DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest synaptic.flaws
2. install clockworkMod recovery : http://android.modaco.com/content/de...boot-recovery/ - the koush's recovery option

The guide posted on there isn't exactly the most simple, i easily got into fastboot mode without a problem, but when i go to install the package i get this:

Am i supposed to install it on the phone or on my computer? Doesn't seem to want to do anything.

Also the other guide keeps mentioning root, do i need to root my phone to do any of this? Or am, i supposed to do the flash thing to work this?

which linux distro? I had to make a few tweaks with my ubuntu 10.4 to get adb to recognize the phone. go through the installation guides on the android development pages, the issue is with adb I think that was the same message I got until I added the tweaks.

Guest maskaler
I'm doing this under Linux and it just seems to sit there waiting for the device "< waiting for device >" even though it's all ready.

The update zip is on the sd, i try to run the clickwork installer but it just does the above.

It took me a couple of times. You're doing it via sudo/su yes?

Quick battery summary after installing the latest load. Update-V2 Beta 1. Charged fully at midnight and unplugged. Six hours later on (standby usage only) down to 96%. GPS locks quick and accurate. Launcherpro working perfect and all apps restored. Wifi icon for signal strength doesn't bounce around now.

Edited by phjnky

Guest spences10
Hello,

I have just installed this version on my streak, and it's very wonderful this speed :)

But, I prefer the default theme and I don't want the ADW Launcher.

How to remove this program ?

In the application manager, the uninstall button is not available.

Thank you in advance for your help.

You will need to have an alternate launcher program in place of ADW.Launcher like LauncherPro or any of the other Launcher alternitives on the android market.

Once installed you will be prompted to select which home screen you want to use, select the set as default check select the Launcher you want to have then you're good to go :)

If you really want to remove ADW.Launcher you can remove it from the /system/app/ partition via adb or RootExplorer, but if you're unsre about this then it dosent hurt to keep them.

Guest jannism
You will need to have an alternate launcher program in place of ADW.Launcher like LauncherPro or any of the other Launcher alternitives on the android market.

I can't tell you how important this step is as there is no stock launcher alternative present. Muggins here, uninstalled ADW first and borked his phone. Fortunately for me that solved the issue of when I would update to the latest bug-fix version, which I did immediately. After that, Titanium backup came to the rescue yet again! :)

Guest luckyauto

hi DJ steven ( donantion is on the way , thank for your effort ) , and other senior who assist DJ steven for making this froyo for us. i hope Dell streak official froyo will be out soon , dont never expect.

since i am junior and new in here , i dare not to open a thread , which i suggest.

i follow ur rom from update ver one and two , is working fine , but i would like to drop and report some of suggestion and bug.

hope u can link me , a thread which i post my finding

i believe ur rom will be making better , since now is only very few bug only

my finding bug and suggestion.

--front camera - not working , not sure fring is working fine or not ,any one report ?

--GPS - taking long to locate , and mostly time out

--g sensor - not working well , portrail and landscape rotation is not smooth

--home page - unable to see the telco name and more info ( like 1.6 rom )

--the icon is too small - i did change lcd density to 180 , but look like not standard , and over and wording look like blur , and as fine as lcd = 160 ( but icon too small , because we are in 5 inch lcd , we expect better view than iphone and htc desire )

it is due to hardware limitation ?

many thank

Guest prawnballs

Is anyone else having issues which orientation? 95% of the time its fine, but then I'll be using the browser or market (and other apps) and it will turn to portrait when being held landscape. If I then turn it to portrait it will revert the screen to landscape. It's really frustrating. A reboot seems to fix for a small amount of time and then the issue returns. Is this problem known?

my finding bug and suggestion.

--front camera - not working , not sure fring is working fine or not ,any one report ?

--GPS - taking long to locate , and mostly time out

--g sensor - not working well , portrail and landscape rotation is not smooth

--home page - unable to see the telco name and more info ( like 1.6 rom )

--the icon is too small - i did change lcd density to 180 , but look like not standard , and over and wording look like blur , and as fine as lcd = 160 ( but icon too small , because we are in 5 inch lcd , we expect better view than iphone and htc desire )

it is due to hardware limitation ?

many thank

I'll jump in and make some comments if I may.

Front camera does work with fring.

GPS does take a long time to lock the first time after the upgrade, but after a few times it seems to get back up to normal speed.

g sensor - this seems to be specific to some apps. This bug is probably going to be hard to find.

home page - the dell status bar can't really be used as the dell UI code is not compatible with 2.2.

