DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest parks387
My Streak won't boot with clockwork recovery mode, followed instructions but to no avail!

Can anyone help?

1. dl and move Update.zip file to sd card

2. download r1-4399 recovery and use fastboot to flash that.

3. download 2.5.0.1 streak-clockwork mod and use fastboot to flash that.

4. boot into recovery and select option 2. find update from update.zip file.

5. enjoy your fast 2.2 froyo!

excuse my bad english but I can help whose have a GPS problem.

to fix it replace in build.prop file the line

ro.build.CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G=1

and put this one

ro.build.CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G=1

So no more problem with GPS connection, it always works :-)

Whats the best way to put flash on dell through android market or is there a better vershion cause i am trying to watch catchup tv on my dell but the flash from market runs abit slow any ideas anyone to make it smoother faster or should i have downloaded flash from somewhete else?

Guest banterbay

and put this one

Thanks. It works fine. Lot quicker to get lock

Guest sukicat
Whats the best way to put flash on dell through android market or is there a better vershion cause i am trying to watch catchup tv on my dell but the flash from market runs abit slow any ideas anyone to make it smoother faster or should i have downloaded flash from somewhete else?

Hi ..I just download Adobe 10.1 from the market and BBC IPlayer runs perfectly

Guest JackDupp

and put this one

Didn't work for me :/

Guest jsm7483
has anyone noticed that swiping from right to left on the phone/browser/grid icon makes it disappear? how do you get it back without having to reboot?

Scroll all the way to the left most screen. Then swipe from the right side of the screen to the left in the approximate area where the dock was. It should reappear. I tried this and found out it disappears like you said. Spent a little time trying to figure out what to do.

Guest simpl3lang
Scroll all the way to the left most screen. Then swipe from the right side of the screen to the left in the approximate area where the dock was. It should reappear. I tried this and found out it disappears like you said. Spent a little time trying to figure out what to do.

or you can click the menu button (middle capacitive button) while on the homescreen to full out pop out menu and click adwsettings. from there change whatever you can. look around the adwsetting. theres a lot of stuff u can do to adw launcher

Edited by simpl3lang

Guest yosemite-sam

im using launcher pro i prefer it to adw, ps if you havent already done so install `chrome to phone` from the market and install the extension for google chrome here

are we keeping the lcd density at 140?

Guest jnovello
Hi ..I just download Adobe 10.1 from the market and BBC IPlayer runs perfectly

I guess because it's not officially announced for the Streak Flash 10.1 doesn't work so well. It doesn't run on many sites for me at all. Actually, most sites are using the video player to run the flash, which isn't right. If it doesn't open right on that page, then that is not supported. It keeps telling me to get Flash 9 or later. Very annoying.

Guest yosemite-sam
I guess because it's not officially announced for the Streak Flash 10.1 doesn't work so well. It doesn't run on many sites for me at all. Actually, most sites are using the video player to run the flash, which isn't right. If it doesn't open right on that page, then that is not supported. It keeps telling me to get Flash 9 or later. Very annoying.

i got my flash from the sky news website, i tapped a video link and it said i needed flash then it downloaded and installed it for me. which sites havent worked for you? ive only tried sky, bbc and some newspaper sites. i had to install chrome to phone to make checking sites out easier i may as well test more flash sites out too. that works well for maps too!

Edited by yosemite-sam

Guest cowballz

I have my lcd dencity on 240 thats what my samsung galaxy s has, and everythng looks alot better, plus most apps, widgets are made to run at that dpi i believe? Why have such a big screen if everythibg on it is so small? Plus the streak has the same 400x800 resolution as sgs.

Just took the plunge, so far my only issues are:

-Orientation sticks sometimes. Still a known issue from what I have read.

-Live wallpapers occasionally freeze? Haven't read anything about this, but occasionally my live wallpapers will freeze up, displaying a static image of the last thing they showed. It stays at the same place too, and doesn't move with changing homescreens. Reloading the wallpaper fixes it. (edit--it looks like this happens when I quit out of an application, still haven't been able to reproduce it on demand yet though)

-Certain menus actions such as swiping in the app drawer or choosing a widget are slow and choppy. Not as bad as the un-edited 81xx build, but it does make using the app drawer a bit of a pain. Haven't read about this one either. Anyone having similar issues?

-edit2 Also getting camera video quality issues. If I change the quality to 'custom' as was suggested earlier, I get a force close when I try to record. Changing the the quality away from 720 works, but its not 720 then :)

Edited by gilrad

Guest lbj23numb1

and put this one

I did that and rebooted and I don't think my GPS is working right....it finds my position but its pretty off like my phone is on edge even when I'm on 3g is this susposed to happen or is it susposed to be on point like 1.6 and 2.1

Guest jnovello
i got my flash from the sky news website, i tapped a video link and it said i needed flash then it downloaded and installed it for me. which sites havent worked for you? ive only tried sky, bbc and some newspaper sites. i had to install chrome to phone to make checking sites out easier i may as well test more flash sites out too. that works well for maps too!

I guess this thing is just quirky. CNN doesn't work for me. It just says to download Flash, but it brings up the link for a mac os. I had been trying to get MTV.com, because the site is full of flash content. I spent 15 mins trying to get it to load full web and not mobile....no luck. Now I just picked it up and it went right to it and I can watch full episodes perfectly. I don't know....

hm i wonder why i couldnt put as many icons as i could with donuts and mcr r2?

in landscape, every line i can have only 4 icons, which has large gap between them.

if i put a widget, for eg engadget widget, which is kinda small at the middle of the screen, both sides of the widget is unusable..

Guest cowballz
the pixel density set to 240? really? i thought the streak could only do 160. whats the difference if i put 240 or 160? any screenshots?

u could put any number u like, 240 is what most phone have with a 480x800 resolution and most apps are built with in mind, like facebook for example, at 160 theres a ton of empty space , all wallpapers fit perfectly on that dpi aswell ,

check out this link , prof that 240 make this 5 incher look more beautiful, and your apps will love it to

http://blog.alsutton.com/2010/07/03/androi...and-mdpi-large/