DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest ashwincr

Steve I am on version 1.0 and the only thing that I needed from this build is the youtube playback fix. Did the stagefright libraries change or is it a kernel change, or is stagefright disabled in build.prop?

Guest brokenpixel
How did you do a nandroid backup? Mine alyays fails when backing up the data partition.

The regular way, turn on with vol+ vol-, option 2, select nandroid on clockworkmod. no issues doing backup, but recovery is a no go for me, fails MD5 check :S

You lost all your apps and settings doing that? :/

Yes, but I used titanium backup to backup before, only lost some data that I forgot to backup but nothing to worry. Short answer, backup your apps and if it works for you use nandroid also.

Guest lbj23numb1
On rotation. Try running fix permissions under rom manager. Cleared up my issue.

when i try that i get "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"

Guest Mark ......

FWIW, I had the non-rotate issue with 1.0 and fixed it by going into Android settings - Display untick-tick auto-rotate and then ADW Launcher - "ADW Settings - Reset ADW"

Guest untrueparadox

installed 1.1

rotate works for me in adw. if it gets stuck, uncheck and check screen rotation in the system settings. i believe its under settings->display

by the way steve, for your black theme, the bluetooth icon on the taskbar is still black so its black on black. you might have missed it.

Edited by untrueparadox

Guest gigascsi

hi guys, i had tried to flash many times v1 and v1.1 but i don't know why my streak is stopped on dell's logo for hours. If I try to flash again Paul's 2.1 there's no problem.

Anybody can Help me????

hi guys, i had tried to flash many times v1 and v1.1 but i don't know why my streak is stopped on dell's logo for hours. If I try to flash again Paul's 2.1 there's no problem.

Anybody can Help me????

Try factory reset from recovery screen

Guest payneardo

still got problems with auto rotate was hoping I didn't have to do a factory reset but if I need to..

I use launcher pro and that is in landscape but when I open anything else it goes to portrait unless I turn auto rotate off and then it stays in landscape. I thought it may have been an adw setting so launched that and checked the settings but can't see anything in there.

Any more suggestions before I do a factory reset, and can anybody confirm that this will fix the problem ??

**EDIT** Mind you starting to quite like I can either have landscape or portrait and know it will stay like that.. :P

Just would like to say a Big thanx to DJ steve for keeping us up to date and Froyo rocks and soon as payday comes, donation is on it ways to you. and also a big thanx to everyone who has helped on here :D

Edited by payneardo

Guest geekrip

hello, while tryimg to dowload v1.1, had this warning msg?

Content contained "Exploit.Linux.Lotoor.b" virus. Details: Virus: Exploit.Linux.Lotoor.b; File: update-release-v1.1.zip; Sub File: Memory region/system/app/UniversalAndroot-1.6.2b5.apk/res/raw/exploid; Vendor: Kaspersky Labs; Engine error code: 0x00010000; Engine version: 8.0.1.23; Pattern version: 101027.042500.4177098; Pattern date: 2010.10.27 04:25:00

anyone had the same? false positive from kaspersky (will not be the first time :P )

Guest mancterrier

Went to bed last night with battery at 75%, woke up this morning with a system fc error. Turned phone back on and down to 20%. Not encouraging. Along with the rotate issue this might see me downgrade back to v1 as my battery life on that was superb.

Guest jamesturley28

Hi folks just install latest update. Downloaded and install on top of previous still have all apps and data: )

Can anyone explain how to change lcd to 160???

Edited by jamesturley28

Guest mancterrier

Mmm lost my final 20% in s little under an hour, is anyone else having battery problems?

Went to bed last night with battery at 75%, woke up this morning with a system fc error. Turned phone back on and down to 20%. Not encouraging. Along with the rotate issue this might see me downgrade back to v1 as my battery life on that was superb.

just updated to v1.1 and my streak is stuck at landscape in all screen, all apps.. tried both adw and launcher pro but still the same.. i never have issue with screen rotation before.. ermm i'm gonna try to live with landscape coz i'm so lazy to setup / install everything again..

Steve I am on version 1.0 and the only thing that I needed from this build is the youtube playback fix. Did the stagefright libraries change or is it a kernel change, or is stagefright disabled in build.prop?

disable the stagefright http setting in build.prop

Hi folks just install latest update. Downloaded and install on top of previous still have all apps and data: )

Can anyone explain how to change lcd to 160???

use root explorer, mount R/W .. open build.prop using text editor.. save and exit, then reboot streak.

Guest Vano3408
still got problems with auto rotate was hoping I didn't have to do a factory reset but if I need to..

I use launcher pro and that is in landscape but when I open anything else it goes to portrait unless I turn auto rotate off and then it stays in landscape. I thought it may have been an adw setting so launched that and checked the settings but can't see anything in there.

Any more suggestions before I do a factory reset, and can anybody confirm that this will fix the problem ??

**EDIT** Mind you starting to quite like I can either have landscape or portrait and know it will stay like that.. :P

Just would like to say a Big thanx to DJ steve for keeping us up to date and Froyo rocks and soon as payday comes, donation is on it ways to you. and also a big thanx to everyone who has helped on here :D

I have exactly same problem. Auto-rotation stopped working at all after upfate to 1.1. Switching it on and off, fixing permissions in ROM manager and resetting ADW did not help.

Factory reset is a last thing I want to do.. Any help appreciated Steve.

I run compass application and it working, I mean g-sensor itself is okay.

Guest RyanPhoner

I've also confirmed the rotation issue. After further testing I've found rotation works fine after restart however as soon as the phone is locked then unlocked it will get stuck again. I've restarted many times and this is very consistent. Any ideas?

Edited by RyanPhoner

Guest sukicat
Can Confirm exactly the same thing clicking on Auto-Rotate setting make it lock on to Portrait mode !!!

It Seems that after Flashing it again it still was not working I then Edited the Build.Prop and Rebooted again

It is now working Perfectly so not sure what cured it ..

Forget that Switched on this morning it was OK ..just put it on charge and switched it on and the problem is back !!

Edited by sukicat

Guest payneardo
It Seems that after Flashing it again it still was not working I then Edited the Build.Prop and Rebooted again

It is now working Perfectly so not sure what cured it ..

What did you edit in the build.prop just the LCD density?n