LCD=160 is dell standard sized icons, 140 is what the rom has in it by default. There isn't really anything that can be done with this - it is a function of vanilla android.

Guest Mirrdhyn

Once installed you will be prompted to select which home screen you want to use, select the set as default check select the Launcher you want to have then you're good to go :)

If you really want to remove ADW.Launcher you can remove it from the /system/app/ partition via adb or RootExplorer, but if you're unsre about this then it dosent hurt to keep them.

Ok,thank you for your response but now I am wondering if we can get the stock launcher or not.

I don't need this adw launcher with some bugs.

I think that the 'stock' launcher is just what I need :)

So, How to have this stock launcher that we have in 1.6 or in 2.1 ?

Guest JaysFreaky

So from what I'm understanding, if you used the qualcomm baseband update combined with fastboot to upgrade to 2.2, you'll need to downgrade to 2.1 before flashing the new zip?

Guest RedSlug
Ok,thank you for your response but now I am wondering if we can get the stock launcher or not.

You can't get it right now. Stephen isn't interested in it. :)

A) You have to live with it.

B) Get something similar from the market

C) Revert back to 1.6 / 2.1

I've decided on A. :)

Someone else may come up with it sooner than Dell/Qisda but I wouldn't hold your breath :)

Edited by RedSlug

Guest jamezwarner
So from what I'm understanding, if you used the qualcomm baseband update combined with fastboot to upgrade to 2.2, you'll need to downgrade to 2.1 before flashing the new zip?

Correct :)

Steve has mentioned earlier in this thread that he will not be converting the dell UI including the stock launcher as

1) he doesn't like it and

2) It is a lot of work to do - upgrading the dell framework is probably what is taking dell so long and why they haven't got 2.2 out yet, so I don't think a guy working on it in his spare time is going to be able to do it quickly, even if he wanted to.

If you don't like ADW there are others on the market as long as you remember to install the new one BEFORE removing adw.

Guest sukicat

Hi I don't mind updating the Zip Files but Typing all the commands in the APN is a bit of a bind is there

any way the file could be backed up ...the problems is not sure what file it is.

Guest neil tring

clockwork recovery still doesnt boot when i go into recovery mode, always comes up with the Android system recovery. If i change it to update.zip then it goes into the recovery mode but brings up

e: no signature (810 files)

E: Verification failed

then reboots.

clockwork recovery still doesnt boot when i go into recovery mode, always comes up with the Android system recovery. If i change it to update.zip then it goes into the recovery mode but brings up

e: no signature (810 files)

E: Verification failed

then reboots.

Ok just a couple of questions -

1) did you rename it update.pkg or update.zip?

2) when you reboot into recover are you selecting the update from update.pkg option?

Edited by navrac

Guest neil tring
Ok just a couple of questions -

1) did you rename it update.pkg or update.zip?

2) when you reboot into recover are you selecting the update from update.pkg option?

Naming it update.zip, and yes to the second

Guest brokenpixel

try downloading the file again, I had the same issue with the 2.1 update, had to download not twice but "trice" :)

Well I suspect it means clockwork isn't installed correctly, so its off to the bootloader screen to have another go at installing it I'm afraid.

This is the method I used to install it

4. Download Recovery image

Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1 repack for 2.1 devices - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 948e19055762737366dd0347c0e1b734

Link: http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...ywfaoj2aiywe1ah

How to install

Download the recovery image zip file above and extract to a directory - for instance c:\recovery

Put your device in bootloader mode - Unplug the device from your PC, remove the device battery, then replace it and turn device on with the camera button pressed. Select the 'fastboot' text on the top right, wait around 10 seconds then plug the device into your PC. The screen display should change to 'FASTBOOT MODE'. If it doesn't, repeat and retry (it's a bit temperamental!)

WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat' in the c:\recovery folder or wherever you put the files.

There are other versions of clockwork recovery which are linked on this thread about 10 pages back for people who had trouble with the standard one - also I found another thread on xda-developers which might help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

Guest Reddy232

Guys, Just a quick question.

After installing froyo, What is the easiest way to root my streak?

I have root explorer, but it is unable to get root access.

Guest JaysFreaky
Guys, Just a quick question.

After installing froyo, What is the easiest way to root my streak?

I have root explorer, but it is unable to get root access.

Universal Androot.

Hi I don't mind updating the Zip Files but Typing all the commands in the APN is a bit of a bind is there

any way the file could be backed up ...the problems is not sure what file it is.

I know - its my pet hate - 5 times I've done it now during testing these builds!

A quick search found this:

http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/apn-backup-restore