DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Does the GPS lock to a UK server/tower? If one were to live stateside, what would they need to edit in order to get a quicker fix on position?

it gets its pre-data from google...

it syncs to uk based ntp though, to get a time stamp I think

so you could try one of the gazillion us based ntp servers .

edit gps.conf should be self explanatory

Guest epik.david

the fix is awesome i now have much better battery life and everything works fine and fast thank you steve and the others who helped

the only issue i have is sometimes the wifi signal dropd and goes back up and it causes lagg

except this the rom is awesome thx again

Guest RichB93

Don't suppose anyone could give me a hand with flashing this? I finally decided to give it a go and I've not even been able to flash ClockworkMod Recovery! I've done the required steps over ADB (setting the bit that allows ClockworkMod to not be overwritten) and I've flashed ClockworkMod to the Streak but it still comes up with the default recovery :) Any help would be appreciated! :)

Guest tonymenocal
it gets its pre-data from google...

it syncs to uk based ntp though, to get a time stamp I think

so you could try one of the gazillion us based ntp servers .

edit gps.conf should be self explanatory

Thanks very much!!! Will give this a go once I locate an appropriate ntp server, and will edit with root explorer.

=-)

Guest spences10
Don't suppose anyone could give me a hand with flashing this? I finally decided to give it a go and I've not even been able to flash ClockworkMod Recovery! I've done the required steps over ADB (setting the bit that allows ClockworkMod to not be overwritten) and I've flashed ClockworkMod to the Streak but it still comes up with the default recovery :( Any help would be appreciated! :)

Flash the recovery from terminal:

su

flash_image recovery /your/recovery/location/recoveryCW.img

reboot

:)

Guest neostephan10

Is this supposed to be like this or some other way?

when i boot into clockworkmod recovery i get the clockworkmod menu in green on the top part of the screen near the capacitive buttons and near the bottom its written

Clockworkmod recovery v 2.5.0.1

E:can't find MISC

Guest rockymtnbri
Is this supposed to be like this or some other way?

when i boot into clockworkmod recovery i get the clockworkmod menu in green on the top part of the screen near the capacitive buttons and near the bottom its written

Clockworkmod recovery v 2.5.0.1

Yes. It looks like something went wrong but you're on the correct screen at that point.

Guest JackDupp

I know this has been mentioned multiple times, but I haven't found an answer...

Does anyone have a workaround for the "slide to unlock" gesture getting stuck? It seems to only happen if I've had the phone in my pants pocket. Maybe my leg is triggering some touch event?

It's really embarrassing showing my Streak to other people when they can't even unlock the darn thing.

Thanks!

Edited by JackDupp

Guest neostephan10
Yes. It looks like something went wrong but you're on the correct screen at that point.

Do you get the same screen.or anything different.can you tell what went wrong.

As long as you have the other options such as Flash .zip from SD or whatever, you can ignore those messages.

I have those messages on my custom recovery too.

Guest neostephan10

Thanx for your help.i asked this out of curiosity if this has any problems in flashing the rom or other functions of recovery.

Thanx anyways.

Anybody got issues with the Market? Always getting "download unsuccessful". Can't work out if it is me, the build (1.1.1) or the market. Worked in the morning.

Already tried force closing the Market and clearing all data from Manage Applications in Settings. No success so far.

Edited by Magxs

There is a thread about the market currently having problems.

Anybody got issues with the Market? Always getting "download unsuccessful". Can't work out if it is me, the build (1.1.1) or the market. Worked in the morning.

Already tried force closing the Market and clearing all data from Manage Applications in Settings. No success so far.

Guest ClippinWings
Thanks very much!!! Will give this a go once I locate an appropriate ntp server, and will edit with root explorer.

=-)

top line in the file... change "uk" to "us"

uk.pool.ntp.org

becomes

us.pool.ntp.org

Yes, sorry. Saw that. Was posting here because it's been quiet there today and I have not seen this mentioned in other forums. I therefore fear it is related to the build or me messing it up when flashing. Although everything else is great.

Oh well, maybe it sorts itself...

There is a thread about the market currently having problems.
Edited by Magxs

Guest RichB93
Flash the recovery from terminal:

su

flash_image recovery /your/recovery/location/recoveryCW.img

reboot

:)

Epic fail on my behalf. I assumed that it wasn't working because I didn't see CM straight away. Thanks for the help! :):)

Edited by RichB93

Guest RichB93

Well I've got it flashed now but it took a while to boot and then the system stopped responding. Removed the battery and it's rebooting now, but taking a very long time doing so.

Still sat there. Should I reflash?

Reflashed. Before I reboot should I clear data partitions etc?

Final post edit (:)) : I've just rebooted and I'll leave it to sit there like the instructions say rather than being impatient :)

Edited by RichB93

Guest dellaws
Well I've got it flashed now but it took a while to boot and then the system stopped responding. Removed the battery and it's rebooting now, but taking a very long time doing so.

Still sat there. Should I reflash?

Reflashed. Before I reboot should I clear data partitions etc?

Final post edit (:)) : I've just rebooted and I'll leave it to sit there like the instructions say rather than being impatient :)

Hey were you able to Flash it correctly because I waited for like 14 minutes and my Streak was stuck at Dell Logo :(

It's weird, I have wiped all the system, data and cache as advised and applied the update.zip like three times already but every time I am stuck at Dell Logo DOn't know what am I doing wrong, why in the world do I have to go through this aaarrrrghghhh!!

My Primary phone - Streak- not workin right now, its very deppressing!

Guest RichB93
Hey were you able to Flash it correctly because I waited for like 14 minutes and my Streak was stuck at Dell Logo :)

It's weird, I have wiped all the system, data and cache as advised and applied the update.zip like three times already but every time I am stuck at Dell Logo DOn't know what am I doing wrong, why in the world do I have to go through this aaarrrrghghhh!!

My Primary phone - Streak- not workin right now, its very deppressing!

Same here unfortunately. Looks like I'll be going back to 2.1 at this rate :)