DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Chaleman
Hi all

May be a silly question but I'm guessing this will require setting up all my apps and Widgets again if i install it is that correct? as i don't use any back up and restore programs so if that is the case as i currrently have no issues and am not bothered by anything I'll wait for a more major upgarde unless I'm wrong.

Marc

Hi Dogman.. Went from 1 to 1.1 without having to do anything regarding the apps. I only had to re-root the Streak and reset the lcd density back to 160...

Hope this helps...

Carlos

Guest mancterrier
Hi all

May be a silly question but I'm guessing this will require setting up all my apps and Widgets again if i install it is that correct? as i don't use any back up and restore programs so if that is the case as i currrently have no issues and am not bothered by anything I'll wait for a more major upgarde unless I'm wrong.

Marc

No, no backup required.

Took me 3 mins to flash then changed build prop back to 160 and im as I was 20 mins ago. Video is sorted now though and seems quicker..

Edited by mancterrier

Guest sukicat
can everyone downloading 1.1 try downloading from the mirror link please and report download speeds - new server so want some load testing done :P

Download Speed 2.1 MB/sec with BT Infinity Broadband

Kudos for adding the CM APN listing... Manually entering the Softbank APN is always stressful because if I get anything wrong they wouldn't apply my unlimited plan, charging me by the byte and resulting in a $5,000+ phone bill without any warning. That's one less thing to worry about!

Guest payneardo
anyone else having issues with the screen rotation? Just updated to 1.1 and it keeps slining my phone into portrait when it shouldn't.....

Just about to post the same, if you turn off auto rotation it stays in landscape but with it turned on it stays on portrait ??

Guest MrMartay

Cheers Stephen. Downloaded 1.1 straight to my streak over wifi, took about 3 or 4 mins. Nice job as usual. :P

Edited by MrMartay

Guest cellopoly
I can confirm the rotation issue. It happened on previous builds but it's certainly worse in v1.1.

Thanks Steve for your continued work.

I had the same problem. Did a device wipe and the sensor works great. No problems so far :P

Guest cellopoly
As in a Factory Reset or data wipe through CW recovery?

Sorry did a factory reset from the dell recovery screen. I am not soo sure that was what worked though as I just restart and the orientation was locked to landscape again. Tried resetting again and the g-sensor is working perfectly again. Not too sure whats going on.

Guest brokenpixel

I've done factory restore with no luck on rotation issue, going back to beta v2 but my nandroid backup fails MD5 :P nice nandroid backup

*** UPDATE ***

Had to wipe once more and now I have proper rotation.

Edited by brokenpixel

Guest mancterrier
I've done factory restore with no luck on rotation issue, going back to beta v2 but my nandroid backup fails MD5 :P nice nandroid backup

*** UPDATE ***

You lost all your apps and settings doing that? :/

Guest mmmputch

*** UPDATE ***

How did you do a nandroid backup? Mine alyays fails when backing up the data partition.

Guest bostonguy
How did you do a nandroid backup? Mine alyays fails when backing up the data partition.

Steve, I'm on v. 1.0 and I've done all the build.prop (and whatever that boot.sh file was for battery life) tweaks and am really happy with your build so I'm going to hold off on 1.1 for now.

However I did want to thank you and let you know I just sent you enough for a couple pints!

:P

Confirmation number: 9HL0307747509070H

Keep up the great work, and thanks again.

-JS

Guest sukicat
anyone else having issues with the screen rotation? Just updated to 1.1 and it keeps slining my phone into portrait when it shouldn't.....

Can Confirm exactly the same thing clicking on Auto-Rotate setting make it lock on to Portrait mode !!!

Guest springah
Can Confirm exactly the same thing clicking on Auto-Rotate setting make it lock on to Portrait mode !!!

yep, same here. will titanium then factory wipe. *sigh.