DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest spences10
I do write in English, but it is obvious that he does not. If I am able to help in any language I am happy to try.

+1 well done jnovello, i hope you helped him out google translate didnt really help me with that

what was the problem?

Guest brokenpixel
not all carriers support CW, for example o2 PAYG doesn't (but o2 contract does)

have you confirmed with your provider?

there IS an issue with call waiting regardless of his service, I DO have CW and it doesn't work on dj steve's 1.1.1.

Guest pompeyboyz
FIXED IT! - the 3G/GPS Bug!! Read through my log further tonight, looks like it was disconnecting from mobile.o2.co.uk apn and connecting to the pay and go one that appears by default when the gps was being used...

Just had to go in and untick default and supl from the payandgo APN and tick default and supl in the mobile.o2.co.uk APN - now have 3g/wifi/gps all working together :) :)

Pretty much just the orientation sensor bug left!

James

Thank you for this....Was driving me nuts.

Thank God for the search function

Guest popetodd
ok it's fine but as I wrote before, it does not work without a software named "blue input"

how do you connect/pair your bt keyboard ?

and how do you select it as an input method ?

I requires drivers, so it is not a native HID. Not a problem, just install the drivers, they work.

I pair it by turning it on and pushing a pen in the pairing hole then choosing my keyboard in the BT menu.

Pretty much like everything else that pairs to the Streak.

I select it the same as everything else, I enable it in the keyboard menu and then long hold on a text input screen until the choose input method button pops up then I choose the keyboard.

It stays that way until I choose one of my soft keyboards.

No special anything really, and unfolded it is nearly the same size as a laptop keyboard, easily larger than some netbooks I've used.

A bit pricey, but it makes regular touch typing on the road a breeze.

Guest mrmrmrmr
I requires drivers, so it is not a native HID. Not a problem, just install the drivers, they work.

I pair it by turning it on and pushing a pen in the pairing hole then choosing my keyboard in the BT menu.

Pretty much like everything else that pairs to the Streak.

I select it the same as everything else, I enable it in the keyboard menu and then long hold on a text input screen until the choose input method button pops up then I choose the keyboard.

It stays that way until I choose one of my soft keyboards.

No special anything really, and unfolded it is nearly the same size as a laptop keyboard, easily larger than some netbooks I've used.

A bit pricey, but it makes regular touch typing on the road a breeze.

the problem is : the keyboard did come with a software CD , however, the software installed but required activation. I tried to activate but it did not. (I don't know why, I guess it tries to connect to a server and can't find it)

So I just found another software named "blue input"

But this is a demo software and has problems.

actually when I try to pair with the device on native bt settings, it does not accept pairing. after entering the 0000 code it drops connection.

so the only way to use my keyboard is this demo software named blueinput.

is there anything else I could try ?

Guest popetodd
the problem is : the keyboard did come with a software CD , however, the software installed but required activation. I tried to activate but it did not. (I don't know why, I guess it tries to connect to a server and can't find it)

So I just found another software named "blue input"

But this is a demo software and has problems.

actually when I try to pair with the device on native bt settings, it does not accept pairing. after entering the 0000 code it drops connection.

so the only way to use my keyboard is this demo software named blueinput.

is there anything else I could try ?

Go to the companies web site and download the Android drivers, they don't come on the CD. http://freedom.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=...;nav=0,51,48,58

You can get them and install direct to the Streak by going here: http://www.otadrivers.com/

There is also a users guide with info for Android users, grab and read that as well. http://freedom.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=...amp;nav=0,51,48

No activation required. :)

Edited by popetodd

Guest outsidah
not all carriers support CW, for example o2 PAYG doesn't (but o2 contract does)

have you confirmed with your provider?

Yes, I've been reporting this very long ago. It's not my provider.

I can't seem to find anyone that can find the issue... it's something with the ROM but I don't know how to fix.

All the obvious steps have been checked (CW is enabled in all settings and provisioned correctly from provider)

Guest mrmrmrmr
Go to the companies web site and download the Android drivers, they don't come on the CD. http://freedom.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=...;nav=0,51,48,58

You can get them and install direct to the Streak by going here: http://www.otadrivers.com/

There is also a users guide with info for Android users, grab and read that as well. http://freedom.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=...amp;nav=0,51,48

No activation required. :)

Ok; thanks. I tried that now.

Installed the software then tried to pair through native bt settings.

Didn't pair...

Then I tried to connect through the keyboard settings (freedom bt keyboard)

it seems to connect that way, but my key presses do not get recognized.

nothing happens when Ipress a key on the keyboard...

Guest mrmrmrmr
Be sure to download and read the users guide for the Android setup, it will explain what you need to know.

ok; I've read that but Idon't have any spp button on my keyboard.

there is no way to put my keyboard into spp mode.

Also, my keyboard is not freedom pro keyboard. maybe the drivers are not compatible.

