DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Have you done a simple Factory Reset from the first recovery screen?

Hey were you able to Flash it correctly because I waited for like 14 minutes and my Streak was stuck at Dell Logo :)

It's weird, I have wiped all the system, data and cache as advised and applied the update.zip like three times already but every time I am stuck at Dell Logo DOn't know what am I doing wrong, why in the world do I have to go through this aaarrrrghghhh!!

My Primary phone - Streak- not workin right now, its very deppressing!

Guest RichB93
Have you done a simple Factory Reset from the first recovery screen?

I've just done this and OMFG. Thanks a million mate, REALLY appreciate it! :) :)

Okay, WOW. This makes it a completely different beast!! It's so damn snappy now it's unbelievable!

Edited by RichB93

You could have saved yourself a load of time and hassle if you'd have searched this thread.... that fix has been mentioned about 30 times

I've just done this and OMFG. Thanks a million mate, REALLY appreciate it! :) :)

Okay, WOW. This makes it a completely different beast!! It's so damn snappy now it's unbelievable!

Guest RichB93
You could have saved yourself a load of time and hassle if you'd have searched this thread.... that fix has been mentioned about 30 times

True and I apologize for being a pain. Was just itching to try it out and the thought of looking through a hundred pages made me cry haha!

Guest bek1977

I love the updates coming...

I know it has been mentioned that Youtube breaks the accelerometer/orientation but I just tried to play Speedx 3D and the accelerometer dosen't work and then the orientation stops working and I have to reboot. Nevermind it worked after reboot for Speedx 3D.

thanks for all the hard work

Edited by bek1977

Guest MrMartay
Hey were you able to Flash it correctly because I waited for like 14 minutes and my Streak was stuck at Dell Logo :)

It's weird, I have wiped all the system, data and cache as advised and applied the update.zip like three times already but every time I am stuck at Dell Logo DOn't know what am I doing wrong, why in the world do I have to go through this aaarrrrghghhh!!

My Primary phone - Streak- not workin right now, its very deppressing!

When it gets stuck, pull the battery, count to ten, replace and restart

Guest dellaws
i have mentioned it about 4 times today :)

I know you have mentioned it so many times mate, but it simply doesn't fix the problem for me, I am still stuck on Dell Logo for more than 15 minutes, even after doing a Factory Reset like three times now :)

I really don't want to go back to that sucky 2.1 :(

Guest Dominic Watson

Brilliant work, thank you so much :)

One thing, is there a way to replace the notifications bar with the android original or some other modded version? I've done a fair bit of searching and drawn blanks...

TIA

Dominic

Guest dellaws

I think I will have to try the update v1 first, may be that's why its causing trouble, dont know guys, I am just stuck in this dilemma, I have re-flashed v1.1.1 again and did a Factory Reset again, just waiting to see if it would work this time!

Guest jannism

One thing, is there a way to replace the notifications bar with the android original or some other modded version? I've done a fair bit of searching and drawn blanks...

TIA

Dominic

Do you mean the O2 one? If so, this has been discussed before and afaik there are no plans to integrate this into Stephen's build.

I would suggest either...

Reference this post...

or

Use This guide to downgrade all the way back to 1.6 then work your way back up to 2.2 doing a factory reset after every update.

but try the first option first if you haven't yet.

I know you have mentioned it so many times mate, but it simply doesn't fix the problem for me, I am still stuck on Dell Logo for more than 15 minutes, even after doing a Factory Reset like three times now :)

I really don't want to go back to that sucky 2.1 :)

Guest sukicat

TIA

Dominic

Try this one it is different (it is in English)

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...-froyo-stephen/

Edited by sukicat

Guest dellaws
Try this one it is different (it is in English)

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...-froyo-stephen/

Ok It Worked this time, it booted after almost 7-8 minutes, I had to flash it like three four times but it works, THank You so Much to all the guys who tried to help me, you guys really makeme believe that their are good people in the world :)

I got my Iphone 4 -32GB stolen from me, and was awfully sad, then came home and wanted to upgrade my streak to froyo, finally I feel at least a little bit better, Thanks Steve, Thanks Guys :)

Guest boboskins

Thanks Jutley - nice tear down pics. Will be useful when I get around to this. Sadly not quite what I need - to get a larger sdhc card to work I think it needs changes to the build.img

There is another thread (hardware hacking this puppy) that has a modded build file but this is for eclair. With our shiny new Froyo I am not sure this will work though.

Bob

Think I ballsed the updat process. Fairly drunk last nite follow a not entirely uneventful disciplinary at work...Gone back to 1...Im guessing this shoulda been incrimental?

err you still drunk?

Think I ballsed the updat process. Fairly drunk last nite follow a not entirely uneventful disciplinary at work...Gone back to 1...Im guessing this shoulda been incrimental?

Guest vinokirk

Anyone else use Swype? Have you noticed that with the power plugged in and you draw a straight line on the swype keyboard, its all over the place?! Yet when you take it off charge and draw a straight line on the swype keyboard, its fine!

Guest Dominic Watson
Brilliant thanks, I'll give it a whirl. I just discovered the "search in thread" input hidden away at the bottom of the page too, doh.

Dominic

The theme is great. Another triumph of FOSS :)

Guest dellaws

OK I rebooted my Streak andonce again Stuck at Dell Logo, Tired of Flashing the ROm again and again, may be something I am doing wrong but I followed all the steps???

Guest payneardo

Anbody had a problem where the screen just goes black and you have to do a battery pull to get back on, mines done it a couple of times now ??

**Edit** just done it again and only just started to do it??

Also market playing silly beggars again tonight.. Come on google please sort this, maybe some of the people on here could give google a hand fixing the market :)

Edited by payneardo