DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Read the first message in this thread for details about release v1 with market fix

just a quick question on where everyone is up to, im using SFB 3.0 lol (steve's froyo build!) with the black notification bar.

have i missed any updates since this one? Ive only seen people reverting back to the grey one.

its all been great for me, no problems what so ever. steve you're a diamond and fards is a real gem too.

Guest yosemite-sam
Read the first message in this thread for details about release v1 with market fix

face palm from me lol i just had a peek and saw it. thanks mate guess its time to update :)

Guest Radimus

btw... is there a way via fastboot or whatever to put the update.pkg/zip onto the sdcard without actually removing the card and putting it into an external reader?

I'm finally understanding the fastboot deal (to install bootloaders for the various packages)

It would be convenient if the clockwork loaders could be pointed to folders on the SD card and could also load the pkg files instead of only zips.

Edited by Radimus

Guest Ed Venture

Okay - I know it's been asked before, but here it goes:

Is there a single, concise place to report bugs and provide feedback for this build? If so what is it?

I know that this has been broached on some other postings here and it has been a sensitive topic. I know everyone is working hard on resolving issues and that sometimes people post the same questions or bugs because they have just failed to take the time and read through the necessary postings and this can get really, REALLY annoying. As a user who HAS read all 79 pages, I have to admit that it is moving so fast that it's hard to keep up and I can't seem to find the postings I knew I read just a couple of days ago, so sometimes I am apprehensive to post.

Let's face it, the last thing anyone wants to do here is piss on the wheels of progress! In order to increase good will and overall productivity of the community as well as reduce the noise of repetitive bug reports I would think identifying single repository for bugs would be very beneficial. I know some have been using this thread to throw out bug observations immediately following flashing, but I have also heard that http://streakdroid.com/ is the "official" place Steve is using to track bugs. When I hit http://streakdroid.com/ I notice that there are far more bugs posted here than there so I am confused.

Steve, can you shed some light on the issue and clarify how you want this information to be handled?

I am no developer, but I am an IT guy, so I know how these things can go. I want to support the community in any way I can (bug verification and clarification, log file generation, testing, etc) and do it in the most constructive and unobtrusive manner. :)

Ed

Guest Stephen Hyde

theirs streakdroid and the spreadsheet posted in another post on here isd say forissues, the spreadsheet forthe more critical ones and site for less so

Best way is to come on the IRC channel and ask for help there if the bug hasn't been posted about before.

Okay - I know it's been asked before, but here it goes:

Is there a single, concise place to report bugs and provide feedback for this build? If so what is it?

I know that this has been broached on some other postings here and it has been a sensitive topic. I know everyone is working hard on resolving issues and that sometimes people post the same questions or bugs because they have just failed to take the time and read through the necessary postings and this can get really, REALLY annoying. As a user who HAS read all 79 pages, I have to admit that it is moving so fast that it's hard to keep up and I can't seem to find the postings I knew I read just a couple of days ago, so sometimes I am apprehensive to post.

Let's face it, the last thing anyone wants to do here is piss on the wheels of progress! In order to increase good will and overall productivity of the community as well as reduce the noise of repetitive bug reports I would think identifying single repository for bugs would be very beneficial. I know some have been using this thread to throw out bug observations immediately following flashing, but I have also heard that http://streakdroid.com/ is the "official" place Steve is using to track bugs. When I hit http://streakdroid.com/ I notice that there are far more bugs posted here than there so I am confused.

Steve, can you shed some light on the issue and clarify how you want this information to be handled?

I am no developer, but I am an IT guy, so I know how these things can go. I want to support the community in any way I can (bug verification and clarification, log file generation, testing, etc) and do it in the most constructive and unobtrusive manner. :)

Ed

Guest Ed Venture
theirs streakdroid and the spreadsheet posted in another post on here isd say forissues, the spreadsheet forthe more critical ones and site for less so

Excellent! Just a recap for those who don't have the links so they don't have to hunt for them:

For critical issues: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap...=CNroq8cO#gid=1

For less critical (low priority?): http://streakdroid.com/

Thanks for again for all you do!

Ed

Edited by Ed Venture

Guest outsidah
Sounds like you went through my same similar experience.

It's something with the ROM.

1.6 works, 2.1 works.

I can get CW working right now if I switch to SIM to another phone.

The worst part about this situation is picking up someone elses call if they happen to be calling while I am talking to someone. I haven't heard anyone else speak up about this so can anyone confirm their call waiting WORKS?

Bump... can anyone CONFIRM call waiting works on an AT&T 2.2 Streak?

