DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest gypsydigi
Some people are having problems with androot not working, in which case you can use androot by putting the build.prop in the same directory as adb and doing the following...

adb remount

adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

MY BAD!

I checked the timestamp and it looks like it couldn't overwrite it for some reason. I renamed the original build.prop file to build_old.prop then pasted in the new build.prop and rebooted the phone. Viola! it works! i am extremely happy with this beta build. Thanks for all the help guys!

The zip update has the baseband included, i think the gps problem was because there are no APN details for the maps to download.. put in your APN connection details and it should work.

If I successfully updated my AT&T streak from 1.6 to 2.2 with yesterday's build, is there any reason to "flash the baseband"? (I'm not even really sure what that means)

Also, it looks like there's a build with a GPS fix today. I imagine it's safe to update from 2.2 to these newer 2.2's, or should you revert to 2.1 each time?

Thanks!

My phone is working bug free as far as i can tell now, only thing I can tell is some apps like gvoice are not found in the market, but everything else I use on a day to day basis like the camera and gps are working soundly. Even gps/wifi/3g all at the same time. Loving me some froyo.

Guest punkrckriot

@phjnky -

did you happen to notice a difference in the screen response after reverting back to the original build.prop? i havent gotten around to it yet and im just curious if it fixed it for you or not

@phjnky -

did you happen to notice a difference in the screen response after reverting back to the original build.prop? i havent gotten around to it yet and im just curious if it fixed it for you or not

Nice quote well what i did was put the build.prop in and then changed the LCD=160 instead of 120 value i still have camera working and better battrey life and no majour bugs to report.

Nice quote well what i did was put the build.prop in and then changed the LCD=160 instead of 120 value i still have camera working and better battrey life and no majour bugs to report.

Same here. Put the latest build.prop in with the density set to 160 and all is well, camera etc... I'm still not sure if the screen response problem was related to the build.prop file being corrupted or something else. Around the same time, I think I did a factory reset so it's hard to know what cleared the screen not responding to input.

How's everyone's battery life so far? Mine never has lasted very long....I use it too much. If I could make it to the end of the day then that was unusual...

Guest Shauneh
Streak user smoku has made a lot of progress porting the kernel 2.36.5 for the streak:

http://gitorious.org/streak/kernel/commits/2.6.35-wip

Will this be incorporated in the froyo build or it this not feasable yet?

Smoku is not working on this for a froyo release.

It is for a linux kernal so that people may run full distro's of linux.

I am really excited for this project and Smoku is a good little worker just like Steven :)

--

Shauneh

Guest mmmputch
Smoku is not working on this for a froyo release.

It is for a linux kernal so that people may run full distro's of linux.

I am really excited for this project and Smoku is a good little worker just like Steven :)

--

Shauneh

Oh, I understand now. I thought they were working on the same thing, but haven't joined forces yet. They are both doing great things for the streak. For a while there I thought the streak was not going to have any community development, but now stuff is happening really fast. Keep up the great work guys!

Guest Shauneh
Oh, I understand now. I thought they were working on the same thing, but haven't joined forces yet. They are both doing great things for the streak. For a while there I thought the streak was not going to have any community development, but now stuff is happening really fast. Keep up the great work guys!

Well smoku had no interest in Froyo from what I read, so he had no interest in being on the dev team.

But cant wait for ubuntu streak :) hahaha.

--

Shauneh

Guest punkrckriot

lol yeah i didnt want to search for his post i was being lazy, my bad.

Same here. Put the latest build.prop in with the density set to 160 and all is well, camera etc... I'm still not sure if the screen response problem was related to the build.prop file being corrupted or something else. Around the same time, I think I did a factory reset so it's hard to know what cleared the screen not responding to input.

i just formatted and wiped everything that clockworkmod recovery gave me the options to and re flashed via fastboot. havent used the new build.prop file yet because i want to see if its going to freeze the screen on me with the original. if it does i'll update to the new build.prop and edit the lcd density and see if that helps. its odd its only happening to so few people. and from the sound of it it seems im getting the worst of it

But cant wait for ubuntu streak :) hahaha.

Well with 10.10 just released and better utilising multi-touch "out of the box" maybe we could be in for some good times!

-Jimi

Guest popetodd

About my battery report:

I have run it to shutdown then recharged with an extra 3 hours at full charge on the charger to give a chance to normalize charge level detection.

That helped a little, what really brought it back to 2.1 spec was running setup on Juice Defender ( I had just restored it from Titanium, I neglected to run setup again).

I now have it giving me the same 2-3% per hour when sitting there that I had on 2.1.

Everything seems to be at a point that I can live with any small annoyances I uncover from here on out, I'll post if a new one pops up.

Oh yes, one more thing, bravo Mr Hyde! You've mad skills.

Edited by popetodd

Guest parks387

has anyone noticed that swiping from right to left on the phone/browser/grid icon makes it disappear? how do you get it back without having to reboot?

Guest punkrckriot

i notice everyone talking about battery life and i try to gauge how well my battery is holding up. but im always happy to get 6 hours out of my device because im on it constantly. i have a very laid back job so im always playing games on it or surfing the web. constant texting (about 7000 a month) and when im in my car im streaming music/taking calls via bluetooth to my head unit. so if 6 hours is good from constant use and using it in pretty much all ways possible then id say im happy with the battery life lol

edit: also i often bring my laptop to work and use wifi tethering. havent tried it with 2.2 yet but i always used barnacle before

Edited by punkrckriot

Guest sukicat

Has reported on another site if you install Fring the Front Camera works OK in Fring that is

and the program seems to be OK with 2.2

Edited by sukicat

Guest punkrckriot
My Streak won't boot with clockwork recovery mode, followed instructions but to no avail!

Can anyone help?

are you just getting the black screen?