DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Shauneh
Yes does it not work steve i am forced to use 3g instead of wifi and we all knoe how hungry 3g is on battrey over wifi

Try forcing the IP to a static one, worked for me, the problem seems to be an enormous device name that seems to screw with routers.

--

Shauneh

Guest HoTdiGiTi

Just recorded video in 720p but details later show 3gpp, which people already realised. But what else i figured out, other video files i recorded on o2's 2.1 build also show all video's recorded in720p also show 3gpp.

That's interesting because it definitely worked on 1.6. is it possible that O2's update screwed it up?

Just recorded video in 720p but details later show 3gpp, which people already realised. But what else i figured out, other video files i recorded on o2's 2.1 build also show all video's recorded in720p also show 3gpp.

Guest flamingsamurai

My vids from 2.1 are .mp4

Guest HoTdiGiTi

Confusing! All my videos are in 3gpp except youtube rips which are mp4. Ive tried every combination and all show 3gpp but crashes and FC on custom. I never checked the details before 2.2, is other ppl getting this or just a few

Afternoon folks,

This is my first posting here and I am still a total n00b when it comes to Android. I've installed 2.2 thanks to all the awesome information that's been posted here so far (my thanks to all of you) and everything more or less works; the only niggle I have is Marketplace. I'm aware that there's an issue with protected applications that's currently being worked on, but I also seem to have access only to those apps developed for the North American market and not Europe. Not once have I seen any paid-for app in the market with a UK '£' value, only '~£', which tells me it's converting the prices from US$.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it related to the known protected application bug?

Thanks guys.

Guest mellytime
Afternoon folks,

This is my first posting here and I am still a total n00b when it comes to Android. I've installed 2.2 thanks to all the awesome information that's been posted here so far (my thanks to all of you) and everything more or less works; the only niggle I have is Marketplace. I'm aware that there's an issue with protected applications that's currently being worked on, but I also seem to have access only to those apps developed for the North American market and not Europe. Not once have I seen any paid-for app in the market with a UK '£' value, only '~£', which tells me it's converting the prices from US$.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it related to the known protected application bug?

Thanks guys.

LET ME START BY SAYING THAT I'M NOT TRYING TO INSULT YOU OR ANYBODY HERE OK... :)

I would like to suggest to Everyone who is "in my opinion" ASKING about this or that, why not just find the APK's for what it is you are missing or just ask around like I have someone will help you or point you in the right direction… Once you get it simply Side load it and then just WAIT for a fix for the Market... This should be a victory of sorts and all I have been seeing is hollow, shallow, pats on the back then the KNIFE appears to slash him in the other side of his back. It's really sad folks this guy has made this device RELVANT when everyone from Apple to ZDnet was writing the it off. And out of 523 and counting replies so to speak most of them are asking him to " add something or fix something or do something more. When is enough- enough!!! I'm just saying. :D Check my "newbie" status I love coming here and all I see are people who don’t read the forms MOST of these type of questions don’t need an answer they just take up space and it kinda sucks. Hey I did not have anything to do with Stephens 2.2 build so why am I defending it? Simple--- AND I QUOTE” HE MADE MY STREAK RELIVANT AGAIN & He didn’t have to do this !!! So, those of you who take offense to this I’m not sorry because it’s not an insult to you, you are probably so excited that you can’t form your words to simply say ----

Thank You - - Stephen….

Hey Good Job Mate :)

:) to :D

Guest tonymenocal

Hey guys!

How is everybodys froyo doing?

From what I've seen on quadrant benchmarks I'm averaging around 800 to 850.. do you guys think this will improve or are we pretty much limited by hardware at this point. Btw I understand that this is a beta but how much potential do you think we will see with this device?

Btw I renamed and moved build prop and noticed no change.

Camera still broken and launcher forgets to re position.

Batter life lasts 4 hours

Anyone getting a cooliris crash??

What directory do we get logs from? Been stable since Friday!

Afternoon folks,

Thanks guys.

Check your location in your build.prop file. It may be set to UK. IF so, change it to U.S. Bunch of threads etc on this.

You can do it the easy way and install root explorer and then edit the build.prop in /system. Reboot when complete. May need to search.

To all: Froyo working super here. Donation sent. Set density to 240 and wow this changes everything for my older eyes and big thumbs. Might bump it back down a bit. Thanks all!

Check your location in your build.prop file. It may be set to UK. IF so, change it to U.S. Bunch of threads etc on this.

You can do it the easy way and install root explorer and then edit the build.prop in /system. Reboot when complete. May need to search.

To all: Froyo working super here. Donation sent. Set density to 240 and wow this changes everything for my older eyes and big thumbs. Might bump it back down a bit. Thanks all!

