DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest jnovello
ciao ti ringrazio per la risposta ,io ho gia' la 2.1 build 8105 presa da qui.

non apisco questo passaggio:baseband e cambiare il layout delle partizioni da 1,6,cioe?

Ok, se siete già a 8105 quindi tutto quello che dovete fare è scaricare la versione 1.1.1 dal ane prima pagina rinominarlo aggiornamento. Le tue foto hanno mostrato le giuste opzioni in modalità di recupero. Scegli aggiornamento da zip. Ci sono due opzioni diverse che dire. Si dice di solito non riesce a trovare e si farà l'aggiornamento in modo corretto.

Guest freed12
Ok, se siete già a 8105 quindi tutto quello che dovete fare è scaricare la versione 1.1.1 dal ane prima pagina rinominarlo aggiornamento. Le tue foto hanno mostrato le giuste opzioni in modalità di recupero. Scegli aggiornamento da zip. Ci sono due opzioni diverse che dire. Si dice di solito non riesce a trovare e si farà l'aggiornamento in modo corretto.

ciao ,le ho provate tutte e due ma sembra che non trovi nulla nella sd ,in pratica non mi fa accedere per sfogliare i file ,son certo che mi manca un pleo per arrivarci ma non so proprio il perche mi blocca li ?col triangolo di android

Guest alert_bri

Stephen,

will all this work you've put into Froyo make Gingerbread easier to install on the Streak? I'd love to think that your effort won't have to be repeated from scratch for future Google output?

Cheers

Brian

Guest popetodd
It looks like the Zip file is corrupt as I cannot either flash the phone with it or open it to see the contenets :-(

I just downloaded it and opened it from the link I supplied.

Try again.

Guest amacrobie
how do you use the keyboard after pairing ? (which input method do you select ?)

Once the keyboard has paired it functions as though it were a physical keyboard attached a-la milestone. I can select any input method and so long as the keyboard is connected I can type using it. I currently have Smart Keyboard Pro and the Droid X input types installed and active on my streak and all appear to work fine with the BT keyboard.

In your case it's possible your keyboard doesn't have a native HID profile and thus requires an additional piece of software to be installed on your streak - I really wouldn't know without doing some research into it.

Guest jnovello
ciao ,le ho provate tutte e due ma sembra che non trovi nulla nella sd ,in pratica non mi fa accedere per sfogliare i file ,son certo che mi manca un pleo per arrivarci ma non so proprio il perche mi blocca li ?col triangolo di android

Questo è successo anche a me. Se sei copiare l'aggiornamento alla radice della SD Card e correttamente chiamandolo update.zip facendo attenzione che non dice. Zip due volte? Si potrebbe provare a scaricare nuovamente il file anche.

Guest Shurafa

Hey Steve. Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated! That goes to everyone else in the community...

I just got a replacement Streak from Dell:

I followed the guide here (http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-streak-streak-modaco-com/320025/guide-to-upgrading-and-downgrading-the-streak/) and was able to go from:

Stock 1.6 to

O2 1.6 to

O2 2.1

Without any problems.

I was also able to load clockwork mod from this link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

I renamed and ran the Update-release-1.1.1.zip.

Upon rebooting I see the dell logo followed by the dell logo animation and then the white dell logo again. It gets stuck at this screen for at least 10 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Guest Shurafa
factory reset from the first recovery menu (hold both volume buttons down when booting and choose factory reset)

if that doesn't work reflash

Reset did the trick. Thank you for the speedy reply and the quick fix!

Guest tonymenocal

hey guys... if you ever get super pissed, dont throw your charger cable.. These break way to easily and dell charges 20$ for a replacement. Im hacking mine open now to see if i can get it working before my new one arrives.. For now im streak-less =-(

Guest freed12
Questo è successo anche a me. Se sei copiare l'aggiornamento alla radice della SD Card e correttamente chiamandolo update.zip facendo attenzione che non dice. Zip due volte? Si potrebbe provare a scaricare nuovamente il file anche.

ciao sono proprio disperato ,ho riscaricato varie volte il file update.zip totale mb 79,8

rinominato update.zip ,messo nella sd ,niente sempre invalided ecc.. con triangolo e punto esclamativo ,ma forse devo fare un reset di fabbrica prima di installarlo?

Guest jnovello
ciao sono proprio disperato ,ho riscaricato varie volte il file update.zip totale mb 79,8

rinominato update.zip ,messo nella sd ,niente sempre invalided ecc.. con triangolo e punto esclamativo ,ma forse devo fare un reset di fabbrica prima di installarlo?

Sì, questo è quello che ho fatto prima. Forse si potrebbe provare anche a lampeggiare una versione diversa di recupero se il tuo non riconosce il file sulla sd.

Guest Acky1337
hey guys... if you ever get super pissed, dont throw your charger cable.. These break way to easily and dell charges 20$ for a replacement. Im hacking mine open now to see if i can get it working before my new one arrives.. For now im streak-less =-(

I wonder how far and strong you threw it... hmmm :)

Guest Acky1337

Guys, I might not be exactly genius but I think all the crashes/restarts etc are caused somehow by O2, for people who have O2 of course. It is because before I went out of the country, I had quite a few of them a day, but could live with it, though twice had to recover it from total bug, but when I left UK to Latvia, I did not have A SINGLE reboot down there, then went to Amsterdam for 2 days, same, streak works perfectly fine. Now, returned yesterday and streak again starts its old habits of random reboots and failures. Dont know if its relevant but if it helped, I am happy that it did :)

All, first up, fantastic work. However I'm now thoroughly confused.

I flashed one of the very early versions, 0.2 or 0.3 I think (14th Oct was the date of the download, looks like 0.2?), from the O2 2.1 update, worked without a hitch.

However I want to get to 1.1.1 - I haven't had time to read all 114 pages here, but do I just flash 1.1.1 straight on top, or do I have to downgrade again to O2 2.1 (wiping everything) then flash 1.1.1 update?

It's not clear in the first post, it just says requirement is 2.1 - can that section be updated to make it clear?

e.g. if you're on froyo update 0.2 to xxx then you need to do xyz.

Thanks

Guest jnovello
Guys, I might not be exactly genius but I think all the crashes/restarts etc are caused somehow by O2, for people who have O2 of course. It is because before I went out of the country, I had quite a few of them a day, but could live with it, though twice had to recover it from total bug, but when I left UK to Latvia, I did not have A SINGLE reboot down there, then went to Amsterdam for 2 days, same, streak works perfectly fine. Now, returned yesterday and streak again starts its old habits of random reboots and failures. Dont know if its relevant but if it helped, I am happy that it did :)

I'm in the US and mine occasionally reboots while sitting face up on my desk running Steve's 1.1.1. As much as I would like to blame the British for it, I think it's just the phone.

Guest untrueparadox
I'm in the US and mine occasionally reboots while sitting face up on my desk running Steve's 1.1.1. As much as I would like to blame the British for it, I think it's just the phone.

same here. i even watched it reboot while sitting on my desk. i tried unlocking the phone but the screen would turn on with the power button but the touch screen was unresponsive. a min or two later it rebooted itself. i couldnt get a log off at all. id be willing to help dump a log if there is a way.

to be honest, i've gone a few days without seeing or feeling the phone reboot, but im almost 100% sure it does when its in ur pocket, out of sight, out of mind.

Edited by untrueparadox

Guest OrionBG

Have somebody seen the Streak Linpack scores in greenecomputing.com ? There are atleast two builds that I never seen before! One is CM and the other is 2.2.1

Any info?

Edited by OrionBG