DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest darren cox

Darn people got there already! Was going to say I just used setCPU to change the govenor to ondemand...

Stephen, what other tweaks are there in that file - there must be a reason the govenor is not getting changed this time?

EDIT

Sorry Stephen didn't see that last post! Will it be a full update again or just a few files we can change...don't really want to wipe again just yet...

Edited by darren cox

Guest Stephen Hyde

i foudn the issue i think - stupid me decided to edit the files on my windows server to save uploading 80odd mb, - linux doesnt appreciate windows crlf line endings

Guest Stephen Hyde
Darn people got there already! Was going to say I just used setCPU to change the govenor to ondemand...

Stephen, what other tweaks are there in that file - there must be a reason the govenor is not getting changed this time?

EDIT

Sorry Stephen didn't see that last post! Will it be a full update again or just a few files we can change...don't really want to wipe again just yet...

ill upload the file seperate also but full update avail too

Guest User Error
install setcpu from xda devs and set it to on demand and your battery will improve

as a temp. measure i did, however it should do this natively. i have confidence stephen will figure out the cause and post a fix.

edit: too late lol

Edited by User Error

Guest Vano3408
the youtube app plays with rotation itself so wouldln surprise me if it screwed things up - will probly make a fixed update in next few days

anyone with battery issues please download tempcpuv2 from market and add widget to desktoop and watch the cpu speed see if it scales back from 998

It is not Steve... Loading CPU from 8% to 70% and back to 10% freq always on 998...

Guest Johnston411

@Stephen only meant it as a temp measure. hadn't seen the previous setcpu response or your reply till after I posted :P

overocking? sounds like someones had some kernel progress.

Guest Stephen Hyde
@Stephen only meant it as a temp measure. hadn't seen the previous setcpu response or your reply till after I posted :P

overocking? sounds like someones had some kernel progress.

lol note i said WHEN i get overclocking worked out lol. i can underclock and add extra cpu speeds but not get it to over clock yet (planning to add 122mhz, and a few steps between the other clock speeds cpu does - should help battery by not just clocking all the way up to 998 for everything

Guest Niner86

The update-cpu.zip how does that install fella? Is that through recovery by renaming it or just extract it and overwrite files in Root Explorer? Cheers

Guest User Error

tried installing the changes zip and it reported an error in the zip, had to reflash 1.1. flashed 1.1.1. cpu scaling, auto rotate seems to work. will see if this helps battery any. thanks!

Guest darren cox

so far with latest updates battery seems better... scaling seems to be OK and autorotate works haven't used Youtube yet though.

Thanks for fixing this so fast!

Only thing now is waiting to see what the official update brings that you can 'borrow' and of course that CM6 port...he he

Wouldn't it be nice if Dell had the Gingerbread SDK early and the official update was actually 2.3/3.0...I can dream!

Things are looking great now, just some minor issue, youtube still break auto rotation, even after going setting>display>auto rotate screen and adjust the setting. The only way is to reboot

Guest MrMediaGuy
Only thing now is waiting to see what the official update brings that you can 'borrow' and of course that CM6 port...he he

Wouldn't it be nice if Dell had the Gingerbread SDK early and the official update was actually 2.3/3.0...I can dream!

Yes, that would be a dream. :P Official Dell update coming soon is 2.2, however. Front camera is fixed, UI is no longer heavily skinned as in 1.6, just mostly stock 2.2 with some new widgets. And yes, very, very fast. :D

They've done a very nice job, IMHO.

Guest alert_bri
Yes, that would be a dream. :P Official Dell update coming soon is 2.2, however. Front camera is fixed, UI is no longer heavily skinned as in 1.6, just mostly stock 2.2 with some new widgets. And yes, very, very fast. :D

Sorry, have you seen the official Dell v2.2? how fast is very, very fast compared with Stephen's Froyo? I'm already very happy with the speed and stability of Stephen's Froyo release v1.0 :D

Cheers

Brian

Sounds like this was based on hands-on experience? Or a video...

Care to share either way? :D

Guest darren cox

Cool glad official 2.2 not a complete balls up!

Sounds like it's very close...if only some kind soul would upload it somewhere! Damn people and their integrity!

Oh the other hand, this latest version is still rockin'

Been off charger for > 1 hr and some light use and still at 100% battery without airplane mode - that's the best I've had so far!

Guest Spike8585

Thanks Steve, just updated to 1.1.1.

So I should uninstall setCPU now?

Does anyone know of an attractive widget to display CPU, Ram, SD card, Temp, ect. specs?

Edited by Spike8585