DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Cue_32

Hey Stephen, first of all GOOD WORK!! 2 questions..

Is the MD5 updated for the System.img file?

Do I need to be rooted on 2.1 and using a custom recovery?

Has anyone tried this on Beta AT&T Device?

Guest spiderboyy

Thank you so much for all the hard work. I'm gonna wait for a flashable zip because im terrified of borking my Streak, already did that once -__-

Guest untrueparadox

works amazing, flash is awesome!

possible improvements:

device name shows up in add/remove hardware as <null> <null>

facebook account sync doesnt work

no config options in the adw launcher

option for stock 2.2 launcher?

get rid of copilot and swype (they dont work for me)

rid the other apks like radio, etc. (they do work though)

crashed or froze 3 times when restoring from titanium backup, not sure why.

im on an at&t engineering device (pre beta) updated to 21 baseband.

Edited by untrueparadox

Guest banterbay

Thank you very much Mr. Hyde for this great job you have done for this community. Froyo is the best thing that happened to Streak. Nothing compared to it. It works fine on my Streak, 3G, BT, Wifi, GPS, all working fine. I have installed Flash 10.1 Now and watching videos on BBC news website. Presently I have 106 apps on streak including NFS Speed and Google Earth but the beast is still snappy and cool. No lagging.

Surely my donations on the way. Good luck!

Guest foxfire235

Woohoo! Works great on my Beta Dell Streak on ATT! Thanks a ton, and donation sent! What's the status of the front camera? Couldn't get mine to work in the camera app.

Guest punkrckriot

Good work, flashed without any issues.

Bugs i have noticed that have not been mentioned (may be only happening for me)

- Holding down the power button and choosing power off freezes the phone and requires a battery removal to reboot.

- touch input does not work sometimes at unlock screen. need to sleep/unsleep the screen a few times before it will register any touches

Other than that it works great

bluetooth, gps, wifi, calls, sms, mms, its all functioning and amazingly for a beta

Guest mzsigler

Still downloading, so if this is dumbass question, I apologize, but will the streakflash thing work on a Mac? Haven't downloaded it yet to see if it's an exe or a script or what, on terrible wifi right now.

Guest Cue_32

wooohooooo

Thanks...running Froyo.

Windows7 users you can use the driver provided when selecting driver 'choose from list' and use 2nd Qualcomm option and look for the diagnostic 9002. If not there, run the .exe from the correct driver folder then try again. You'll have to click allow a few times but works like a charm.

Guest Cue_32
wooohooooo

Thanks...running Froyo.

Windows7 users you can use the driver provided when selecting driver 'choose from list' and use 2nd Qualcomm option and look for the diagnostic 9002. If not there, run the .exe from the correct driver folder then try again. You'll have to click allow a few times but works like a charm.

Btw, works fine on Beta At&t unit. :)

Unpack test 30+ as opposed to 5s on 2.1 ;)

Edited by Cue_32

Guest untrueparadox
Great work.

Does syncing with desktop (Outlook) work? Are Teleca parts included?

you can set outlook to sync with the google servers and sync the streak to google.

Guest jamezwarner

Now working great!! Totally usable, brilliant work!

Bug List so far:

Copilot cannot be removed

Power Off seems to work - but phone will not power back on

Portable Hotspot shows error when enabling

Live wallpapers do not seem to work

No facebook sync

Game performance is poor - akin to 1.6 or leaked 2.1 builds

Bad graphic corruption a few seconds into some games (skies of glory for example)

After some use the auto orient seems to fail, leaving it stuck in portrait

Edited by jamezwarner

Guest spences10
If anyone is having major problems with the QDLTool (I certainly did) I have written up a verbose guide here and noted a few pitfalls that I had. Hope this helps!

Top job with the guide Dunhamzzz there are the two other files M8650BAUSB1AM5035SIGN.ver NPRG8650.hex which I put in the streakflash/images folder which may be needed I am on XP so cant really comment on Vista, once I did manage to get the drivers installed the .exe ran first time

it works!!!

seems rooted already, didn't need to use androot, using mybackup pro to reinstall apps.

sweet!

I thought it was pre rooted when I installed myBackup Pro and was informed by the app that my device had root but wasnt prompted to give access via SuperUser then myBackup didnt restore my apps :) so I installed UniversalAndroot rooted [had to run it twice] then myBackup worked fine

Still downloading, so if this is dumbass question, I apologize, but will the streakflash thing work on a Mac? Haven't downloaded it yet to see if it's an exe or a script or what, on terrible wifi right now.

No streakflash is an .exe file, if you have windows intalled on your mac with dual boot then yes. Otherwise no ;)

Guest mzsigler
Top job with the guide Dunhamzzz there are the two other files M8650BAUSB1AM5035SIGN.ver NPRG8650.hex which I put in the streakflash/images folder which may be needed I am on XP so cant really comment on Vista, once I did manage to get the drivers installed the .exe ran first time

I thought it was pre rooted when I installed myBackup Pro and was informed by the app that my device had root but wasnt prompted to give access via SuperUser then myBackup didnt restore my apps ;) so I installed UniversalAndroot rooted [had to run it twice] then myBackup worked fine

No streakflash is an .exe file, if you have windows intalled on your mac with dual boot then yes. Otherwise no :(

There has to be a radio.img file somewhere in there if we extract it, no? Seems it would be a lot easier to pull just that image and flash it in fastboot.

Again, I'm charging my ancient windows computer, I'm just looking at the contents on a mac, so don't lynch me for questions if the answer is obvious when running the exe in windows :)

Guest spences10
There has to be a radio.img file somewhere in there if we extract it, no? Seems it would be a lot easier to pull just that image and flash it in fastboot.

Again, I'm charging my ancient windows computer, I'm just looking at the contents on a mac, so don't lynch me for questions if the answer is obvious when running the exe in windows :)

Just meant to say if you have Windows installed on your Mac then you will be able to run it http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/guide/windows *calm down dear*

Edited by spences10

Guest jutley
unless you know of a way to get fastboot to flash amss files :) will be looking further at update zips to work out how to do it

Ask paul he mght able to help you do a update.pkg and or a cook ur own rom.

Guest mzsigler
Just meant to say if you have Windows installed on your Mac then you will be able to run it http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/guide/windows *calm down dear*

Hahaha, I know man, just running other stuff right now and haven't had a chance to boot into windows partition. I was just including the disclaimer because I still feel like an android noob, lol.

Guest irenic
Now working great!! Totally usable, brilliant work!

Bug List so far:

Copilot cannot be removed

Power Off seems to work - but phone will not power back on

Portable Hotspot shows error when enabling

Live wallpapers do not seem to work

No facebook sync

Game performance is poor - akin to 1.6 or leaked 2.1 builds

Bad graphic corruption a few seconds into some games (skies of glory for example)

After some use the auto orient seems to fail, leaving it stuck in portrait

err if the power on is not working, then how we gonna use our phone?