DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest UMAIR239
here is the recovery zip that contains recovery.stock.new.img

Thanks for your Help Guys, but I have just given up on my Streak, I cannot make it work, all this is just too complicated and doesn't work at all, May be because I have a different Streak, I have the T-Mobile 3G version AWS dell streak. I have been trying to fix it from the past three days, First, I couldn't download anything from the market and got the msg, "Download Unsuccessful" Not only that my Streak wouldn't even install the files I would download from the internet and will add into my sd card, it will simply say, "Application not Installed" I tried to downgrade with all the instructions and have tried all the darn combination of recovery images and nothing seems to work. I could neither upgrade nor downgrade. Then I decided to upgrade to Froyo but Clockwork recovery wouldn't even recognize my sd card and will say, Can't Mount SD Card, After literally more than 25 attempts it finally picked up my sd card and installed the update-new.zip for Froyo and installation was successful but after it was done, It never booted and kept on Getting Stuck on "Dell Logo"

I am not talking about Dell Logo after updating to 2.1, this is Froyo that I installed and still I am stuck on Dell Logo. I don't want to call Dell for anything since my Streak is the T-Mobile 3G version and if I sent it to them, I know I will not get the same version of it back. I have been very disappointed from the past 3-days and have Finally given up. I have no other phone to use right now and am very very upset. All of you are trying to help me out but trust me i have literally tried all the forums, threads, guides and combinations but NOTHING Worked for me. I will Never Use my Streak Again. I am done with this Damn thing.

Its Unfixable and I am pretty Sure I will Never have my Streak Working Again. Thanks for the Help guys

Guest miker71
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but the AppBrain Fast Web Installer now works and you can use it to install the apps that don't show up in the market.

Web Installer functioned for me, but still comes up with "not found" for eg Lithium Player and Ultra Keyboard - and were not installed.

Guest HoTdiGiTi
Thanks for your Help Guys, but I have just given up on my Streak, I cannot make it work, all this is just too complicated and doesn't work at all, May be because I have a different Streak, I have the T-Mobile 3G version AWS dell streak. I have been trying to fix it from the past three days, First, I couldn't download anything from the market and got the msg, "Download Unsuccessful" Not only that my Streak wouldn't even install the files I would download from the internet and will add into my sd card, it will simply say, "Application not Installed" I tried to downgrade with all the instructions and have tried all the darn combination of recovery images and nothing seems to work. I could neither upgrade nor downgrade. Then I decided to upgrade to Froyo but Clockwork recovery wouldn't even recognize my sd card and will say, Can't Mount SD Card, After literally more than 25 attempts it finally picked up my sd card and installed the update-new.zip for Froyo and installation was successful but after it was done, It never booted and kept on Getting Stuck on "Dell Logo"

I am not talking about Dell Logo after updating to 2.1, this is Froyo that I installed and still I am stuck on Dell Logo. I don't want to call Dell for anything since my Streak is the T-Mobile 3G version and if I sent it to them, I know I will not get the same version of it back. I have been very disappointed from the past 3-days and have Finally given up. I have no other phone to use right now and am very very upset. All of you are trying to help me out but trust me i have literally tried all the forums, threads, guides and combinations but NOTHING Worked for me. I will Never Use my Streak Again. I am done with this Damn thing.

Its Unfixable and I am pretty Sure I will Never have my Streak Working Again. Thanks for the Help guys

Theyll be someone who could help u out better. Fards is a wizz and steve himself needs no introduction. Not sure about it being t-mobile tho only got experience with o2 im affraid and very little at that.

Guest vinokirk
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but the AppBrain Fast Web Installer now works and you can use it to install the apps that don't show up in the market.

sTILL NOTHING FOR ME. i CAN SEE THE APPS ON APP BRAIN BUT WHEN I GOI TO DOWNLOAD THE APP, IT JUST REDIRECTS TO MARKET. (apologies for caps).

What is the actual point in App Brain? You go thru a right malarky to find and install apps, only to have it redirect to the Market to d/l. Why not just download from the Market? Is there another point to it??

Edited by vinokirk

Guest yosemite-sam

to UMAIR239: i wouldnt give up just yet mate, as said theres clever folk here that know alot more than us. is the error mounting the sd card still happening? all i remember is theres an option to mount the sd card under the partitions menu in the clockwork reovery menu. getting back to a working 1.6 is still possible i reckon. if you can copy an update.zip to the root of your sd card using a card reader hopefully by manually mountng the sd card you can re flash.

Edited by yosemite-sam

2. install clockworkMod recovery : http://android.modaco.com/content/de...boot-recovery/ - the koush's recovery option

The guide posted on there isn't exactly the most simple, i easily got into fastboot mode without a problem, but when i go to install the package i get this:

liam@liam-desktop:~/Downloads/2.5.0.1-streak-clockworkrecovery$ ./install-recovery-linux.sh

< waiting for device >

Am i supposed to install it on the phone or on my computer? Doesn't seem to want to do anything.

Also the other guide keeps mentioning root, do i need to root my phone to do any of this? Or am, i supposed to do the flash thing to work this?

