DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Perhaps until the market issues are resolved, Stephen should post a big WARNING on the first post advising people to have physical backups of their apps before upgrading. I haven't really been affected by the market issue as I ran a complete Titanium backup prior to upgrading.

Perhaps until the market issues are resolved, Stephen should post a big WARNING on the first post advising people to have physical backups of their apps before upgrading. I haven't really been affected by the market issue as I ran a complete Titanium backup prior to upgrading.

Guys...

Were are all big boys and girls here and this is what BETA status means...

Not everything is working yet... AND if you would have read all the Thread, you would have seen the Market issue + Steve warning on the first page where you could download the ROM.

So... Give him a break :)

Guest coronet

Noted, except titanium backup ruined more than half of my backups.

Titanium backup handled the 1.6 -> 2.2 conversion well- I just weeded out the 1.6 specific apps when loading things back on. It was a good opportunity to remove the apps I had put on just to try out and hadn't really been using.

I finally bit the bullet and installed Froyo, i am having a few issues with the build.

1. Titanium backup was a complete disaster, almost none of my apps are working after restoring them, that's fine ill just reinstall them
  2. Navigation does not work, if i try to switch GPS on i immediately loose the 3G/HSDPA data connection so the thing doesn't load.
  3. Related to the above if i switch wi-fi on the 3G/HSDPA dies, i think this is a known issue.

Thanks

DJHope

I'm having zero bugs at the moment (other than the droid x keyboard crashing).

However, I can't find Google Voice on the market. A direct QR code I found just brings up nothing. Market incompatibility?

For the Droid X keyboard to work properly on Froyo you need this repack of it.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=764021

Works for me :)

Guest andycqos
Is anyone else having trouble getting Fast Web Installer to work? Any advice on what I may be doing wrong?

Yes. I thought the v2 build fixed the Appbrain / fastweb issue :)

Noted, except titanium backup ruined more than half of my backups.

I finally bit the bullet and installed Froyo, i am having a few issues with the build.
  1. Titanium backup was a complete disaster, almost none of my apps are working after restoring them, that's fine ill just reinstall them
  2. Navigation does not work, if i try to switch GPS on i immediately loose the 3G/HSDPA data connection so the thing doesn't load.
  3. Related to the above if i switch wi-fi on the 3G/HSDPA dies, i think this is a known issue.
Thanks

DJHope

Glad its not just me who has problems with Titanium.

The only way Ive got it to work is to go through the list of backed up apps and only reinstall the ones that arent there already. If I do a batch job and reinstall everything I get FC's all over the place. And even then, titanium doesnt always restore app settings properly, Touchdown being the biggest culprit

NO Help for me Steve :)

Firstly your are on the other side of the Atlantic, would you respond to someone in the middle of the night, or be doing something else like sleep, because you have to go to work in the morning?

I've no idea what your issue can be because we don't know what

a. You have done, I've followed every guide doesn't help.

B. We've no idea what has been changed in the T-Mobile beta, it could have totally different internals, be formatted or made of cheese. As dell have said there isn't one we don't know.

C. Bearing in mind b. Is very unlikely that you can Get the original recovery for it.

There's no reason it can't be done manually..

Does fast boot work

Guest Anthony Baxter
Is anyone else having trouble getting Fast Web Installer to work? Any advice on what I may be doing wrong?

I couldn't get it to work straight away. I left it alone for a couple of hours, in which time it installed a couple of apps I didn't request, and then it seemed to start working again. No idea what the culprit was I'm afraid.

Add me to the people for whom Titanium didn't work for. Everything looked okay but most of the time when I open an app Titanium installed from backup it just FCs on me.

Guest springah
Re Titanium issues, I used the free one without issue on the beta v1. I've not bothered updating to V2 as the battery seems fine to me.

yeah v2 is cool with titanium as long as you only restore apps. anything system just makes everything fc epic.

Guest vinokirk

Yeah i have tried this fastbrain installer but it still directs to the market and then the market cant find the apps. I think homeiss is the only person to have got it working....from what ive read anyways! Homeiss....help us!!

