DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest CodaWolf
Anbody had a problem where the screen just goes black and you have to do a battery pull to get back on, mines done it a couple of times now ??

Also market playing silly beggars again tonight.. Come on google please sort this, maybe some of the people on here could give google a hand fixing the market :)

I've had it to... and I haven't been able to find a trigger yet... the most annoying issue is the phone process stopping when I finish a call this will happen about every 3rd or fourth call

Guest payneardo

Re: Problem with screen going black and locking up, and to fix u need to do a battery pull

Not sure if it's down to the market problem as it seems to do it when I try to download apps and it is unsuccessful and I leave it in the background.. As it seems to have done when this has happened

Guest ClippinWings

anyone else having an issue with their phone app force closing... it just starts ringing like your getting a call, but with a black screen... then you unlock it you have the force close notice.

THEN, about half the time, it takes a good 10 minutes before cell service is restored.

Guest dellaws

ok I am back in the same Cycle, my Streak is not Booting at all, it is Stuck at Dell logo, I have Flashed the Rom almost 6 times so far and it started only once, and after a reboot \i am stuck again, It seems like

1. Wiping System data

2. Wiping Data

3. Wiping Cache

4. INstall Zip from sd card

5. Factory Reset

DOESN'T WORK AT ALL, I have Followed it so far and NO RESULT!!!!

KEEP GETTING STUCK AT DELL LOGO!!!

COULD SOME GENIUS PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE, I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING ALL DAY TO REVIVE MY STREAK :)

Guest dellaws

After 7 flashes it finally Booted but Now I am scared to re-boot it because it will get stuck on dell logo, I forgot to insert my sim card in it, so I have no choice then to boot it now :)

I will post the result!

Guest dellaws
Logs of boot would help

I don't know what logs of boot are? is there any way you could please explain so I could understand in a better way, I really appreciate your Help Stephen!

Guest dellaws
Get adb setup and run logcat it should be pretty obvious what point it throws an error then jus grab and paste error here

OK Thanks Stephen, I will do so, Right now It worked, here is what I did:

1. Formatted my SD Card

2. Checked it for errors by scanning

3. Followed your guide on how to install :-P

I will Keep you Posted, btw adb can I do it while booted in the phone??

Guest dellaws
Adb loads up early on so yes it should work at pretty much any point

Ok, here is what happened, WHile install an app, my Streak just Froze and then screen turned off, now that I reboot I am back to Dell Logo :)

How do I do the adb thing?

Guest Ed Venture
Anbody had a problem where the screen just goes black and you have to do a battery pull to get back on, mines done it a couple of times now ??

**Edit** just done it again and only just started to do it??

Also market playing silly beggars again tonight.. Come on google please sort this, maybe some of the people on here could give google a hand fixing the market :)

It's happened to me as well. Nothing eventful that I recall before it happened, it just went black with the back light on. I will try to note prior activities and applications next time.

Guest mmmputch
It's happened to me as well. Nothing eventful that I recall before it happened, it just went black with the back light on. I will try to note prior activities and applications next time.

I think mine is doing that too. I put it to sleep and it will not wake again. I have to pull the battery and then it restarts.

Guest jnovello
I think mine is doing that too. I put it to sleep and it will not wake again. I have to pull the battery and then it restarts.

I haven't had any of these problems on V1.1.1. Everything is running pretty well. The only thing I have notices is the rotation is not working right. Programs that require portrait are fine to open in portrait, but menu screens don't rotate. It really doesn't bother me since I hate holding this thing in that position.

Guest jagmohan
anyone else having an issue with their phone app force closing... it just starts ringing like your getting a call, but with a black screen... then you unlock it you have the force close notice.

THEN, about half the time, it takes a good 10 minutes before cell service is restored.

Yes, it has happened to me about 3 times. Someone calls me, the phone rings but the screen goes blank. Then I get the massage something like com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly. In call log there is no missed call. I am in US att running version 1.0. The phone app has also crashed on me when I am trying to make a call. All this has only started happening recently. I have to see if a recently downloaded app is cause of this. First one to go will be fringe.

On another note, I have never had battery issues. Full charge in about 1.5 hours. Battery lasts all day with normal use.

Edited by jagmohan

Guest OrionBG

For me everything is OK with v1.1.1! Even rotation is ok until I load the youtube app but this is a known problem with the app! So for now my streak works perfectly!

Guest simpl3lang
For me everything is OK with v1.1.1! Even rotation is ok until I load the youtube app but this is a known problem with the app! So for now my streak works perfectly!

I just noticed this. Its not just the youtube app that messes up rotation. I was playing angry birds and when i exited the game it wouldnt auto rotate anymore. Can anyone else verify this. Thanks

Guest punkrckriot

ive noticed that there is no link to the older versions and the newest version is just a patch. is there somewhere that has all the versions available?

edit: nevermind there are two links my bad

Edited by punkrckriot

Guest madmax85812

go thru the first post agn. with patience. try reading the whole thing. older versions arent thr, bt the latest one is. the link is in the 'how to' instructions.

Edited by madmax85812

Guest StefanCh

For all of you being stuck at the Dell logo, get in Clockwork Recovery and wipe the dalvik cache. That resolved the issue for me.

Give it a try and let me know :)

S

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi,

After the new update (1.1.1) I am not able to install busybox. I am using busybox installer. The device is rooted. Busybox installer is stuck at a screen saying "Please wait while we locate Busybox and gather system data..."

What is wrong ?

is there any other way to install busybox easily ?

Guest thee-interloper
Hi,

After the new update (1.1.1) I am not able to install busybox. I am using busybox installer. The device is rooted. Busybox installer is stuck at a screen saying "Please wait while we locate Busybox and gather system data..."

What is wrong ?

You can always install Titanium backup and go to "Problems?" that'll try to reinstall busybox. Some people report that it puts it in the wrong location but it worked for me.

I just noticed this. Its not just the youtube app that messes up rotation. I was playing angry birds and when i exited the game it wouldnt auto rotate anymore. Can anyone else verify this. Thanks

I try it, the auto rotation was fine, same for me its only youtube that breaks the auto rotation.

Guest parcsalooc
Hi,

What is wrong ?

Leave it on the please wait screen, it can take up to 5 in or more before it installs. It's been a known issue w/ these latest roms