DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Adilson

This is for DJ Steve himself: how to bake my own build? I am a fairly experienced Linux admin/developer (I work for Canonical, of Ubuntu fame) with extensive knowledge of embedded devices but know next to nothing about Android. I would like to get my hands dirty and wondering if I could grab the sources of your build and generate a customized image myself.

TIA

Guest streakr

hi all again! i got a another question for u: what ever witch build of a 2.X ROM i put on the streeak, i always have this "slider no works to open the phone or take a call " problem !!?? i got a bit bored about android... u can give me some help or have any idea for me ?? thanks in advance :)

hi all again! i got a another question for u: what ever witch build of a 2.X ROM i put on the streeak, i always have this "slider no works to open the phone or take a call " problem !!?? i got a bit bored about android... u can give me some help or have any idea for me ?? thanks in advance :)

Is it only when you take calls? You can try enabling SCREENLOCK (Settings\Location & Security\Set UP Screenlock). That worked for one of my buddies when he had an issue with the swipe to unlock sticking.

Guest extrememonkey

Has anyone found a workaround to get Skype running properly on 2.2 v1???

It loads up and logs in fine but force closes when you hit my info!!!!

I was using it on a couple of the beta releases and had no problems what so ever....

Can anyone confirm that Fring front facing camera is working for them? I finally got it on my Marketplace with the Release 1 but after testing Fring this weekend, the camera doesn't work. I just wanna know if it's my device or if others are having this problem.

Guest JaysFreaky

Well, turns out the issue was somehow my fault.

I flashed V1 of Steve's update and it works fine, so somehow, the update.zips I'm building is killing wifi and auto-rotate, but I'm only adding a bootanimation.zip, build.prop and some of my apps installed by default.

Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me.

Guest extrememonkey
Can anyone confirm that Fring front facing camera is working for them? I finally got it on my Marketplace with the Release 1 but after testing Fring this weekend, the camera doesn't work. I just wanna know if it's my device or if others are having this problem.

fring front facing camera works for me when I do a fring test call, but can't test it out as no one I know uses it or any of the other adons!!!

Just need to sort Skype out and then get them to add video calling capability....

Guest streakr

thank`s cue_32, but this no works for me, if i set a pin or a sign i also have to slide .... :)

and yes: its if i take a call and if i just want open the menue..

edit: oh yeah, if i set a pattern i no have to slide, now i waiting a call and check it out :)

edit 2: noooo !! also have to slide and also i miss the call and also have to call back !! that`s really XXXX

Edited by streakr

Guest RichB93

So from all the good reports it sounds like this is really well polished! Good work :) What else still needs a bit of work though? I'm usually all up for trying betas but have held off on this. Itching to try it however :)

Edited by RichB93

Guest wgpringle
thank`s cue_32, but this no works for me, if i set a pin or a sign i also have to slide .... :)

and yes: its if i take a call and if i just want open the menue..

edit: oh yeah, if i set a pattern i no have to slide, now i waiting a call and check it out :)

edit 2: noooo !! also have to slide and also i miss the call and also have to call back !! that`s really XXXX

I had a similar problem and posted it to this thread. Another user advised me to recalibrate my screen which worked. I did the calibration by booting holding down the volume buttons and then selecting calibration from the following menu.

Well, turns out the issue was somehow my fault.

I flashed V1 of Steve's update and it works fine, so somehow, the update.zips I'm building is killing wifi and auto-rotate, but I'm only adding a bootanimation.zip, build.prop and some of my apps installed by default.

Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me.

I think there's a maximum file size for build.prop..

Guest JaysFreaky

The only thing I'm changing though, is the LCD density, the region and the way the dates are displayed. It's the same file I'm using now. :)

Guest parcsalooc

Fards, what's going on w/ your twitter account. Been trying to get a hold of you. Need to ask you something

Guest bostonguy
Just to be clear. I don't mind the red on grey in the notification bar. That's fine. I just have difficulty reading the red on black notification which is on the screen for a couple of seconds when an event happens.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean.. I have reduced the side of the picture to roughly the size of a Streak's physical size so you can see what I mean...

(image removed to save rain forests)

Not a major issue at all. :) :)

+1

Love, love, love the latest build, except for the red text when a notification first comes in, and that the BT icon is not as visible (looks like it's "embossed" rather than being a different color) as v2 was.

Very small issues, and to some just personal taste, but to my 46 y/o fading eyesight, they stand out. (pun intended)

:)

Great work overall though, my Streak feels faster than my Nexus did at times.

Ignore that.

I am now in a stage where i cannot do anything much ..neither go back to 2.1 (8105) or go forward for FROYO ..very temping to see many ale to progress...

However now i get only the Dell Logo without any colors ..earlier i got the Dell logo with some color sparkle for every 6 seconds.......

Now i am not sure where i am in the process ,,, ANY DEFINITE suggestions is helpful

MVNK

Can you elaborate on what you have done so far?

I am now in a stage where i cannot do anything much ..neither go back to 2.1 (8105) or go forward for FROYO ..very temping to see many ale to progress...

However now i get only the Dell Logo without any colors ..earlier i got the Dell logo with some color sparkle for every 6 seconds.......

Now i am not sure where i am in the process ,,, ANY DEFINITE suggestions is helpful

MVNK

Can you elaborate on what you have done so far?

1. download the new update zip:

http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/u...-release-v1.zip

2. install clockworkMod recovery : http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/ - the koush's recovery option

3. place the update-new.zip onto your sd card

4. boot streak into recovery by shutting down and holding vol up and down as you press power

5. select update from .pkg option and wait for Clockwork to load.

6. select flash zip from sd

7. choose select zip from sd and find the update-new.zip

I did this till now ...and repeatedly trying some the same in various stages with in the clockworkMod menu...

MVNK

Go into first recovery screen and select Factory Reset.

1. download the new update zip:

http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/u...-release-v1.zip

2. install clockworkMod recovery : http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/ - the koush's recovery option

3. place the update-new.zip onto your sd card

4. boot streak into recovery by shutting down and holding vol up and down as you press power

5. select update from .pkg option and wait for Clockwork to load.

6. select flash zip from sd

7. choose select zip from sd and find the update-new.zip

I did this till now ...and repeatedly trying some the same in various stages with in the clockworkMod menu...

MVNK

Go into first recovery screen and select Factory Reset.

Did WIPE Data / Factory reset..

says

Data wwipe complete

E:Can't find MISC...

Sorry again tried with Volume buttons pressed and power the first screen pressed Factory Reset..

Gets static Dell Logo for the past 5 minutes...

Edited by mvnk

Firstly, that's not what i told you to do, i said "Go into first recovery screen and select Factory Reset."

does it boot when you reset? it can take several minutes the first time...

Did WIPE Data / Factory reset..

says

Data wwipe complete

E:Can't find MISC

Firstly, that's not what i told you to do, i said "Go into first recovery screen and select Factory Reset."

does it boot when you reset? it can take several minutes the first time...

Yes pease ..sorry being so dumb ...I am awaiting at dell logo now..

Shouldn't take more that about 3 minutes.

You went back into recovery and used the Factory Reset that I told you to?

Nothing hapenning ..just on dell logo..How long could this take ??