DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest simpl3lang
What's Happen !! just download the new update v3 and all the apps and setting are still there

Nice One Steve !!!!

I second that. Settings data and apps still intact. Loving the black taskbar. Hehe. Cant thank you enough steve. Oh and i got my 3g icon back instead of the H. Wohoooo

Edited by simpl3lang

Any framework changes will require boot cycle to get flash working. Ie uninstall, reboot, install, reboot i found that works after i went fiddling around in there the other day.

yup agreed thats what I had to do this afternoon

Guest keeper22
One Slight Problem is unable to root Root Explorer any fix for this ?

I just had to re-root , took two tries with Universal root like it normally does.

Steve - unreal what you are doing for the community. It feels like every day or so lately I am getting a new phone with all the updates you are hooking us up with. Thank you. And not having to re install everything after .3 was a bonus. Thanks again.

Guest gypsydigi

THANKS SO MUCH STEVE!

i appreciate all your work as does everyone else here... I will be donating today for your cause.

One little thing that ive noticed is when running LCD Density lower then 160 google maps doesn't cache the edges of the map...

I love this update :)

Guest sukicat

No Luck with the Universal Root ..I have reinstalled it no difference it says Rooted OK but Root explorer say not rooted

also notice when I try Rooting it turns off the WFI ..will see in the morning if any fixes have appeared.

Guest cowballz

sweet i hope steve becomes a millionaire doing this kinda work , im my eyes steve saved Dells ass with his expertize , hopfully they can send a unonamous donation to him for all the work that he put in for there company.

Guest simpl3lang

now all i need is a grey to black google search widget. and im good. i read the pngs in the launcher it self has to be changed. when i have free time ill go and check it out. i did theming on the iphone but havent tried on android.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8277/screenshotfxw.png

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9946/screenshot1ky.png

Thanks a lot Steve! U should b the head or leader of Dell development team. But i bet u'll earn more by doing.it over here.. maybe not in terms of money, but respect and satisfaction!

Guest Stephen Hyde
Thanks a lot Steve! U should b the head or leader of Dell development team. But i bet u'll earn more by doing.it over here.. maybe not in terms of money, but respect and satisfaction!

Yep and not being forced to add that dell ui.. this black theme suits streak perfect

Guest mmmputch

Hey Steve,

Question:

Is the sysctl mod not needed anymore with these latest builds? Would it further speed up or help anything?

Edit: some info about data settings in build.prop

I also found some edits and what they do for the build.prop to speed up data, maybe they can be added to the build.prop

Link: http://mystica.pastebin.com/giUbsa7p

1. ro.ril.hsxpa=2 < enable both hsdpa AND hsupa, 1 is hsdpa only UMTS Uplink

2. ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8 < see Wikipedia on categories for HSPA

3. ro.ril.hsupa.category=5 < ""

4. ro.ril.hep=1 < not sure what this is, someone recommended it, i didnt see a difference

5. # ro.ril.enable.dtm=1 < enable "dual transfer mode" on EDGE networks; requires different GPRS class setting below

6. ro.ril.enable.a53=1 < enable stronger ciphering on 3G

7. ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1 < again not sure what this does

8. ro.ril.gprsclass=10 < Set for compatibility with some broken networks in pennsylvania that didnt want to keep on edge properly when set to 12 (faster uplink) or 32 (full multislot dual mode for voice/data on EDGE)

Edited by mmmputch

Steve is there a quick way to remove the battery icon from the status bar.

i searched forum-xda and found a solution but thats way too complicated for me . I do not know how to use .smali , etc

Guest outsidah

I was on V1 with some issues so I went ahead and wiped/formated, wiped cache and installed v3. Now I get stuck on the Dell logo everytime. Tried flashing it again and no-go.

Advice? Do I have to reload 2.1?

I was on V1 with some issues so I went ahead and wiped/formated, wiped cache and installed v3. Now I get stuck on the Dell logo everytime. Tried flashing it again and no-go.

Advice? Do I have to reload 2.1?

im not sure but on first page steve say : the update process is now very simple to do but it does require that you are using a 2.1 firmware first

me ive upgrade to v1=>v2=>(v3manually) and not need to back in 2.1

Edited by T.4.Z

Guest cowballz

What can i do for us people using 200dpi and over issues with not being able to see the phone number on incoming calls and everything being squished in the phone menu??? Can i use the phone.apk in my sgs??

Guest outsidah
im not sure but on first page steve say : the update process is now very simple to do but it does require that you are using a 2.1 firmware first

me ive upgrade to v1=>v2=>(v3manually) and not need to back in 2.1

Yeah I think I killed it by wiping the cache/factory reset.

I just went back and loaded 2.1 and thankfully it worked.

I had to flash stock recovery and the O2 2.1 build.

Time flash clockwork again

Guest outsidah
Yeah I think I killed it by wiping the cache/factory reset.

I just went back and loaded 2.1 and thankfully it worked.

I had to flash stock recovery and the O2 2.1 build.

Time flash clockwork again

Well it seems I am having an issue.

I was on V1 and had some issues so I decided to install V3.

I wiped/formated and wiped cache (this is where the problem is my guess since the Steve's ROM isn't a full install).

I flashed the original 2.1 recovery back on and loaded the 8105 O2 2.1 ROM.

I then flashed clockwork and flash Steve's V3... but the problem is that when it's all done, the phone gets to the Dell logo and won't go further. All it will do are little vibrations every few seconds.

Ideas?

Well it seems I am having an issue.

I was on V1 and had some issues so I decided to install V3.

I wiped/formated and wiped cache (this is where the problem is my guess since the Steve's ROM isn't a full install).

I flashed the original 2.1 recovery back on and loaded the 8105 O2 2.1 ROM.

I then flashed clockwork and flash Steve's V3... but the problem is that when it's all done, the phone gets to the Dell logo and won't go further. All it will do are little vibrations every few seconds.

Ideas?

had the same issue

try this

1. hold volume up + down while pressing the power button

2. choose option no1 for factory reset

works fine for me and booted into v3 froyo beta