Guest petesbodyparts

You've got a bad SD card. I saw the same issue with a HTC Desire and in the end used another one and the issue went away. When you mount the SD, you need to make sure you eject it in Windows BEFORE unplugging the phone (or SD card reader). Otherwise you'll end up eventually with a corrupted SD card. Reformating or scanning for errors could help also.

Guest petesbodyparts
2. install clockworkMod recovery : http://android.modaco.com/content/de...boot-recovery/ - the koush's recovery option

The guide posted on there isn't exactly the most simple, i easily got into fastboot mode without a problem, but when i go to install the package i get this:

Am i supposed to install it on the phone or on my computer? Doesn't seem to want to do anything.

Also the other guide keeps mentioning root, do i need to root my phone to do any of this? Or am, i supposed to do the flash thing to work this?

No, root is afterwards.

1. Copy the .ZIP file to the root of your SD card.

2. Eject the device.

3. Take out the battery, wait 10 seconds then put it back in.

4. Plug the data cable into a USB port, but not the phone (just yet)

5. Get the phone into FastBoot Mode, then wait 5 seconds then plug in the data cable

6. Windows should beep that it's found the device and installed the driver.

7. On the phone it's now no longer waiting for FastBoot, but is actually in fastboot mode

8. Run the script to install ClockWorkMod.

9. Reboot the phone, but now into recovery mode. DO NOT let the phone boot normally, otherwise you have to repeat steps 3 - 8!

10. Install the ZIP

11. Voila!

12. Savour the brilliance of Steve's work :)

Really want to try froyo and been following this thread quite closely, does the latest release have the camera fix built in? i can easily follow the updating process but when it comes to prop builds etc i'm not that confident.

Edit it's ok answered my own question it works fine. :)

Edited by m4tt24

No, root is afterwards.

1. Copy the .ZIP file to the root of your SD card.

2. Eject the device.

3. Take out the battery, wait 10 seconds then put it back in.

4. Plug the data cable into a USB port, but not the phone (just yet)

5. Get the phone into FastBoot Mode, then wait 5 seconds then plug in the data cable

6. Windows should beep that it's found the device and installed the driver.

7. On the phone it's now no longer waiting for FastBoot, but is actually in fastboot mode

8. Run the script to install ClockWorkMod.

9. Reboot the phone, but now into recovery mode. DO NOT let the phone boot normally, otherwise you have to repeat steps 3 - 8!

10. Install the ZIP

11. Voila!

12. Savour the brilliance of Steve's work :)

I'm doing this under Linux and it just seems to sit there waiting for the device "< waiting for device >" even though it's all ready.

The update zip is on the sd, i try to run the clickwork installer but it just does the above.

Edited by LiamD

Guest Hells_Child

I had the update-new.zip froyo installed (had it for a few days) and installed the new V2 straight over it without downgrading and seems to be fine. the only thing is ive got weather toggle widgets app but the weather just shows "N/A" so not sure if the GPS is working. will wait and see what the battery life is like. Good job tho.

Guest jamezwarner

up and running on 2.2v2 all good - only problem so far seems to be the time at the top right is now wrong (does not take into account the +1 BST) - however the lock screen shows the correct time....

Guest miker71
I had the update-new.zip froyo installed (had it for a few days) and installed the new V2 straight over it without downgrading and seems to be fine. the only thing is ive got weather toggle widgets app but the weather just shows "N/A" so not sure if the GPS is working. will wait and see what the battery life is like. Good job tho.

same here. haven't given the gps a workout yet but as i understand it, v0.2 includes an updated gps.conf

same here. haven't given the gps a workout yet but as i understand it, v0.2 includes an updated gps.conf

Yep, the gps does work - it gives a fairly quick but inaccurate lock then eventually settles down to an accurate lock.

Guest CharlieBareham
sTILL NOTHING FOR ME. i CAN SEE THE APPS ON APP BRAIN BUT WHEN I GOI TO DOWNLOAD THE APP, IT JUST REDIRECTS TO MARKET. (apologies for caps).

What is the actual point in App Brain? You go thru a right malarky to find and install apps, only to have it redirect to the Market to d/l. Why not just download from the Market? Is there another point to it??

Appbrain lets you search the market online and install from there, and the search and sort functions on Appbrain are vastly superior to the stock Market.

Charlie.

For the video, it seems to me that if you set the quality (duration) to custom and select a resolution other than 720, it will output the correct resolution. Its not 720p, but its a nice band-aid until a fix can be found.

Guest RedSlug

Updated directly over the previous version using update-new.zip with no problems.

Well except that I had to spend good hour restoring everything how I like it! LOL :-)

Unless there is something incredible in future updates I think I'll stay with this for a while, it's GREAT! :)

Ok, everything is fine except GPS this is with the updated version any suggestions?

Edit and again fixed a reboot has sorted this.

Edited by m4tt24

Interesting problem. Since putting the 2.2 beta 1 ( latest) version when i download from the market, it allows me to download them but thy stick there and dont install.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest Mirrdhyn

Hello,

I have just installed this version on my streak, and it's very wonderful this speed :)

But, I prefer the default theme and I don't want the ADW Launcher.

How to remove this program ?

In the application manager, the uninstall button is not available.

Thank you in advance for your help.