignore touch input? Ill wake the screen and get the slide to unlock but am unable to unlock because the screen isn't registering touch. Ill hold power to power down and can't touch power off either so its not an issue with the slide to unlock

Guest jamezwarner
Here is my log data on then turning on gps on going to maps then mobile data dies immediately

If you go in and toggle data off on in settings - it comes back and works together...

FIXED IT! - the 3G/GPS Bug!! Read through my log further tonight, looks like it was disconnecting from mobile.o2.co.uk apn and connecting to the pay and go one that appears by default when the gps was being used...

Just had to go in and untick default and supl from the payandgo APN and tick default and supl in the mobile.o2.co.uk APN - now have 3g/wifi/gps all working together :) ;)

Pretty much just the orientation sensor bug left!

James

Edited by jamezwarner

Guest radddogg
Its at Beta stage hence the name BETA.........works great for me very stable , battery might be a bit quicker but not much else i can fault
No a beta is something which is finished and just requires end user testing. This is still a work in progress, i.e. released with known issues that will be fixed as time goes on. Think of this release as the android equivalent of Modern Warfare 2 lol

Guest radddogg
Actually 90% of what is needed is in

this file

just needs to be in a different order. It covers most of the stuff that people need. If the owner of the pdf file doesn't mind I could use that as a starting point.

Yeah go for it, I've not updated that for a while anyway.

Am I the only one who's screen decides to ignore touch input? Ill wake the screen and get the slide to unlock but am unable to unlock because the screen isn't registering touch. Ill hold power to power down and can't touch power off either so its not an issue with the slide to unlock

Had a similar problem with unresponsive screen input. This would usually start after a few minutes of trying to input text to update apps etc. Might have been due to corrupted build.prop (on my part) but not sure yet. Stopped updating the build.prop after upgrade and no more problems. Still not sure what the issue was.

Guest johnnobts

just to be clear, is there a build i'm unaware of or some fix for the wifi on/data shuts off glitch? i'd love to not have to reboot my phone.... also, is there a gps fix for the baseband flashed build, or do i need to switch over to the other one?

Guest johnnobts

just to be clear, is there a build i'm unaware of or some fix for the wifi on/data shuts off glitch? i'd love to not have to reboot my phone.... also, is there a gps fix for the baseband flashed build, or do i need to switch over to the other one?

Steve, Did you manage to look at SSL issue as i still cant sync with Exchange on Stock email or Touchdown, 2 people have confirmed theirs is working with Touchdown but mine isn't and this is the deal breaker for staying with Froyo or i have to go back to 2.1, Many Thanks

Guest spacecat46
No a beta is something which is finished and just requires end user testing. This is still a work in progress, i.e. released with known issues that will be fixed as time goes on. Think of this release as the android equivalent of Modern Warfare 2 lol

No such thing as finished in the I T world is there really ? what with constant patches and such like, but what I and many others have found is that this release is good enough and stable enough for daily use, though no doubt the dev will improve on it even further. The point being the pluses out weigh the negatives to the point where where you can live with them

Edited by spacecat46

Guest johnnobts

Guest simpl3lang

ok. i did and plunged into the 2.2 craze. from att 1.6 to 2.2 froyo by steve by doing the fastboot method for img files. and i updated the qualcomm baseband. and installed the build.prop.

thanks steve......excellent job. love the speed boost.

here are the problems im experiencing.

1. im always getting this force close: "the application package checker (process com.oem.pakagechecker) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" .....EDIT: FIXED - did not read the updated how to....cause i was not on 2.1. so i totally skipped that part. must delete PACKAGE CHECKER APK. apologies.

2. i dont have full access to market. cant see google voice, adw.launcher, ultrakeyboard, and maybe more idk.

3. battery drain. had 90% when i left the house 5:20pm. 830pm now, battery down to 35%. might try draining it completely before recharging it.

4. MY LOCATION in maps will not work with only USE GPS SATELLITES checked. but when you check USE WIRELESS NETWORKS at the same time, it works. can pinpoint my location.

5. ultrakeyboard does not work, fc.

my questions:

1. can i redo the fastboot process to reinstall 2.2? i want a clean state, may have messed it up when i used mybackupro to restore my previous apps. it did it successfuly, but i did not see any apps installed.

2. does the build.prop i downloaded have full market access or do i have to edit it for full market access?

3. i want themes, how to install themes?

thanks in advance for everyones input.

note: i tried keeping up since day one of release but i havent jump to 2.2 until now. now theres 20 pages of stuff to read. i read the same problems before. im sorry if im asking for the same things.

Edited by simpl3lang

Guest undrwater

I'm experiencing some of the bugs others have noted. My input:

GPS: I think GPS is actually not working. Cell tower and wifi triangulation works, but I was "in nature" today no within reach of either cell or wifi, and could not get a position.

Touch Screen: I'm also finding this on wake up. I've discovered that if you do a multi-touch on the screen, things seem to wake up. Then you can unlock.

I'm going to revert to the original build.prop to see if that clears this issue and post back.

Guest undrwater

Went through homeiss' walkthrough last night and realized success. Look forward to downgrading instructions too! :)