DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest vinokirk

Anyone else notice that when the streak is flat on a table the touch screen get really weird? Like only one in 10 presses on the capacative buttons work, and pressing backspace on swype presses other keys near it?

Guest parcsalooc
Anyone else notice that when the streak is flat on a table the touch screen get really weird? Like only one in 10 presses on the capacative buttons work, and pressing backspace on swype presses other keys near it?

I've noticed that on all my streaks. Been like that since 1.6

Guest parcsalooc
Done all the updates and streak seems OK now with the orientation. I set adw. To auto instead of just portrait which seems to help!

few others are questioning on irc. don't have my phone on hand. Questioning if they have updated successfully. Can anyone vouch if it states 1.1 or 1.1.1 on the about phone screen after applying update.

Guest irishwraith
few others are questioning on irc. don't have my phone on hand. Questioning if they have updated successfully. Can anyone vouch if it states 1.1 or 1.1.1 on the about phone screen after applying update.

Nice work on the 2.2. Im still having alot more droped calls than I used to and battery life is much better with 1.1 than 1.0 but still room for improvement I think.

just went to 1.1.1 and the about screen still stays 1.1

Guest sukicat
recovery or extract and copy the file in system/etc over the current one on ya device,

Hi I have allready edit the line to

busybox_1P8P1 sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=0

and it cured the orientation is there any thing else in the new 1.1.1 zip that needs to be done ?

P.S

is the Market down again because I am having problems downloading ?

Edited by sukicat

Guest Spike8585

I updated straight from 1.0 to 1.1.1, and the info states 1.1.

I am not sure what the orientation issues were, but I seem to be having some issues. I'll have to go back and re-read now that it applies to me.

cpu scales fine now probably it will improve batery life too, will do some testin thx for everything Steve

Hogy megy a Streak? :P

Apologize, it is only a hungarian meeting...not serious .)

Guest darren cox

3.75hrs in, been on standby - previously would expect 80 something battery left and just checked it's at 97% wow. Think you cracked it!

Really fast in use, and great battery life this ones a keeper!

Guest jnovello
Wow 100 pages... nice... :P

Did it again. Swore I would not move from V.2, but went to V1.1 and awoke from full charge to only losing 1% over 8hours! Love it. Thank you once again.

Guest tonymenocal

Orientation is working however sometimes a reboot is necessary.. has anyone done a mobile speed test lately, I am having very poor network performance in the same spot I stream anime everyday.. I downgraded, and it jumped back up to almost 2 mb, however 1.1 I was barely scrathing 1meg, and 480p streaming was impossible. just my observation. Off topic question, does anyone know why large avi files fail on dl. Astro has been configured to allow browser downloads but this does not solve it??

Guest parcsalooc
Orientation is working however sometimes a reboot is necessary.. has anyone done a mobile speed test lately, I am having very poor network performance in the same spot I stream anime everyday.. I downgraded, and it jumped back up to almost 2 mb, however 1.1 I was barely scrathing 1meg, and 480p streaming was impossible. just my observation. Off topic question, does anyone know why large avi files fail on dl. Astro has been configured to allow browser downloads but this does not solve it??

Must be your tower. i'm getting between 1450-2250 on speedtest in same location

Guest boboskins

Loving the Froyo - and v1.1.1 seems to be holding up extremely well (luckily not had many of the bugs other have reported).

I am however still desperate to swap out the internal sdhc card for a larger one. Another thread on here suggests that this can be done, but required a modded build.img file (the thread is based upon using 2.1). Given the amount of work done by Steve & others on getting Froyo to us, I am guessing that the build.img has changed quite a bit from Eclair.

So my big question (or more accurately begging) is this - is there anyone able/willing to produce an modded build.img file to allow the swap of sdhc cards. I would guess that it is a move a lot of people would like to do enventually - especially once the process has become straightforward.

Here's hoping...

Bob

Loving the Froyo - and v1.1.1 seems to be holding up extremely well (luckily not had many of the bugs other have reported).

I am however still desperate to swap out the internal sdhc card for a larger one. Another thread on here suggests that this can be done, but required a modded build.img file (the thread is based upon using 2.1). Given the amount of work done by Steve & others on getting Froyo to us, I am guessing that the build.img has changed quite a bit from Eclair.

So my big question (or more accurately begging) is this - is there anyone able/willing to produce an modded build.img file to allow the swap of sdhc cards. I would guess that it is a move a lot of people would like to do enventually - especially once the process has become straightforward.

Here's hoping...

Bob

Here is a guide to do it http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Dell-Streak-Teardown/3512/1

Guest Dogmann55

Hi Steve

Great work yet again and many thanks for your latest update as my Streak just keeps on getting better and better by the way still waiting to arrange getting my spare Streak to you.

Marc