DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest haynesteve

Having problems with keyboards on v.1.1.1

Stock keyboard and the split keyboard work fine, but when I try to use Better keyboard or Ultra, I get a lot of FCs :P

Tried re-installing keyboards and changing LCD density - no go.

Is this down to the firmware or the apps ?

Guest dellaws

Now it has been 14 minutes and still on Dell Logo, I guess this build will Never work on my Streak, Will have to downgrade to 2.1 :P

but when I am in 2.1 my Market gives Download Unsuccessful msg all the time, 2.1 sucks, Froyo ROcks but Only If I can Have it!!!

Too Bad for me, I am the only one with this Issue, It's Strange, WOnder Why I am not able to flash from 2.1 to upate v1.1.1???

Guest Jaythered

Hey there, I have installed DJ Steve's 2.2 Froyo update onto my O2 Dell Streak.

However, I now have the following problem and need some help as I use this phone all day for everything:

3G doesn't seem to work but I do get a signal for mobile data called "H" which I've never noticed before. Is this okay or am I going to get charged for data use on "H"?

When I go into maps, the "H" data connection drops completely and I am unable to use GPS. I also then have to reboot to the "H" signal back in order to use internet.

(I got the APN settings from O2)

Edited by Jaythered

Guest pompeyboyz

However, I now have the following problem and need some help as I use this phone all day for everything:

3G doesn't seem to work but I do get a signal for mobile data called "H" which I've never noticed before. Is this okay or am I going to get charged for data use on "H"?

When I go into maps, the "H" data connection drops completely and I am unable to use GPS. I also then have to reboot to the "H" signal back in order to use internet.

"H" indicates that you are in an HSDPA connection area which is better than 3G. Some call it 3.5G and others 4G... it is not a problem but a good thing. why it drops off in maps though I couldn't answer

Guest jamezwarner

The answer to both these questions is in this thread!

James

Guest MrMartay
Now it has been 14 minutes and still on Dell Logo, I guess this build will Never work on my Streak, Will have to downgrade to 2.1 :P

but when I am in 2.1 my Market gives Download Unsuccessful msg all the time, 2.1 sucks, Froyo ROcks but Only If I can Have it!!!

Too Bad for me, I am the only one with this Issue, It's Strange, WOnder Why I am not able to flash from 2.1 to upate v1.1.1???

when it gets stuck, pull the battery, wait 10 seconds, replace and restart

Guest vinokirk

If your stuck on Dell logo after flashing v1.1.1:

Try this:

-Wipe system/data/cache in clockwork.

-Flash 1.1.1 (or your desired version) and then turn the Streak off.

-Now Factory Reset the device before you start it up again (reboot with volume keys held and choose factory reset from dell menu)

-Then wait 5-10 mins for it to fully boot

(credit to OP)

Guest andycap

I don't think you can go from 2.1 straight to 1.1.1 as it is only an incramental update. Try flashing v1 then do the 1.1.1 and see how it goes.

Guest banterbay
For the people that have mentioned in the past about the phones rebooting on their own constantly, i've never had any problems with these froyo builds been running 0.3 pretty much constantly with no problems at all, i installed an app "pandora" a couple of days ago since then my phone has been rebooting every hour or so and fading out on screen lock but the screen never fully goes black, got rid of the app and the problem has stopped again, when i had this issue on the dell roms i think i mentioned on here at the time i thought it was more to do with one of the apps i had installed, after uninstalling a few the problem stopped, anyway.. basically what i'm trying to get to is if you are having the reboot issues you need to check your apps this will be the cause it's nothing to do with the builds, i've had the issue now twice and wether it's the froyo build or dell's builds both times it's been dodgy apps and easily fixed.

You are very right I think. I have used all Steve's Froyo builds from the very first one to V1.1.1 I have never had one issue of my streak rebooting itself. It must be apps related as u have stated.

Guest vinokirk
Not off hand, I posted the fix for data dropping out on GPS use - there is a search tool :P

Search engine is pants on this forum, you can't search for specific posts in a specific thread. Unless somone can correct me, it would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

The only thing I can see is goin to 'Search' and 'More Options' then selecting 'Dell Streak - Streak.MoDaCo.com' under 'Device Specific'. But you can search a spcific thread.

Guest sukicat
Do I need to flash 1.1 and then 1.1.1?

Yes if you check the size of the Zips 1.1.1 is just a small update which you you do after Flashing v1.1.

but I am not sure if the v1.1.1 update is now incorporated in the v1.1.

just checked and v1.1.1 is now the full zip.

Edited by sukicat

Guest jannism

That is not entirely correct. As sukicat has just stated, update-release-1.1.1.zip is the full package (basically v1.1 incorporating the minor update init.qcom.post_boot.sh). As Steve said in an earlier post (http://android.modaco.com/content-page/319728/dell-streak-froyo-build-beta-version-1-1-1-released/page/1940/#1957), you can either flash the whole thing or if you are already on 1.1 you can unzip and apply the update manually. You can also flash the small update.zip via recovery.

Edited by jannism

Guest foxfire235
Yes if you check the size of the Zips 1.1.1 is just a small update which you you do after Flashing v1.1.

but I am not sure if the v1.1.1 update is now incorporated in the v1.1.

just checked and v1.1.1 is now the full zip.

Thanks I reflashed and Gallery is there now.

Guest sukicat

Not Sure if anyone has had this problem but if I Change the ADW Theme which I normally do and I use Lcd = 160

Which I prefer evey time I have Flashed a new Zip it seems to crash the ADW and have to do a Factory Reset which of course

wipes it clean !!,

I am thinking this must be with the LCD setting and it going back to 140 causes a Problem with other Themes or maybe it's something else ?

Its a bit of a ask but any chance of having 2 Update Zips one with 140 and one with 160 that's if that is the problem.

Edited by sukicat

Guest vinokirk
That is not entirely correct. As sukicat has just stated, update-release-1.1.1.zip is the full package (basically v1.1 incorporating the minor update init.qcom.post_boot.sh). As Steve said in an earlier post, you can either flash the whole thing or if you are already on 1.1 you can unzip and apply the update manually. It seems to suggest you can also flash the small update.zip directly.

I stand corrected :P

Guest neostephan10
Hi steve,thanx for the froyo on streak.it is superb.but i have a problem with the videos that i play from my gallery,they have a green band on top and and after 5sec of playback on the left side of the screen it comes written 'this file is audio only'.

Can you just help me out with this.i had encountered with this problem on v1,thought that it would be rectified in next release.but still have the same problem.can you tell me how can i help you find a solution for this - like any log or anything else.i dont know much as streak is my first android smartphone and i'm a noob too.

Please help.

Doesn't anyone have an solution to this problem?

Guest jannism
I stand corrected :D

Sorry. Came out all wrong :P . I knew what I meant to say when I started it's just that the words I typed endeed up being completely different. :D

Look to the bottom left of the thread..

Search engine is pants on this forum, you can't search for specific posts in a specific thread. Unless somone can correct me, it would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

The only thing I can see is goin to 'Search' and 'More Options' then selecting 'Dell Streak - Streak.MoDaCo.com' under 'Device Specific'. But you can search a spcific thread.