DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest icediced

Great update, my battery life has improved dramatically!

However, the only problem I have is really poor video playback - the default player is fine (except for the green band on top of some videos and the colour issues reported), but all other players have playback issues. Slow downs, or doesn't play at all! Rockplayer doesn't work the same as it did >_<, and Video Live Wallpaper isn't usable any more....maybe something to do with the CPU again??

Still, great update. Hope that gets fixed along with wifi tethering =]

Guest neostephan10

Hi steve,thanx for the froyo on streak.it is superb.but i have a problem with the videos that i play from my gallery,they have a green band on top and and after 5sec of playback on the left side of the screen it comes written 'this file is audio only'.

Can you just help me out with this.i had encountered with this problem on v1,thought that it would be rectified in next release.but still have the same problem.can you tell me how can i help you find a solution for this - like any log or anything else.i dont know much as streak is my first android smartphone and i'm a noob too.

Please help.

Edited by neostephan10

Guest icediced
Hi steve,thanx for the froyo on streak.it is superb.but i have a problem with the videos that i play from my gallery,they have a green band on top and and after 5sec of playback on the left side of the screen it comes written 'this file is audio only'.

Can you just help me out with this.i had encountered with this problem on v,thought that it would be rectified in next release.but still have the same problem.can you tell me how can i help you find a solution for this - like any log or anything else.i dont know much as streak is my first android smartphone and i'm a noob too.

Please help.

That's exactly the issue I have too (and also the slow downs when using video players other than the default).

Guest zrospeed
auto-rotation fix.

Remove the line

busybox_1P8P1 sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=1

from /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh

I don't know why. But if this line is present the logcat shows:

E/SensorHAL( 127): [WH Lee] sensors_data_poll:: mask is zero!! sActiveSensors:0

E/SensorHAL( 127): [WH Lee] sensors_data_device_poll-sensor_of_pick:0

D/SensorManager( 127): _sensors_data_poll() failed, we bail out.

when you toggle Auto-rotate-screen in Settings/Display.

It should show something like:

I/WindowManager( 131): Setting rotation to 3, animFlags=0

I/ActivityManager( 131): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=505/2 loc=en_GB touch=3 keys=1/1/2 nav=1/1 orien=2 layout=268435490 uiMode=17 seq=8}

D/PhoneApp( 216): updateProximitySensorMode: state = IDLE

I/PhoneApp( 216): proximitySensorModeEnabled = true

D/PhoneApp( 216): updateProximitySensorMode: lock already released.

does this work on the v1.1.1?

i hate having to reboot everytime i play something on youtube for auto orientation to kick in. hehe. steve, thanks again for putting up quick fixes for the minor bugs.

........just noticed this. in market, all apps are there i think. i can see skype fring etc. but for some reason i cant view more than i think 10-15 apps on results, like search results though its saying 1000+ matches found. it just wont load more than what i mentioned. i think i read this before but its too far back to look for it. if not help ill reread everything again. thanks in advance.

oh i did, clear data and clear cache after i forced stopped youtube app in application manager, didnt help.

edit: did some searching. someone suggeted going to landscape while on market and scroll down til other apps load then go back to portrait mode and the loading will continue when scrolling down. it worked. and this is steves response to that:

"that bug was in 1.6 also i suspect its something in the market app itself (which since its closed source is out of my hands)"

.....im still a happy camper :P

Edited by zrospeed

Guest Texaspledge

I UNinstalled the latest youtube update and that one doesn't mess with the orientation settings it would appear. I'm ok doing that for now.

Edited by Texaspledge

Guest simpl3lang
I UNinstalled the latest youtube update and that one doesn't mess with the orientation settings it would appear. I'm ok doing that for now.

I had that idea too. But still no go for me. Let me try again, maybe second time is a charm :P

Guest Stephen Hyde

1.1.1 has the line that screws rotation disabled already

Also i know i never say it but im very very grateful for all the kind and polite words and patience of users here and the other forums i post at. it again proves exactly why i enjoy and continue to want to do porting/development of android on devices.. the community sprit is nothing short of absolutely stunning.

Im humbled and honored to be able to bring newer oses and custom changes to the streak and other devices i will/am be working on.

Thanks again to everyone for their patience. Testing and generally helping each other out also.. couldnt of done it without you all

Steve

Guest yosemite-sam

Also i know i never say it but im very very grateful for all the kind and polite words and patience of users here and the other forums i post at. it again proves exactly why i enjoy and continue to want to do porting/development of android on devices.. the community sprit is nothing short of absolutely stunning.

Im humbled and honored to be able to bring newer oses and custom changes to the streak and other devices i will/am be working on.

