DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest JackDupp
Is anyone else having issues which orientation? 95% of the time its fine, but then I'll be using the browser or market (and other apps) and it will turn to portrait when being held landscape. If I then turn it to portrait it will revert the screen to landscape. It's really frustrating. A reboot seems to fix for a small amount of time and then the issue returns. Is this problem known?

Yes, I'm having the same orientation lock issue. I also still have the slow GPS. Everything definitely feels quicker in v2 though.

Guest jnovello

I'm sorry to hear all the gripes, but I have to say this is the best yet. Today is the first day in 3 months that I woke up and my Streak was still almost fully charged. As a test I left it on with wifi on as well sure it would be dead, but it was not. Every night I had been putting it in airplane mode and still 1 or 2 days it would be dead after a full charge. I have seen the G sensor issue, but only on first boot. GPS takes a minute to lock, but are we aware that this little device is trying to locate satellites above the planet....in space.....? A week ago we were complaining about the O2 spash screen and now we're eating Froyo......I'm just saying.

Edited by jnovello

Guest outsidah

I am loving Froyo on the Streak, thanks so much Steve.

One thing though that I just found today... it seems call waiting isn't working? People call me and if I'm on a call I get no notification anyone is trying to reach me. On their end it sounds like the phone is ringing. Anyone else have this?

Guest MrMediaGuy
You can't get it right now. Stephen isn't interested in it. :)

A) You have to live with it.

:D Get something similar from the market

C) Revert back to 1.6 / 2.1

I've decided on A. :)

Someone else may come up with it sooner than Dell/Qisda but I wouldn't hold your breath :)

Indeed, don't get too attached to the old 1.6/2.1 launcher -- it will be gone in the official Dell 2.2 release as well. :D

Guest Be Vigilant

I flashed the first beta by flashing\modding the baseband. So reverted to 2.1 then back to the new 2.2. All went fine.

Only bug so far is that I cannot install my swype. It force closes all the time. Worked fine on 1.6 and 2.1

Guest mrmrmrmr
I noticed there was no RSS widget as had been included in Dell 2.1 and 1.6 roms. Was that just included by Dell or is this rom missing it for some reason?

Can anyone list the apps/widgets/features that we miss on Froyo because it does not have Dell modifications ?

The ones that I know:

- Dell Notification bar

- RSS widget

- Outlook tasks

- Outlook notes

- PC Sync

- Dell launcher

Guest vinokirk
Indeed, don't get too attached to the old 1.6/2.1 launcher -- it will be gone in the official Dell 2.2 release as well. :)

Remember the original Dell gallery...how pants was that!

Guest HoTdiGiTi
A good point -

I didn't do the baseband route and apart from the occasional g sensor misread and the camcorder recording settings, I've had no problems.

I wonder if its a case of different expectations?

for instance my GPS locks in about 45- 60seconds after a reboot and within about 5 seconds on each subsequent try. Personally I think that's ok.

I did both methods first the baseband method then the zip. Obviously had to flash back to 2.1 again as i had no cell info. Then quickly went back to the baseband way. The only probs i have is camera records all in 3gpp, sometimes orientation goes wayward and reboots sometimes during charging. No battery issues only when i left gps wifi on and had poor reception went down quickly. So gonna stick with this build i think :-)

Guest mmmputch

Can anyone get the busybox installer to work? It just hangs for me.

Edit: it finally went, but it took about 5 minutes

Edited by mmmputch

Guest deekarma
I am loving Froyo on the Streak, thanks so much Steve.

One thing though that I just found today... it seems call waiting isn't working? People call me and if I'm on a call I get no notification anyone is trying to reach me. On their end it sounds like the phone is ringing. Anyone else have this?

Have you updated settings?

Settings/Call Settings/Additional Settings/Call Waiting

Guest sukicat

After a bit of tiding and removing the Google bar and put a nice set of new Icons

I am quite happy with MY 2.2 Streak until the next update !!!

post-767507-1286909216_thumb.jpg

Edited by sukicat

Guest Reddy232

Anyone having issues with touch screen? Or is it just me?

Sometimes I am unable to unlock. Cant even shut it down (this requires touch functionality as well)

Guest UMAIR239
Theyll be someone who could help u out better. Fards is a wizz and steve himself needs no introduction. Not sure about it being t-mobile tho only got experience with o2 im affraid and very little at that.

Hey thanks for your supporting comments mate, I will try to fix it again this weekend when I will have some time, I will stay in touch, if nothing else worked I would try to contact DJ_Steve and other mods and would request their help, may be I would ship my Streak to them and request their help, also will donate :)

Now I've put my streak on fastboot_mode with USB connected to my PC, but when I do the command "fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery-clockwork-streak.img" the cmd said <waiting for device>

anyone got any idea?

checked on device manager and there is no sight of "Android 1.0" missing driver but instead a (USB Mass storage device!), tried to update the device and it takes me to choose a list of manuafactures, on there I can't find Google Inc on the list. PS. I got the dell pc suite installed

I'm following the guide "What you need to know about the Dell Streak.PDF"

Edited by kett

Guest Stephen Hyde
Now I've put my streak on fastboot_mode with USB connected to my PC, but when I do the command "fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery-clockwork-streak.img" the cmd said <waiting for device>

anyone got any idea?

checked on device manager and there is no sight of "Android 1.0" missing driver but instead a (USB Mass storage device!), tried to update the device and it takes me to choose a list of manuafactures, on there I can't find Google Inc on the list.

I'm following the guide "What you need to know about the Dell Streak.PDF"

try findign and pointing it to the android drivers

Guest rahulkadukar

There was a qualcomm icon on the Menu with an associated *qualcomm*.apk in system/app folder which I deleted, can someone please pull it and send it to me, thanks a lot

I deleted it because I don't know :)