Sadly i went back to modoco 2.1 because wpsk2 wifi dont work i rely heavaly for this to work hope to see a fix soon and battrey life was very bad compared to 2.1 so will wait for a great rom to get greater then i will be happier

Guest cowballz

Glad to see someone using 240dpi 0ther than me :) only thing that doesnt fit is the phone, download (dialerone) and replace it with the original and it works perfectly :)

Guest HoTdiGiTi

I think your missing the piont of a forum here bud, not every post is directed to steve. People have posted info for other people to compare and discuss to see whats relevant regardless if there a noob or not. Think you need to chill out and stop telling people what to do

LET ME START BY SAYING THAT I'M NOT TRYING TO INSULT YOU OR ANYBODY HERE OK... :)

I would like to suggest to Everyone who is "in my opinion" ASKING about this or that, why not just find the APK's for what it is you are missing or just ask around like I have someone will help you or point you in the right direction… Once you get it simply Side load it and then just WAIT for a fix for the Market... This should be a victory of sorts and all I have been seeing is hollow, shallow, pats on the back then the KNIFE appears to slash him in the other side of his back. It's really sad folks this guy has made this device RELVANT when everyone from Apple to ZDnet was writing the it off. And out of 523 and counting replies so to speak most of them are asking him to " add something or fix something or do something more. When is enough- enough!!! I'm just saying. :D Check my "newbie" status I love coming here and all I see are people who don’t read the forms MOST of these type of questions don’t need an answer they just take up space and it kinda sucks. Hey I did not have anything to do with Stephens 2.2 build so why am I defending it? Simple--- AND I QUOTE” HE MADE MY STREAK RELIVANT AGAIN & He didn’t have to do this !!! So, those of you who take offense to this I’m not sorry because it’s not an insult to you, you are probably so excited that you can’t form your words to simply say ----

Thank You - - Stephen….

Hey Good Job Mate :)

:) to :D

Sadly i went back to modoco 2.1 because wpsk2 wifi dont work i rely heavaly for this to work hope to see a fix soon and battrey life was very bad compared to 2.1 so will wait for a great rom to get greater then i will be happier

That's a bummer but hopefully a fix will come soon. The wifi problem must be related to the specific wireless router somehow as I'm using the same protocol with my router here and no problems.

Glad to see someone using 240dpi 0ther than me :) only thing that doesnt fit is the phone, download (dialerone) and replace it with the original and it works perfectly :)

Thanks for that tip! Looks perfect now and I like that dialer much better as well.

Guest OrionBG

Don't know what you did wrong but I'm having absolutely the same battery life as with 2.1 and my WiFi works fine with WPA2 protected networks! Both my home and work networks!

Guest RedSlug

jutley, I had the same problem as you. I did a factory reset and now all works perfectly.

I never had the battery problem though.

Edited by RedSlug

Guest popetodd
Don't know what you did wrong but I'm having absolutely the same battery life as with 2.1 and my WiFi works fine with WPA2 protected networks! Both my home and work networks!

+1

I've now better battery life than before. Juice Defender rips on this build.

And WPA2 works fine as well, though hand inputing that hideously long key string was an adventure all in itself...

Guest johnnobts

i instaled froyo using both methods (flashing baseband and new-update) on my ATT Streak. The new-update method is definitely the way to go, as I have fully working GPS and wifi/data working correctly too. Just about bug-free. Excellent work, Stephen.

Guest jagmohan
i instaled froyo using both methods (flashing baseband and new-update) on my ATT Streak. The new-update method is definitely the way to go, as I have fully working GPS and wifi/data working correctly too. Just about bug-free. Excellent work, Stephen.

I am also on ATT. I am missing apps from android market. Can you please see if you can find Barnacle wifi tether or Android wifi tether from your phone? I need to get Wifi Tether working on the streak. I have a old barnacle APK, but that did not work. Also Froyo's built in Terthering is not working.

Thank you Stephen and all others that helped us getting Froyo on Dell streak. I think it is the best thing that happened to Streak.

Edited by jagmohan

Guest popetodd
Can you please see if you can find Barnacle wifi tether or Android wifi tether from your phone? I need to get Wifi Tether working on the streak. I have a old barnacle APK, but that did not work. Also Froyo's built in Terthering is not working.

Go into Menu->Settings->Wireless & Network Settings and look for Tethering & portable hotspot.

Looks like Barnacle is no longer required :)

Guest JaysFreaky
I am also on ATT. I am missing apps from android market. Can you please see if you can find Barnacle wifi tether or Android wifi tether from your phone? I need to get Wifi Tether working on the streak. I have a old barnacle APK, but that did not work. Also Froyo's built in Terthering is not working.

Turn on airplane mode and then turn on your wireless and look in the market for it again. That's how I did it.

Guest Shurafa

When running ClockworkMod Recovery I get the error:

An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!

I am running the UK version of 2.1 on US hardware. Not sure if that caused the issue.

Guest jagmohan
Go into Menu->Settings->Wireless & Network Settings and look for Tethering & portable hotspot.

Looks like Barnacle is no longer required :)

Thanks.

I get error when I turn on "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot". Please see attached Screenshot. Also "Portable Wi-fi hotspot settings" is always disabled.

post-772346-1286818435_thumb.jpg