DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

thank u so much Steve.. now the rotation issue has been fixed! hehe but i notice the build number shown in the phone is still version 1.1.. not 1.1.1.. so i wonder if mine flash correctly or not..

I downloaded the v.1.1.1 twice and the rotation issue is still there after I run youtube. Damn Yooutube. ;(

Guest vinokirk
Is the latest upload corrupt as I can't flash it properly and I have tried redownloading several times?

Try this:

-wipe system/data/cache in clockwork

-flash 1.1

-reboot with volume keys held and choose factory reset from dell menu then wait

(credit to OP :P )

Guest mmmputch

Does anyone else's wifi not connect automatically after waking from sleep? Every time I wake the streak, I have to go to the wifi settings and hit scan for it to connect again.

Guest RedSlug
Does anyone else's wifi not connect automatically after waking from sleep? Every time I wake the streak, I have to go to the wifi settings and hit scan for it to connect again.

Yes I get this also. I'm not sure which release introduced it. But I figured it would get fixed eventually.

It's very frustrating! LOL

Guest Mark ......

Have applied 1.1.1 to my 1.0 release!

The update worked fine:

- CPU scaling is now happening fine

- Everything else that worked before is working now!

- Battery seems to be draining much slower *yay*

App issues after 1.0 and 1.1.1:

- Had to manually uninstall and then install busybox (from market) to get apps to work including - LCD Density, eStrongs file explorer (root), etc

Warnings for those on 2.1 going to 2.2

- If your WPA Enterprise is currently working, it may not work with 2.2. This is a known bug detailed here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8804 Apparently it has been "fixed" in the cyanogen 2.2 mod

Guest Stephen Hyde
Yes I get this also. I'm not sure which release introduced it. But I figured it would get fixed eventually.

It's very frustrating! LOL

Wifi has minor issues but mine connects back up fine

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

Before i went to bed i used task killer to kill all apps and i put it in airplane mode. Went to bed with 22% battery. I wake up now to 23%. Using basic maths, my battery will never run out. Excellent. Thanks so much steve, youve made my streak live for ever

Guest vinokirk
Before i went to bed i used task killer to kill all apps and i put it in airplane mode. Went to bed with 22% battery. I wake up now to 23%. Using basic maths, my battery will never run out. Excellent. Thanks so much steve, youve made my streak live for ever

vinokirk likes this :P

Guest alert_bri

:P

Guest spences10

Yay :P

Does anyone else have rotation issues after using YouTube?

Rotation works fine apart from when i use you tube it gets locked and i have to reboot to get it working again.

Guest dellaws

I installed the Update from the sd card almost four times now, I did format the system, data and cache before installing as instructed, then I also did a Factory reset all four times but I am still Stuck at Dell Logo, I am coming from 2.1 to froyo v1.1.1.......Any Help Guys???

Stuck at Dell Logo :P

Guest Stephen Hyde
I installed the Update from the sd card almost four times now, I did format the system, data and cache before installing as instructed, then I also did a Factory reset all four times but I am still Stuck at Dell Logo, I am coming from 2.1 to froyo v1.1.1.......Any Help Guys???

How long are you wating? first boot takes a bit

Guest dellaws

I have even tried different recovery images after the installation, and now am just trying Factory Reset to get the device started, but its stuck at Dell Logo, WHen I installed update v1, it didn't take this long actually, I am coming from 2.1 now, so do I need to first install v1, then v1.1 and finally 1.1.1???

or can I just flash straight away from 2.1 to froyo v1.1.1 ?

Guest vinokirk

Try this:

-flash 1.1

(credit to OP )

Guest dellaws
Try this:

-flash 1.1

(credit to OP )

THx mate, but I have already tried that, I have already wiped system, data and cache before installing in clockwork, but if I am getting you right, you are asking me to first install 1.1 and then upgrade to v1.1.1? or it just doesn't matter!!!

Guest dellaws
THx mate, but I have already tried that, I have already wiped system, data and cache before installing in clockwork, but if I am getting you right, you are asking me to first install 1.1 and then upgrade to v1.1.1? or it just doesn't matter!!!

ok it's been 10 minutes now and still loading and stuck at Dell Logo :P

Guest vinokirk
ok it's been 10 minutes now and still loading and stuck at Dell Logo :D

Try this:

-Wipe system/data/cache in clockwork.

-Flash 1.1.1 (or your desired version) and then turn the Streak off.

-Now Factory Reset the device before you start it up again (reboot with volume keys held and choose factory reset from dell menu)

-Then wait 5-10 mins for it to fully boot

(credit to OP)

Sorry, I've just modified it a bit :P

Guest vinokirk
Took my phone off charge at 05:00, it's now 08:00 and battery is at 75%.... eeeeek :P

Now from 08:00 to 10:00 it's gone down 1% to 74%.

I'm at work and my phones just been in my pocket.

Weird...

Guest dellaws
Try this:

-Wipe system/data/cache in clockwork.

-Flash 1.1.1 (or your desired version) and then turn the Streak off.

-Now Factory Reset the device before you start it up again (reboot with volume keys held and choose factory reset from dell menu)

-Then wait 5-10 mins for it to fully boot

(credit to OP)

Sorry, I've just modified it a bit :P

THanks buddy, Trying it right now!

For the people that have mentioned in the past about the phones rebooting on their own constantly, i've never had any problems with these froyo builds been running 0.3 pretty much constantly with no problems at all, i installed an app "pandora" a couple of days ago since then my phone has been rebooting every hour or so and fading out on screen lock but the screen never fully goes black, got rid of the app and the problem has stopped again, when i had this issue on the dell roms i think i mentioned on here at the time i thought it was more to do with one of the apps i had installed, after uninstalling a few the problem stopped, anyway.. basically what i'm trying to get to is if you are having the reboot issues you need to check your apps this will be the cause it's nothing to do with the builds, i've had the issue now twice and wether it's the froyo build or dell's builds both times it's been dodgy apps and easily fixed.

Guest dellaws

I don't know why i keep getting stuck at dell logo, when I upgraded to v1 I was up and running within 4 minutes but ever since v1.1 been released, I haven't been able to able to upgrade to it inspite oding everything mentioned here :P

WHat's going On???

its been 8 minutes again and I am still on Dell Logo and I swear I am following all the steps just as they are instructed :D