Guest popetodd
ok; I've read that but Idon't have any spp button on my keyboard.

there is no way to put my keyboard into spp mode.

Also, my keyboard is not freedom pro keyboard. maybe the drivers are not compatible.

Umm, why are you asking me about your keyboard then? :forehead slap:

Of course you need the correct drivers, so you will need to go to the site of your keyboards manufacturer and download them.

Be sure to get the users manual from them as well.

Just because it is a keyboard doesn't mean it works the same as the other keyboards.

Guest mrmrmrmr
Umm, why are you asking me about your keyboard then? :forehead slap:

Of course you need the correct drivers, so you will need to go to the site of your keyboards manufacturer and download them.

Be sure to get the users manual from them as well.

Just because it is a keyboard doesn't mean it works the same as the other keyboards.

I wouldn't ask if I could find the manufacturer's site :)

anyway, now I found even a better way. No software required to install.

hcitool, hidd and hciconfig commands are already existing on our lovely Froyo build :)

checkout:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715913

This is for those who are having problems connecting Desire with a Bluetooth Keyboard, in my case a Chinese mini Bluetooth keyboard (model PA-BK03- $ 27.00). 

Things you need:

1) Rooted Desire (in my case OpenDesire 1.3b)

2) 3 files (hidd, hcitool and hciconfig) from code google

3) Recovery console (unrevoked for example)

4) And a Bluetooth keyboard…

The basic principle is to copy these 3 files to /system/xbin and set the permissions to 755, and than, after you enable Bluetooth on the phone and on the device, run the follow command:

#hcitool scan

Scanning ... 

DC:2C:26:B3:C6:46 Bluetooth Mini Keyboard

Than

# hidd --connect DC:2C:26:B3:C6:46 (use your own MAC Address)

After it, you mini keyboard will stop blinking the blue led….TADA….is done!

I just cook the blu_sign.zip that contains the 3 files…you can use your recovery console apply it. And I recommend to use gscript lite to write the “hidd --connect” command and shortcut it in your home screen.

Guest freed12
SI deve essere su un 2.1 Build - baseband e cambiare il layout delle partizioni da 1,6

1. Scarica lo zip nuovo aggiornamento a partire da:

http://build2.streakdroid.com/update-release-1.1.1.zip

installare sulla root od update.zip sd card e rinominare

2. striscia avvio in recupero, con l'arresto e detenzione vol su e giù mentre si preme il potere

3.Wipe cache e cancellare i dati / reset di fabbrica

4.boot in vena di recupero da parte chiudendo e tenendo premuto volume su e giù mentre si preme il potere

5. selezionare l'aggiornamento da. pkg opzione e attendere il caricamento Clockwork.

6. selezionare zip flash da SD

7. scegliere selezionare zip da sd e trovare l'aggiornamento-new.zip e flash si

8. reboot e attendere un istante

ciao ti ringrazio per la risposta ,io ho gia' la 2.1 build 8105 presa da qui.

non apisco questo passaggio:baseband e cambiare il layout delle partizioni da 1,6,cioe?

Guest Wee Thomas

Anyone have a mirror of version 1.1? It seems the first post assumes everyone with a dell streak is already running version 1.1 of the beta and won't need to upgrade.

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
Anyone have a mirror of version 1.1? It seems the first post assumes everyone with a dell streak is already running version 1.1 of the beta and won't need to upgrade.

I assume you running 2.1 or one of the early froyo betas. If you are then the link in the first post. 1.1.1 is the latest build. Its nealy 80 megs, so its all you will need.

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

Guest honolulu.

sorry if this are already ask (113 pages is realy long :)), but do you have a plane mode problem with this 1.1.1 ?

when I turn my streak on plane mode, all is ok, but with I turn off the mode, I can have the phone connect, and I can't enter a pin code (the sceen unhide/hide when I touche the home button)

sorry for my poor english :)

Guest chellotta
Question about quick office

Does streak come with a full version of quick office ?

I cannot update the quick office that came with this rom. Do i have to purchase it from the market to update ?

download it here for free:

http://www.4shared.com/file/s1cq12DN/QuickOffice.htm

put the '.apk' file onto your SD-card and use astro file manager to install in on your streak.

Guest Wee Thomas
I assume you running 2.1 or one of the early froyo betas. If you are then the link in the first post. 1.1.1 is the latest build. Its nealy 80 megs, so its all you will need.

Hmm, I see. When I clicked on the download link, I got a 3KB file. I'll try another browser. - I see even more, idiot me, I clicked on the in place upgrade link instead of the full one further down.

Edited by Wee Thomas

Guest popetodd
Hmm, I see. When I clicked on the download link, I got a 3KB file. I'll try another browser. - I see even more, idiot me, I clicked on the in place upgrade link instead of the full one further down.

You are probably grabbing the update link, use this one: http://build2.streakdroid.com/update-release-1.1.1.zip (4th link on threads first page).

Edited by popetodd