DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest luckyauto
Well I've been running this ROM for 4 days now and whilst it's very stable, it's absolutely KILLING my battery.

I'm losing around 15-20% per hour.

On V3 I was losing 1% per hour so it's back 1 step I go!

I've tried the battery fix but it hasn't helped.

yes , me too , did you find any solution....

or we can flash back to v3 or release 1 ,

may i know which have the best batt life , v3 , realease 1 or other

pls advise and thank

Guest alert_bri

pls advise and thank

I have Stephen's Froyo v2.2 release version 1 installed and SetCPU to properly manage processor speed... I'm going to stick with this combination until I see a future release version which fixes battery life and green strip on youtube videos without screwing up auto- rotate of screen. V1 with SetCPU is really good enough imho... It will be interesting to see how the official O2 release compares when it ships.

Loving my Streak more than ever... Take your time Stephen & co, you've done a fantastic job so far!

Cheers

Brian

Guest OrionBG

pls advise and thank

I have Stephen's Froyo v2.2 release version 1 installed and SetCPU to properly manage processor speed... I'm going to stick with this combination until I see a future release version which fixes battery life and green strip on youtube videos without screwing up auto- rotate of screen. V1 with SetCPU is really good enough imho... It will be interesting to see how the official O2 release compares when it ships.

Loving my Streak more than ever... Take your time Stephen & co, you've done a fantastic job so far!

Cheers

Brian

There is NO battery problem with v.1.1.1

How can my device work normally and have the same battery life as v2.1 and you have problems?!? The ROM is very good! There is something else that kills the battery but it is NOT the rom itself! Yesterday I played NFS Shift for 40 min and my battery went down only 1%!!!

Guest Us3Less
I wonder what people with battery problems are installing that causes the problem

I'm wondering the same thing myself as I am also facing this problem in V1.1.1 ..... Fully charged , went 2 sleep , woke up 6 hours later with 70% , no missed calls or sms , background data was off ..... Anyway , Stephen did a great job with this ROM and problems like this , I'm sure will be solved in his future rom ..... The best solution i can think off now is 2 do a factory reset which I'm quite reluctant to do with all my apps and data inside .

Guest alert_bri
Ok so I'm on 23 hrs and my battery is at 75%. No battery problem on this rom

Any Apps? lol

Seriously, it would be helpful to have an app which tells us which apps are devouring processing/ battery power... Otherwise these anecdotal reports are not too useful.

All I know is, with SetCPU installed, I can at least optimise the CPU governor to conserve power more effectively when the screen is off for instance. It really helps battery life.

Cheers

Brian

Edited by alert_bri

I wonder what people with battery problems are installing that causes the problem

It makes me wonder too, i mean i have install all of steve's version of rom and till now i don't have any major issue with the battery usage, to me it seem to be improving. In Amdathlonuk case losing 15-20% of battery life per hour its a bit too extreme. I am just suggest maybe its some app that is cpu hungry that could be the case

Guest Stephen Hyde

right folks i need a couple of VERY experianced users who have rebelsims to test something for me - jump into irc channel #dellstreak on freenode and drop me (dj_steve a im for info please - must not be scared to use fastboot

Guest sukicat

Hi ..I have my own Hotspots (btopenzone/btfon on the list of wireless connections but since v1.1 I can not connect to them

I could connect OK on the last version ..is this a normal problem ?

Guest OrionBG

About the battery problems! I do both CWM factory reset and Dell's Factory reset, every time I flash a new ROM! I always wait till the battery is below 20% to charge it and always charge to full. I don't use any backup software! Every time I start with a clean install and thus far I have no problems! Thanks Stephen for all the excellent work you are doing to make the streak better! Now there are only better video codec support and an OC feature and it will be the best!

Guest mrmrmrmr
For info, in case no-one has tried this, v1.1.1 works with bluetooth keyboards.

If (as in my case) you have an apple bluetooth keyboard, the trick to pairing it is to search for the keyboard, enter a pin of choice (eg, 0000) then immediately after hitting connect, key in "0000" on the keyboard and press return.

Now I have no reason to take a laptop anywhere for note taking or blogging !

Steve, you have PM on way. :)

interesting. I have amini bt keyboard. but it came with an android software named blueinput (from tekosoft).

without this software I can't use the keyboard.

when I try to pair with key 0000 it does not connect.

how do you use the keyboard after pairing ? (which input method do you select ?)

Guest vinokirk
right folks i need a couple of VERY experianced users who have rebelsims to test something for me - jump into irc channel #dellstreak on freenode and drop me (dj_steve a im for info please - must not be scared to use fastboot

At work till 17:00 :)

Guest boboskins

Sounds extremely interesting... I have rebelsim, but not sure I qualify as very experienced (yet?). Absolutely loving your commitment to getting the best out of the streak and can't wait for CM.

I am plucking up courage to swap out the internal sdhc card for a 32gb one - but can't work out whether the build.img has changed from 2.1 to 2.2. Anyone know if this changed with Steve's 2.2?

Bob

Guest Adilson

Guys, 2 days ago I noticed that K9 mail and Fringe were eating my battery like crazy. I stopped Fringe and killed K9 autosync and I have a great batery life now.

interesting. I have amini bt keyboard. but it came with an android software named blueinput (from tekosoft).

without this software I can't use the keyboard.

when I try to pair with key 0000 it does not connect.

how do you use the keyboard after pairing ? (which input method do you select ?)

what kind of keyboard do you have?

hey guys

anyone having orientation sensor issues on 1.1.1 ?

Have no orientation whatsoever after install. Toggling on off does not help....

thanks for help

Guest adzman808

i'm so new to all this, never had a droid b4 (ex winmo guy tho...) had the streak just over a week...

second hand handset from ebay, 1.6 was on long enough to check phone worked, straight to 2.1, then immediately to 2.2 v1... for some reason (music i think & labyrinth didn't work) 2.2 annoyed me so back to 2.1, but lack of flash (sole reason for going to droid) was killing me, so back onto 2.2 v1

i digress...

is there any reason to for me to go v1.1.1?

i fixed my music problem (i thinki...)

i found a version of labyrinth that works great

the youtube stripe doesn't bother me

nor does video quality

battery life? i'm a low volume user, but lets say 5 mins on the phone, 30 mins wifi, 1 hour of reading kindle, 20mins of games (chess, solitaire etc) = about 30hrs batt life

so my question?

what benefit will i get from v1.1.1?

Guest wonderlexx
hey guys

anyone having orientation sensor issues on 1.1.1 ?

Have no orientation whatsoever after install. Toggling on off does not help....

thanks for help

Yes I have some orientation problem. Some apps are stuck in portrait sometimes and I get as well some with landscape 180 degree wrong. Problem is I can't reproduce it properly so that I have useful information for debugging (it comes and goes).