Guest dancemb

What im hoping for is that when I start using this phone at xmas, there will be the official 2.2, this one will have been perfected (it almost is already)

Im going to be using a Vodafone SIM only contract. How hard will it be to get the phone up and running with all the APN information inputted for Vodafone in an unlocked Streak?

Guest Ed Venture

outsidah,

I can confirm it DOESN'T work. I just added it to the bug list above (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApYpD80YgZ_MdHo1emtSSDhGNjZNeTJ4SHkybXFVaGc&hl=en&authkey=CNroq8cO#gid=1). If you can, please confirm the bug on the sheet so Steve knows that this is happening to more than one person.

Guest Ed Venture
Hm, update available for ADW.launcher? updating wont mess tbe rom up will it? :s

I bit the bullet and upgraded it on V1. So far - no problems, but its only been running for a few hours.

Ed

Guest Radimus

I have it installed now and just started playing with it.

Starting from AT&T 1.6 default image

I took a sdcard and put the O2 2.1 on the root as update.pkg and the 2.2 update as update.zip

I setup fastboot on the PC and applied the 4399 recovery image to the streak

I then booted into recovery mode (vol up+dn+power) and applied the update.pkg

allow image to complete installing

go back to fastboot and applied clockwork recovery mode

rebooted into recovery mode and applied update.zip

reboot

factory reset

all told a 10 minute job

I still have to explore and see what does/doesn't work, but all seems well so far.

Edited by Radimus

Guest parks387
anyone manage to get wireless tethering to work? mine doesnt work but as far as i noticed, no one ever said about it so i wonder if it is just me..

It is a known problem. Usb tether works but wireless tether is not available as of now.

Guest outsidah
outsidah,

I can confirm it DOESN'T work. I just added it to the bug list above (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApYpD80YgZ_MdHo1emtSSDhGNjZNeTJ4SHkybXFVaGc&hl=en&authkey=CNroq8cO#gid=1). If you can, please confirm the bug on the sheet so Steve knows that this is happening to more than one person.

Great doc! Added my confirmation as well as another bug.

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi,

I was using tun.ko on android 2.1 for my vpn connections. Now on 2.2 I guess I need a new tun module compiled for this.

Can anyone (who knows how to build it) build for me ?

building it was described as following on an XDA thread:

1) build using Nexus source - making sure same kernel version as running on Streak

2) 

Code:

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/rod/bin/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi- distclean

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/rod/bin/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi- modules

3) The config.gz is applied in the final make command, and ensures built with all the correct options for the Streak, but most of all builds with the Firmware Version matching.
Full Commands used to create 1.6 version

Code:

git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/msm.git kernel-streak16

cd kernel-streak16

git checkout -b origin/android-msm-2.6.29-nexusone

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/rod/bin/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi- distclean

** Edit your config and search for CONFIG_TUN uncomment it and add =m **

** copy .config file into directory **

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/rod/bin/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi- modules

strings drivers/net/tun.ko

** above command should verify built with correct kernet *and* firmware version

Guest sirtekalot

Perhaps someone could help me in my old age. :) I have become confused and unsure which or what is what. I originally installed the first beta and now want to upgrade to v1 (I think) but I'm unsure as to which files or guide to follow; or where those files are. If someone could just qualify these issues for me so that I don't brick my phone from my own stupidity. Thank you.

Can anyone confirm that Fring front facing camera is working for them? I finally got it on my Marketplace with the Release 1 but after testing Fring this weekend, the camera doesn't work. I just wanna know if it's my device or if others are having this problem.

just tested on 2 streaks and working fine

Guest maskaler
It is a known problem. Usb tether works but wireless tether is not available as of now.

I've mentioned it in another post but I have got Barnacle to work. It took about 5 stops/restarts but it worked.

Guest maskaler
I might have a few solutions to some of these...

1) I don't get the rotation sticking problem at all on my Streak, but I did try using the G-sensor calibration tool in EMList a while back. Perhaps that fixed it for me? Worth a try anyway...

2) I got true 720p recording working using the build.prop mod by fards - I agree, will be nice when camera.apk works properly as a whole.

You can fix problem 5 for now by installing Music Mod from the market (free) and making it default player. It adds extra features to the Froyo player as well as fixing the pause problem. :)

Re 2) - where can I find these build.prop mods?

Guest payneardo

Just want to say top marks to all concerned with this build and many thanks.

I actually managed to answer a call for first time with no problems with the slider before this update I actually missed calls trying to answer it !! :)

As soon as pay day comes a donation will be coming from me and keep up the good work !! :)

Cheers

Payneardo

Edited by payneardo