DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Universal Androot.

Yep agreed - one tip though : most people find you have to press the root button twice to get it to root it - even if it claims to have worked the first time.

i may look at adding back the dell status bar at some point but it wont be soon

You just can't resist a challenge can you?

Mind you if you get the dell UI working on 2.2 I'll donate another £20 just to see the look/egg on dells faces......

Guest Stephen Hyde

for those users who have voted 'dont know how to' in the poll could you elaborate on why/what you dont understand so we can clear it up for you :)

Guest Reddy232
Universal Androot.

Thank you for the help.

But could you please suggest where to get it? I cant find it in the market.

I think this is part of the market issues we are having. :)

Guest Stephen Hyde
You just can't resist a challenge can you?

Mind you if you get the dell UI working on 2.2 I'll donate another £20 just to see the look/egg on dells faces......

nope :) besides it will make alot more people able to use froyo since some people like the dell ux for some reason

Guest neil tring
for those users who have voted 'dont know how to' in the poll could you elaborate on why/what you dont understand so we can clear it up for you :)

For me the main thing is Clockworkdmod doesnt load. So i get android recovery running. paid for and downloaded clockwork from the market, also flashbooted to get it up too. Neither seems to work.

Guest andycqos
For me the main thing is Clockworkdmod doesnt load. So i get android recovery running. paid for and downloaded clockwork from the market, also flashbooted to get it up too. Neither seems to work.

Are you sure you're installing the correct thing? Clockworkmod isnt on the market and you dont need to pay for it. Its linked in the sticky on 2.1 upgrades as Koush's recovery

Thank you for the help.

But could you please suggest where to get it? I cant find it in the market.

I think this is part of the market issues we are having. http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/2752...ndroot-apk.html

http://bit.ly/aa4jxJ

It disappearing is not necessarily related to the market problems - it seems to come and go on the market whichever build you have!

clcokworkmod on the market is a file launcher, clockwork (or Koushs) recovery is a different program....

edit: my bad - it looks like the clockworkmod on the market is meant to install the clockwork recovery

Edited by navrac

Guest BigHeadDog

i cant go beyond this part :

5. select update from .pkg option and wait for Clockwork to load.

6. select flash zip from sd

7. choose select zip from sd and find the update-new.zip and flash it smile.gif

8. reboot and wait a while

i had dump the .zip into the sd card and was told something like no .pkg...

Sounds like you and neil aren't having any luck getting clockwork to install.

If you press the update from pkg option on the stock loader and you dont get the clockwork screen with green writing but just messages about no pkg file then clockwork isnt installed at all.

It may be that the drivers in windows aren't allowing the clockwork recovery to be pushed onto the streak or possibly you have rebooted into android normally after doing it and not gone into the recovery mode as your next boot.

try following the first part of this howto to check the windows installation section 1.4 - basically when you plug the phone in it gets the wrong driver installed in windows so you have to et it to the correct one

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=64083

then try again and as soon as it says its loaded the file, reboot straight into the loader.

It might not be the answer, but these are two of the pitfalls I know about.

If it does or doesn't help, can you post here so Stephen can see if the instructions need improving

Edited by navrac

installed the new Version, still the same problems:

-GPS not working very well

-G-Sensor sometimes very buggy (seems to have something to do with soud, because it happens sometimes when a sound is playing / when I listen to music)

-Battery is empty very fast

Edited by Passe

installed the new Version, still the same problems:

-GPS not working very well

-G-Sensor sometimes very buggy (seems to have something to do with soud, because it happens sometimes when a sound is playing / when I listen to music)

-Battery is empty very fast

I'm still on 60% after 16 hours - and its been in use quite a lot in the last 4 hours or so.

I installed juice defender which has helped a lot, the only other things I changed were the lcd setting from 140 to 160 - possibly totally unrelated and took off the facebook widget as it was stopping the phone sleeping properly.

Actually one other thing is that my phone is on GSM only today as there's no decent 3g where I am at the moment.

Might be worth trying these things one at a time for an hour each and see if they slow down the discharge rate.

Guest Charliest

The poll is interesting, but it would be even more interesting to determine whether one method is better than the other. I updated the baseband and never looked back. Everything seems to work 100%. Is anyone who went the baseband route having GPS, battery, camera or any other problems?

Guest neil tring
Sounds like you and neil aren't having any luck getting clockwork to install.

If you press the update from pkg option on the stock loader and you dont get the clockwork screen with green writing but just messages about no pkg file then clockwork isnt installed at all.

It may be that the drivers in windows aren't allowing the clockwork recovery to be pushed onto the streak or possibly you have rebooted into android normally after doing it and not gone into the recovery mode as your next boot.

try following the first part of this howto to check the windows installation section 1.4 - basically when you plug the phone in it gets the wrong driver installed in windows so you have to et it to the correct one

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=64083

then try again and as soon as it says its loaded the file, reboot straight into the loader.

It might not be the answer, but these are two of the pitfalls I know about.

If it does or doesn't help, can you post here so Stephen can see if the instructions need improving

Many thanks, eventually got Froyo working on my streak. Thanks Navrac and to Stephen. Donation on its way.

Guest send2toonie

I'm having battery related issues.

1. Phone plugged in over night charging will result in phone off when I wake. Everytime.

2. Phone discharges untI'll some time below 50% then turns off. Needs reboot. Happens twice now.

It just seems like the phone is reading battery state wrong. Not sure.

Any ideas? Any one else have this?

The poll is interesting, but it would be even more interesting to determine whether one method is better than the other. I updated the baseband and never looked back. Everything seems to work 100%. Is anyone who went the baseband route having GPS, battery, camera or any other problems?

A good point -

I didn't do the baseband route and apart from the occasional g sensor misread and the camcorder recording settings, I've had no problems.

I wonder if its a case of different expectations?

for instance my GPS locks in about 45- 60seconds after a reboot and within about 5 seconds on each subsequent try. Personally I think that's ok.

Guest simpl3lang
nope :) besides it will make alot more people able to use froyo since some people like the dell ux for some reason

the streak is my first android phone. always had an iphone since day one of release. the dell taskbar was just what i got use to with android. no complaints without it though. and if you ever bring it back. can you put the one from 1.6.

i couldnt get clockworkmod to work until i downloaded the alternative version (recovery.alt.zip) on this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563 . which HOMEISS pointed out for me while talking to him on the irc.

download that version. flash it with FASTBOOT. pull out battery and put it back. power+volumes buttons pressed. and choose option 2. a few seconds later, capacitive buttons should start blinking and clockworkmod should start up.

thats what worked for me. i installed the clockworkmod from modaco and didnt work. i installed the recovery.zip from xda (before trying the alt). ddnt work, it kept going to the stock recovery. tried the alternative version. viola. it worked :) ....try it out

Guest BigHeadDog
the streak is my first android phone. always had an iphone since day one of release. the dell taskbar was just what i got use to with android. no complaints without it though. and if you ever bring it back. can you put the one from 1.6.

i couldnt get clockworkmod to work until i downloaded the alternative version (recovery.alt.zip) on this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563 . which HOMEISS pointed out for me while talking to him on the irc.

download that version. flash it with FASTBOOT. pull out battery and put it back. power+volumes buttons pressed. and choose option 2. a few seconds later, capacitive buttons should start blinking and clockworkmod should start up.

thats what worked for me. i installed the clockworkmod from modaco and didnt work. i installed the recovery.zip from xda (before trying the alt). ddnt work, it kept going to the stock recovery. tried the alternative version. viola. it worked :) ....try it out

finally managed to install 2.2 on streak thanks to someone in another forum. he/she has been most helpful. i still cant get used to 2.2 lol