Thanks again to everyone for their patience. Testing and generally helping each other out also.. couldnt of done it without you all

Steve

Thank You too for all your hard work :P

Guest zrospeed

Steve

no thank you.... made my android experience phenomenal (use to be a iphone user).

steve. im on v1.1.1 and i tried the widget, tempcu. is it suppose to not go 998Mhz? mine jumps from 245 to 998 (and other numbers in between) then back to 245. im guessing the Mhz is also base on the application running? on idle, when nothings running or im not moving around the screen or touching anything while screens on, im on 245Mhz.

battery life so far with updating my streak to v1.1.1: 40mins of normal usage not excessive, still on 100%. but then again when i replaced the ini.qcom.post_boot.sh file yesterday....4hours of usage (some video watching too) my battery was still 100%. then out of the blue it went down to 82%. it was funny cause i was bragging to my friend who has a iphone 4 how my battery lasted 4hrs without a single percentage drain. lol

Edited by zrospeed

Guest Stephen Hyde
no thank you.... made my android experience phenomenal (use to be a iphone user).

steve. im on v1.1.1 and i tried the widget, tempcu. is it suppose to not go 998Mhz? mine jumps from 245 to 998 (and other numbers in between) then back to 245. im guessing the Mhz is also base on the application running? on idle, when nothings running or im not moving around the screen or touching anything while screens on, im on 245Mhz.

battery life so far with updating my streak to v1.1.1: 40mins of normal usage not excessive, still on 100%. but then again when i replaced the ini.qcom.post_boot.sh file....4hours of usage (some video watching too) my battery was still 100%. then out of the blue it went down to 82%. it was funny cause i was bragging to my friend who has a iphone 4 how my battery lasted 4hrs without a single percentage drain. lol

j

The speed should jump up and down in normal use.. issue was previously it was sitting at 998 permanently which is bad

Guest zrospeed
j

The speed should jump up and down in normal use.. issue was previously it was sitting at 998 permanently which is bad

kewl. i thought i did something wrong. loving it. you rock...and to everyone who contributed THAAAAANKS.

Guest simpl3lang

does the disabled line also work for the youtube app? right now sensor orientation is great as long as no video is played on youtube. youtube messes it up. im about to uninstall the youtube update to see if it fixes it.

i heart the dell streak community.

edit....

uninstalling youtube update does not fix it for me. i guess second time is no charm lol. lucky Texaspledge.

Edited by simpl3lang

Guest mythbuster

Hey, I have a quick question. Is the build number supposed to be 1.1.1, or still 1.1?

I installed, but I didn't have to do my normal factory restore, so I'm not too sure.

Thanks!

Guest gingernator

I can't comprehend what this thing will be like with the correct kernel for froyo, it's amazing what Steve has done considering the terrible source code releases. I would like to think Dell have learnt their lesson and we'll see the source code released on the same day as the update but I won't hold my breath.

From my experience with my Hero I can tell you that the best rom devs always seem to come from the UK (and the north specifically!)

Guest gingernator
So, since this is a passively cooled device, is overclocking not even worth looking at?

I don't know of a phone that's actively cooled and I've been overclocking my Hero none stop for about a year, so as soon as we have a modded kernel we should be able to overclock.

Guest User Error

Battery life is far better on this build, took mine off charger at 4pm with about 80%, been using it for internet, a couple long phone convos and its at 60% now at 830 pm.

Great job Stephen! Can't wait to see what you've got instore for us next.

Is the latest upload corrupt as I can't flash it properly and I have tried redownloading several times?

I just downloaded and it worked fine.... just still have the orientation issue and trying to avoid the reset.

can anyone please confirm or deny the battery drain issue still exists with 1.1 ?

with 2.1 i'm getting 2 to 3 days standby with 2.2v1 i was getting 6hrs

is this still the case ?

Edited by ipguy

Guest jnovello
can anyone please confirm or deny the battery drain issue still exists with 1.1 ?

with 2.1 i'm getting 2 to 3 days standby with 2.2v1 i was getting 6hrs

is this still the case ?

Battery drain is not an issue. I too left V1 due to immense battery drain. Since V1.1 I lost 1% overnight and have had 80% through most of the day with WiFi on all day and live wallpapers running.

Battery drain is not an issue. I too left V1 due to immense battery drain. Since V1.1 I lost 1% overnight and have had 80% through most of the day with WiFi on all day and live wallpapers running.

awesome !!! thx jnovello

thank u so much Steve.. now the rotation issue has been fixed! hehe but i notice the build number shown in the phone is still version 1.1.. not 1.1.1.. so i wonder if mine flash correctly or not..