DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest mmmputch

Is anyone else having a problem installing busybox? When I download it from the market and run the installer it just hangs on locating busybox and system settings and doesn't complete the install.

Guest jnovello
Anyone having orientation issues?

Mine always stays on landscape mode.

Mine was stuck in portrait at first, but a couple reboots and it is fine. Boot control widget is a nice little app.

Guest HoTdiGiTi
I guess NO one wants to help me, and No one seems to have this issue, I am stuck on Dell Logo after the Froyo was installed successfully using clockwork recovery.......How Unlucky do I have to be that among hundreds of users I am the only one with this serious Issue, Shame :'(

The only thing i can suggest is to flash the stock recovery, do a factory reset, and flash 2.1 8105 then reflash clockworkmod recovery and flash 2.2 update.zip first boot should take no more than 5 mins. Seems longer cos your waiting. Give that a try thats how i done it and im a noob, had successful installs bout 8 times messing about with baseband method and .zip method. Patience is a virtue....

Guest Us3Less

Guys , i did accidentally bump into a method 2 able to see market full apps again ..... In my country , paid apps is not allowed so what I did was change the operator setting in my hp to US server ( well , that was what i was told in the forum 2 see paid apps in market ) . . . Somehow , after doing it , I manage to view the apps again as certain apps where not found b4 i did the patch eg. root explorer , retro clock , etc . . . .

1) find "Better Terminal Emulator" on market download and install. set root permission "always allowed"

2) Open then type : su

3) type in : setprop gsm.sim.operator.numeric 310260

4) type in : getprop gsm.sim.operator.numeric (to see ist set to 310260 or not.. if 310260 appear then u are done)

5) Go to setting -> application -> manage application -> find market -> clear cache -> force closed -> exit

6) Go to Home -> Menu -> market run it.. then u will see paid app.

*sorry for the poor english*

Edited by Us3Less

Guest stinky817

market all seems to be fine on my AT&T Streak. Just finished installing about 2 hours ago...have been on it constantly, and only used 30% battery. really happy so far, it's SOOOO fast and sooooo smooth :) i LOVE it, and i prefer launcherpro, so i installed that instead of ADW. the only thing that i've noticed that doesn't work, is GPS, i NEVER get a signal... not really that big of an issue because i don't use GPS all that often, but would be nice to have it working...

Edit: oh yeah, and the G sensor is a bit finicky, but that's already known :)

Edit 2: and i have two different APK's for swype, and both of them force closed when i try to enable them.... sucks. guess i'll have to try slideit

Edited by stinky817

Guest thehodapp

I noticed there was no RSS widget as had been included in Dell 2.1 and 1.6 roms. Was that just included by Dell or is this rom missing it for some reason?

Guest vinokirk
Known Issues:

mobile data is turned off by default it can be easily enabled in settings

no apns are included as standard these need adding manually.

Areet Steve! Did yer get rebelsim working with v0.2 in the end hommie?

Guest vinokirk
1) find "Better Terminal Emulator" on market download and install. set root permission "always allowed"

4) type in : getprop gsm.sim.operator.numeric (to see ist set to 310260 or not.. if 310260 appear then u are done)

5) Go to setting -> application -> manage application -> find market -> clear cache -> force closed -> exit

Nope nothing here :)

Guest cowballz
Guys , i did accidentally bump into a method 2 able to see market full apps again ..... In my country , paid apps is not allowed so what I did was change the operator setting in my hp to US server ( well , that was what i was told in the forum 2 see paid apps in market ) . . . Somehow , after doing it , I manage to view the apps again as certain apps where not found b4 i did the patch eg. root explorer , retro clock , etc . . . .

Nope ultra keyboard still missing and others as well

Guest tonemgub1

I just got a Streak and I am testing this ROM. The only issues I see:

- The camcorder is stuck in 3GP mode (known issue)

- I can't find google earth on the market (perhaps related to the market issues people noticed?)

Apart from that, it's f.... great! Donation on it's way, of course :)

Guest JaysFreaky

That's just the terminal version of MarketAccess.apk.