Guest rahulkadukar
Thanks

DJHope

I don't see the point of taking a backup. I mean you could just use Astro and take a backup of all the apps and then install them all over again, I mean even if you use a 100 apps shouldn't take more than an hour and that is the amount of time you should spend after you install a new Operating System.

Guest andycap
Thanks

DJHope

Hi.

I have found that Titanium has issues if you use the Busybox from within the program, you will find that most programs when restored will FC. if you do a restore without data, your programs will be ok and just like fresh install with no settings or data. I had the problem and uninstalled the busybox from titanium and installed from market and was then able to restore my apps and data.

Your gps and data problem is down to your APN settings. Try deleting any other prepay ones and set your main one as default.

Edited by andycap

I don't see the point of taking a backup. I mean you could just use Astro and take a backup of all the apps and then install them all over again, I mean even if you use a 100 apps shouldn't take more than an hour and that is the amount of time you should spend after you install a new Operating System.

i use app monster its really good and it works thats the main thing been using it the day android was released.

Guest popetodd

Titanium backup has worked flawlessly for me when moving all of my apps from 1.6 -> 2.1 4 times (various different ROM experiments) and then from 2.1 to 2.2 and 3 more 2.2 restores.

My apps have mostly picked up where they left off, particularly the games.

If you are having problems you MUST make sure that you ONLY restore your user apps when changing ROM versions.

Period.

It works perfectly but only if you don't try to overwrite the OE apps.

Remember - ONLY restore user apps.

Titanium backup has worked flawlessly for me when moving all of my apps from 1.6 -> 2.1 4 times (various different ROM experiments) and then from 2.1 to 2.2 and 3 more 2.2 restores.

My apps have mostly picked up where they left off, particularly the games.

If you are having problems you MUST make sure that you ONLY restore your user apps when changing ROM versions.

Period.

It works perfectly but only if you don't try to overwrite the OE apps.

Remember - ONLY restore user apps.

Did the same thing but got app force close for most of the applications. Decided to factory reset and install all manually

Will try appmonster next time.

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks, testing time

anyone who has any skills with adb can try these changes

ideally on the v2 update

updated build.prop : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/tester/build.prop

updated init script : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/t...om.post_boot.sh

to install push build.prop to /system

and

push init.qcom.post_boot.sh to /system/etc

this has pushed my quadrant score to within about 50 points of a 2.2 nexus one and increased neocore to 31fps and nenamark1 to 21fps (from ~15)

could use others to test if it works too. remeber both files need pushing to see benefit

also cheers to fards for parts of the build.prop changes

Guest mzsigler
ok folks, testing time

anyone who has any skills with adb can try these changes

ideally on the v2 update

updated build.prop : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/tester/build.prop

updated init script : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/t...om.post_boot.sh

to install push build.prop to /system

and

push init.qcom.post_boot.sh to /system/etc

this has pushed my quadrant score to within about 50 points of a 2.2 nexus one and increased neocore to 31fps and nenamark1 to 21fps (from ~15)

could use others to test if it works too. remeber both files need pushing to see benefit

also cheers to fards for parts of the build.prop changes

Can't really compare, as quadrant wouldn't complete before, but with those files it does. 1384 on the first run.

Guest jamesturley28

Hi folks,

Just before I attempt to go Froyo, I wanted to ask a few questions as I read all 38 pages in this post and I'm a little confused.

So my streak is running o2 2.1 ( build 8105 )

Ive downloaded stephen's 2.2 v2 zip + the Recovery.alt.zip

Now where do I install the Recovery on the streak or pc ( running xp ) ????

In the guide on the first post it mentions to put recovery in the fastboot folder where can I find the folder??

I'm sorry if I'm being a noob. ..just there is so many ways and updates.

Thanks in advance. :)

Guest matty.cptk
ok folks, testing time

31.4fps on neocore

1432 on quadrant which was above nexus

16.1fps on nenamark

34.8 linpack

Edited by matty.cptk