DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Calin75
Thanks.

I get error when I turn on "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot". Please see attached Screenshot. Also "Portable Wi-fi hotspot settings" is always disabled.

Wifi Tethering (wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk ) worked for me. Barnacle and the built in Froyo hotspot app do not work. Froyo USB tethering works like a champ though.

Guest JaysFreaky
Wifi Tethering (wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk ) worked for me. Barnacle and the built in Froyo hotspot app do not work. Froyo USB tethering works like a champ though.

Barnacle works just fine for me. :)

2. install clockworkMod recovery : linked here

3. place the update-new.zip onto your sd card

4. boot streak into recovery by shutting down and holding vol up and down as you press power

5. select update from .pkg option and wait for Clockwork to load.

6. select flash zip from sd

7. choose select zip from sd and find the update-new.zip and flash it smile.gif

8. reboot and wait a while

I need some help guys =/

on 2. it ask me to install clockwordmod recovery "linked here"? okay I'm assuming thats ROM Manager?

done 3 and 4 but stuck on 5, after I selected update from .pkg option "wait clockwork to load" does that mean the screen im currently on? now it display a screen with

Android system recovery utility - GAUSB1A120321

Press the shutter button to start emergency software recovery

warning: all data will be erased.

press the volume down button to power off without recovering.

That doesnt sounds right to me and i dont think im on clockwork recovery :) coz theres no option to let me pick flash zip (where do u get flash zip?) / update zip.

Edited by kett

Guest digthemlows

Same here........got "unable to load binaries" with Barnacle and the Froyo kept shutting down, never connected............

Guest digthemlows
I need some help guys =/

on 2. it ask me to install clockwordmod recovery "linked here"? okay I'm assuming thats ROM Manager?

done 3 and 4 but stuck on 5, after I selected update from .pkg option "wait clockwork to load" does that mean the screen im currently on? now it display a screen with

Android system recovery utility - GAUSB1A120321

Press the shutter button to start emergency software recovery

warning: all data will be erased.

press the volume down button to power off without recovering.

That doesnt sounds right to me and i dont think im on clockwork recovery :) coz theres no option to let me pick flash zip (where do u get flash zip?) / update zip.

correct, that is not "clockwork recovery" ......... download it here Right Here and follow the instructions............. it's the one called Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1 repack for 2.1 devices ..........

Guest mellytime
I think your missing the piont of a forum here bud, not every post is directed to steve. People have posted info for other people to compare and discuss to see whats relevant regardless if there a noob or not. Think you need to chill out and stop telling people what to do

I am chill Bud!!!! :) I just thought it was funny that's all. You are right as well but like I said it's not an insult to anyone.

still stuck on fastboot lol my cmd said "waiting for device" anyone got any idea? i've enabled USB debugging and checked OS detecting it with no error or pop up say missing driver

Guest jagmohan

wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk worked fine for me. Barnacle does not give any error on streak and says that it is running but other devices don't see the wireless network. Android-wifi-tether (wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk) works perfectly.

Guest mrmrmrmr
OK the reason marketplace doesn't work properly is because ro.serialno isn't set

(Try getprop to demonstrate it)

Serial no should be your android_id which is set when you set up a Google account, it is a random 64 bit hex number so can be Anything. ..

How to set it is here

http://strazzere.com/blog/?tag=android_id

I am stillon UK 2.1 build and when I do "getprop" I get ro.serialno as empty.

I'd like to keep the current serialnofor when I upgrade to Froyo. How can I get it?

I am stillon UK 2.1 build and when I do "getprop" I get ro.serialno as empty.

I'd like to keep the current serialnofor when I upgrade to Froyo. How can I get it?

if its empty its empty

Guest sukicat

Not seen many Posts (if any) on Bluetooth ..I have tried it on a couple of units but although it pairs OK

it will not connect ..is the Bluetooth working OK or are is there a problem with the 2.2 update

Guest johnh123
Not seen many Posts (if any) on Bluetooth ..I have tried it on a couple of units but although it pairs OK

it will not connect ..is the Bluetooth working OK or are is there a problem with the 2.2 update

Bluetooth working fine here. Having a problem downloading previously purchased apps, though.

Guest jagmohan

Bluetooth works fine for me.

When I pull down my notification panel, it doesn't go all the way to the edges of the screen in portrait or landscape mode. Anyone else get that?

Change your lcd density in the build.prop file to 160.

but then I won't be able to see some apps on market ?

and apps that check serial no, won't be working on the new rom ?

if you update to an official froyo build from dell then it'll work fine. but the 2.1 has ro.serialno empty so it's not being used, it must be something else.

We're trying to work out what its using, fingerprint doesnt work, changing android_id doesn't work, but there must be something that google are using to identify roms.