Guest foxfire235

Bah! I tried to upgrade to the new V2.zip after having used the baseband version, and now I'm stuck with a brick. I was able to successfully "upgrade" to the newer version but I was stuck without a working cellular radio. I read inside the thread and saw that I had to downgrade first to 2.1, then upgrade to 2.2. So I flashed back to the factory recovery image, and now all I'm getting is a black screen when I chose option 2 (upgrade package). I've tried two different upgrade.pkg files, and I just reflashed the baseband using the qualcomm tool, but still no luck. All I get is a black screen when I try and upgrade from the factory recovery. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Guest homeiss
Bah! I tried to upgrade to the new V2.zip after having used the baseband version, and now I'm stuck with a brick. I was able to successfully "upgrade" to the newer version but I was stuck without a working cellular radio. I read inside the thread and saw that I had to downgrade first to 2.1, then upgrade to 2.2. So I flashed back to the factory recovery image, and now all I'm getting is a black screen when I chose option 2 (upgrade package). I've tried two different upgrade.pkg files, and I just reflashed the baseband using the qualcomm tool, but still no luck. All I get is a black screen when I try and upgrade from the factory recovery. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Try flashing this recovery file through flashboot: http://hotfile.com/dl/62324940/5dea6fd/recovery.rar.html

Then boot into recovery and flash the 2.1 Update.pkg

Guest flamingsamurai

Thanks!

Also happened to me, I don't know what it was, a bad recovery? Well whatever, this fixed it for me: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1377531

I flashed all the way back to 1.6>2.1>2.2. Yeah forgetting about the baseband is a bitch

Guest homeiss

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but the AppBrain Fast Web Installer now works and you can use it to install the apps that don't show up in the market.

Can anyone help me with my wifi problem I can't seem to pick up my wifi at work tried format reinstall when I go back to Pauls 2.1 Rom it works fine and back to this Rom it don't find the network.can anyone suggest anymore idea to me to try and get my wifi. Working it picks up most networks but not the network I want can't even see it in the list

Edited by jutley

Guest UMAIR239
The only thing i can suggest is to flash the stock recovery, do a factory reset, and flash 2.1 8105 then reflash clockworkmod recovery and flash 2.2 update.zip first boot should take no more than 5 mins. Seems longer cos your waiting. Give that a try thats how i done it and im a noob, had successful installs bout 8 times messing about with baseband method and .zip method. Patience is a virtue....

Thank You for suggestion mate, but I am stuck with Clockwork recovery, How can I flash 2.1 when its files are available only in pkg format and every time I click on 'Software Upgrade' it takes me to clockwork recovery which doesn't manage pkg files, it only installs zip files :)

I am Stuck here....Feel like my Streak is Bricked :)

At first clockwork wasn't even mounting my sd card and it took so many attempts to get that part right, now that it finally recognized my sd card and installed successfully, its not booting at ll, it simply stuck at Dell Logoi :)

I think I just ruined my Streak, There is no way out!

Guest spences10
Thank You for suggestion mate, but I am stuck with Clockwork recovery, How can I flash 2.1 when its files are available only in pkg format and every time I click on 'Software Upgrade' it takes me to clockwork recovery which doesn't manage pkg files, it only installs zip files :)

At first clockwork wasn't even mounting my sd card and it took so many attempts to get that part right, now that it finally recognized my sd card and installed successfully, its not booting at ll, it simply stuck at Dell Logoi :)

Really sorry but I dont ahve the recovery.stock.new.img to hand, poseted by marciu on one of the recovery threads, but what i can tell you is that it lets you flash back to stock recovery so you can flash any .pkg file i.e. you can go back to 1.6 if you liked

I used this when I returned my handset for warrenty repair a few months ago.

I can post it for you when I get back from work tonight ~19:00 UK Time, or you could try searching the threads - I'm sure there is more than one reference to it so have a look

Guest PaulVlagsma
If I have already installed Froyo with the original method, is it possible to simply update the new boot.img file from the new image for better battery life? Will that work?

I flashed the boot.img from the update-v2.zip over my 'original' 2.2 flash upgrade with new baseband.

This worked on both my Streaks.

Boots really fast. All is running well - so far.

Also, seems to have fixed the switch to 3G not working when leaving a WiFi area.

Will report tomorrow on battery.

Edited by PaulVlagsma

Guest homeiss

Use this guide to downgrade back to 2.1: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1436097

Edited by homeiss

Guest HoTdiGiTi

You need stock recovery to install .pkg and custom to install .zip ie stock recovery to install 2.1.pkg then clockworkmod recovery to install 2.2.zip

I got all files needed and i handy guide i think from a post of spences somewhere on this site, ill have a dig about and post a link on here

Edit:

Stock recovery.img http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...overy.stock.img

4399 o2 1.6 rom http://www.mediafire.com/?gy1mzzwzmhn

8105 02 2.1 rom http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...ate-8105-21.pkg

clockworkmod recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

2.2v2.zip http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...ing-the-streak/

hopefully this helps, sorry if not ive just done a 12 hr nightshift

All these files were sourced from homeiss excellent guide/walkthru

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...ing-the-streak/

Edited by HoTdiGiTi