DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest freed12
Sì, questo è quello che ho fatto prima. Forse si potrebbe provare anche a lampeggiare una versione diversa di recupero se il tuo non riconosce il file sulla sd.

grazie ,dimmi tu come fare ,sei troppo gentile grazie

Anyone else noticed that you can't play a paused audio file again without coming out of the app and re-selecting it to play again from the start?

Also the silent mode is missing, when you go to volume down it used to go to vibrate and then silent, now only goes to vibrate.

Edited by LiamD

silent isnt standard in froyo, and audio i know about

Would it be possible to put the silent mode back in a future build?

As for the audio i take it that will be fixed? :)

Guest flamingsamurai
Anyone else noticed that you can't play a paused audio file again without coming out of the app and re-selecting it to play again from the start?

Also the silent mode is missing, when you go to volume down it used to go to vibrate and then silent, now only goes to vibrate.

The silent mode is a froyo thing, where it comes and goes depending on how you set your vibrate in the settings>sound menu. Although there is no way to have both vibrate only and silent only in the volume bar.

Can't tell you about audio though, I just use mixzing for everything, and that works as well as ever.

Edited by flamingsamurai

The silent mode is a froyo thing, where it comes and goes depending on how you set your vibrate in the settings>sound menu. Although there is no way to have both vibrate only and silent only in the volume bar.

Why was it removed - such a simple thing go volume down to change ringer volume, then it's vibrate and then silent. Why was it even removed? Bit backwards isn't it...

Guest Techneut
same here. i even watched it reboot while sitting on my desk. i tried unlocking the phone but the screen would turn on with the power button but the touch screen was unresponsive. a min or two later it rebooted itself. i couldnt get a log off at all. id be willing to help dump a log if there is a way.

to be honest, i've gone a few days without seeing or feeling the phone reboot, but im almost 100% sure it does when its in ur pocket, out of sight, out of mind.

Please have a look at this. It may be important...

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...aneous-reboots/

Guest Spike8585

I had a problem with my audio playback as well, as I play long 45min tracks.

Parcsalooc had recommended downloading MusicMod (Froyo Only) from the market, to replace the music app, and it works almost perfectly now.

When pausing with my headset remote, sometimes it does not resume when I push the button again, but blindly reaching into my pocket and pushing any physical button makes it resume.

Not perfect, but works.

It sometimes resumes play without any extra button presses also though.

Edited by Spike8585

Guest adzman808

Hi guys

Not an perfect solution but if you install the standard 2.1 music player (then remove the 2.2 version from the apps folder so there isn't 2 of the same app listed) then the play/pause thing goes away :)

Imho it all gets a bit 'winmo' when we have to install 2 or 3 apps to cover one function...

Cheers

Guest adzman808
hey guys... if you ever get super pissed, dont throw your charger cable.. These break way to easily and dell charges 20$ for a replacement. Im hacking mine open now to see if i can get it working before my new one arrives.. For now im streak-less =-(

twenty bucks? if they were that cheap here i'd actually buy a spare :)

Guest brokenpixel

+1 My cable is rotten so instead of buying a cable I bought a generic li-ion charger and a spare battery, cable works for sync tho but 5v rail is gone.

You can jump to 1.1.1 but full factory reset is required for it....

Thanks for response, but I'm still not clear on what you mean by full factory reset, and when this should take place.

'Full factory reset' suggests I need to reset back to the O2 1.6 build first (as when I bought the device), then apply your 1.1.1 build.

But that would contradict the 'You can jump to 1.1.1' statement, which isn't a jump, it's a full revert and start again.

Or do you mean downgrade to O2 2.1 official first then apply 1.1.1? Or just apply 1.1.1 on top of your 0.2 but still expect to wipe your device in the process?

Strongly appreciate your efforts here, just seeking some clarity (for others I hope as well as myself)

Guest spences10
Thanks for response, but I'm still not clear on what you mean by full factory reset, and when this should take place.

'Full factory reset' suggests I need to reset back to the O2 1.6 build first (as when I bought the device), then apply your 1.1.1 build.

But that would contradict the 'You can jump to 1.1.1' statement, which isn't a jump, it's a full revert and start again.

Or do you mean downgrade to O2 2.1 official first then apply 1.1.1? Or just apply 1.1.1 on top of your 0.2 but still expect to wipe your device in the process?

Strongly appreciate your efforts here, just seeking some clarity (for others I hope as well as myself)

a factory reste is the state in which the phone goes to the shelves in (wiped completely of any user data)

regardless of firmware version so if i have used my device for several days (on 2.2) i can factory reset and have a fresh/clean 2.2 device woth no user data on it :)

Guest adzman808

1 update streak to your desired ROM (which i think you've done? 2.2 v1.1.1)

2 when flash is complete & stuck on dell logo, then re-start streak (u may have to pull out the battery if it wont switch off on the button)

3 turn back on holding down BOTH up & down buttons, whilst pressing power button AT THE SAME TIME)

4 release buttons when phone boots up

5 streak goes into recovery menu, using the volume buttons to scoll thru the menu, highlight FACTORY RESET

6 press camera button to select this opition (there may a "are you sure" msg, i can't remember...)

7 wait for factory reset to complete

if phone is still bricked, then re-flash the most recent ROM

i wrote this from memory.... so exercise some caution following the instructions

personally I always perform factory reset after a flash.... habit i started with winmo :)

Guest adzman808

press power button, options are flight mode / silent mode / power off

[select silent]

this setting not there for you?

Edited by adzman808

Guest streakr

hi all :)

.... i know my post no make sense, but just for instance :( : i just found out today: i go roaming with v1.0: on the lock screen it no show me the current provider, it just all time show my home provider!! ... its a bit strange for me no can see the actual network, exccept go inside a menue... :)

Guest RSullivan

Has anyone gotten the lock/unlock sounds to work? I dropped the unlock.ogg and lock.ogg in /system/media/audio/ui/ and rebooted but it still doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Edited by RSullivan

Guest sukicat
Has anyone gotten the lock/unlock sounds to work? I dropped the unlock.ogg and lock.ogg in /system/media/audio/ui/ and rebooted but it still doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Hi ..I got it to work by putting on the kikamal Theme it then works OK

not much help but it is a fix.