DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest thehodapp

Interesting..I had used the free android terminal emulator to move my build.prop file to /system from /sdcard. However now that I'm wanting to edit it and change the lcd density from 140 to 240. I have tried cp -l build.prop ../../system/ as root and it outputs:

cp: can't create '../../system/build.prop': File exists
also tried cat build.prop > ../../system/build.prop and got
cannot create ../../system/build.prop: read-only file system

any suggestions?

Guest spacecat46
Interesting..I had used the free android terminal emulator to move my build.prop file to /system from /sdcard. However now that I'm wanting to edit it and change the lcd density from 140 to 240. I have tried cp -l build.prop ../../system/ as root and it outputs:

cp: can't create '../../system/build.prop': File exists
also tried cat build.prop > ../../system/build.prop and got
cannot create ../../system/build.prop: read-only file system

any suggestions?

Root explorer

Guest Mirrdhyn

In the other thread I say that you can remount your filesystem in read/write mode with a terminal.

You don't need to buy an app to do that

When your Streak is rooted, from the market, install a free terminal.

Then. Launch it and :

$ su

Click to Allow root for this app.

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

At this point you can change your build.prop or another files you want.

Now, if you want to go back in read only (with su) :

# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

I did that and rebooted and I don't think my GPS is working right....it finds my position but its pretty off like my phone is on edge even when I'm on 3g is this susposed to happen or is it susposed to be on point like 1.6 and 2.1

This has no effect on my phone. It always displays the letter H (equivalent of 3G+).

With version 1.6, the status bar only displays the letter E or G

When i installed version 2.1, the letter H appeared

and for information, this instruction "ro.build.CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G=1" is extracted from build.prop file of Android 2.1.

Curiously all my french friends are satisfied by this solution. :)

I thought it would be the same here... :|

Edited by Jcc13

Guest flamingsamurai

The camera in the update-new.zip build records in 3gpp despite being set to 720p and any of the formats.

Else the build is pretty rock solid for me.

Guest thehodapp

Slightly off topic but I was wondering, how does the

command work? I realize it's remounting with new permissions, but what does the -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock6 part do?

The camera in the update-new.zip build records in 3gpp despite being set to 720p and any of the formats.

Else the build is pretty rock solid for me.

Mine too, when i choose custom and try to press the record button it immediately force close then the camera will not work unless i reboot again, other then that this build is like you said rock soild. Just need a little bug fix and its complete....

Should we have a thread about the bug we encounter and the known solution? I know there is already a guide for upgrade.

Guest Stephen Hyde

Could people please open a topic over at streakdroid.com or the streakdroid forum of mydellmini(same forum) for bugs please...try to include logs too getting messy in here

Guest simpl3lang
Could people please open a topic over at streakdroid.com or the streakdroid forum of mydellmini(same forum) for bugs please...try to include logs too getting messy in here

I know there is one already at streakdroid. I posted issues there.

Edit: here it is

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/streakdroi...html#post171925

Edited by simpl3lang

Guest Mirrdhyn
Slightly off topic but I was wondering, how does the

command work? I realize it's remounting with new permissions, but what does the -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock6 part do?

It is a Linux command and if you type "man mount" on Google, you find this information.

But, for you, :

-t yaffs2 => is the type of the filesysteme, here the filesysteme is yaffs2 and not ext3 :)

/dev/block/mtdblock6 => is the filedescriptor where the system is in use to read and write your build.prop file.

And to finish, /system => is the mount point where you want to mount this filedescriptor.

Guest Stephen Hyde
I use to able to connect to wifi at work but not any more with this rom home network works fine any ideas i have changed amount of channels but no go4

Wpa2 maybe?

some more digging:

it appears there's a bug in froyo that gives a lot of devices the emulator android_id

this value is read by a lot of protected apps as the devicesid the emulator one is blocked by market so you don't get the protected apps.

after a firstboot / fatory reset it should generate a new value (a random 16character 64bit hex value) based on the same value that the device gets when you sign in to a google account for the first time.

however I have changed the android_id in data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database/setting.db

but it doesnt seem to make a difference, I wonder if I need to cear the dalvik, I have cleared market data

Edited by fards

Guest spences10
OK the reason marketplace doesn't work properly is because ro.serialno isn't set

(Try getprop to demonstrate it)

Serial no should be your android_id which is set when you set up a Google account, it is a random 64 bit hex number so can be Anything. ..

How to set it is here

http://strazzere.com/blog/?tag=android_id

some more digging:

it appears there's a bug in froyo that gives a lot of devices the emulator android_id

this value is read by a lot of protected apps as the devicesid the emulator one is blocked by market so you don't get the protected apps.

after a firstboot / fatory reset it should generate a new value (a random 16character 64bit hex value) based on the same value that the device gets when you sign in to a google account for the first time.

however I have changed the android_id in data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database/setting.db

but it doesnt seem to make a difference, I wonder if I need to cear the dalvik, I have cleared market data

Once again fards finds a way \o/

Even if it is early days yet, looks like a market fix is on the way \o/

Edited by spences10

Guest Mirrdhyn

@Stephen Hyde :

From Twitter, You need the ro.serialno.

But on my 2.1 8015, I have not this parameter in my build.prop and I have the Google Market.

Do you need another parameters to check that ?