[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Thanks malez... i hope you mean by Acer launcher, the Acer UI...

Also I'm wondering if will include fix of the high abattery caused by the light sensor... is a litlle bit annoying change it manually constantly.

I the other side... I have a problem, don't know if somebody else hav it (actually I had it too in the 007 leak) is that sometimes when I make a call, in the other side can't heard me... I hav to mute and then unmute the mic for finally be heared...

I has this issue a long long time ago and found that it was an application i had installed that produced the bug : a call recorder

Thanks malez... i hope you mean by Acer launcher, the Acer UI...

Also I'm wondering if will include fix of the high abattery caused by the light sensor... is a litlle bit annoying change it manually constantly.

AcerLauncher is not the full acer UI, just the launcher. I must have a look at notification because status bar is not displayed when use AcerLauncher

LCR Team, first of all thank you for this ROM! Everything is running smooth and fast :)

I just have a problem with Wifi, I don't know if it's an acer problem or a rom problem.

I can't connect to my university wifi, in the connection configuration menu "EAP method" "Phase 2 authentication" etc, I need to select MSCHAPV2 for the network to work, I select it, it tries to connect and fails. When I try to edit the configuration (long press ssid) it changes my "Phase 2 authentication" to "None" instead of the MSCHAPV2 that I need, I think the OS is not saving my input and is trying to connect without this option. Anyone has this problem? If you need a log what do I need to do to make one?

I've tested with LCR 1.8.2.2 and it works perfectly.

Thank you!

LCR Team, first of all thank you for this ROM! Everything is running smooth and fast :)

I just have a problem with Wifi, I don't know if it's an acer problem or a rom problem.

I can't connect to my university wifi, in the connection configuration menu "EAP method" "Phase 2 authentication" etc, I need to select MSCHAPV2 for the network to work, I select it, it tries to connect and fails. When I try to edit the configuration (long press ssid) it changes my "Phase 2 authentication" to "None" instead of the MSCHAPV2 that I need, I think the OS is not saving my input and is trying to connect without this option. Anyone has this problem? If you need a log what do I need to do to make one?

Thank you!

To create a log.

run lcr settings / about this rom / generate a log. This will ask you if you want to install sendlog.

Just do you actions as usall

run sendlog and set you own email address in email box, you will receive the log by mail

Hi everybody. I have a Liquid A1 and i have installed LCR 1.0 & the Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD from mcboydesign

have we lost the USB tethering? for me is essential!

In a previous froyo rom i used it but now there's not the option.

Many thanks.

Hi everybody. I have a Liquid A1 and i have installed LCR 1.0 & the Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD from mcboydesign

have we lost the USB tethering? for me is essential!

In a previous froyo rom i used it but now there's not the option.

Many thanks.

Settings / Wireless and network / Connexion sharing and acces point / Via usb (with usb plugged)

Edited by malez

Does this rom have sensitivity/noise adjustment working? I'm asking because on the froyo stock it does not work and it's always the same.

On my stock i have a boot code:

if busybox test ! -d /data/perset; then busybox mkdir /data/perset; fi

if busybox test ! -e /data/perset/sensitivity; then busybox echo 75 > /data/perset/sensitivity; fi

cat /data/perset/sensitivity > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

if busybox test ! -e /data/perset/noise; then busybox echo 75 > /data/perset/noise; fi

cat /data/perset/noise > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

sync

Even if this code does not work, and I do it manually, it still won't work on the froyo stock.

Guest flyingdog

Thank you!

I have the same issue. This problem appears in both Froyo leak and LCR-F, but not in any Eclair roms.

Settings / Wireless and network / Connexion sharing and acces point / Via usb (with usb plugged)

no, i have not that option. I have checked many times.

what base rom do you are using?

many thanks.

Even if this code does not work, and I do it manually, it still won't work on the froyo stock.

It works via lcr settings.

If you set a value of 200, you won't be able to move the screen at all

Guest elgubbo

im having a little problem (its not too bad for me).

when i select to do a nandroid backup in LCR settings, it shuts down the phone and the acer logo is shown. then the screen stays black (it wont go into malez recovery).

anyone else expiriencing this ?

im using LCR-F 1.0 and malez recovery 0.6.

ps. i have to say everything else seems to work perfectly in this ROM and i love it :)

Guest fear_factory84

I see that in lcr-f rom there is the powertop binary, but it doesn't start as there are some library missing (libncurses I think).

Anyone knows where I can build or take the libraries? Is there the ldd command on android?

In addition to the automatic screen brightness issue, anyone noticed that you must disable it, and if you have enabled one time, you must reboot the phone or the battery gets drained fast.

Yesterday I flashed lcr-f and used it in a charge cycle until this morning, I had the auto brightness enabled by default.

This morning when I fully charged the phone, I rebooted it leaving the brightness setting to a fixed (low) value. Now the battery drains less. I have perhaps another suspect, the 3g connection. I still not enabled it from last boot (I use the apn on/off widget to disable it). 58 min 51s of usage and 98% charge remaining (terminal locked and not used mainly with 3g off, gps off, wifi off, and bluetooth on but not used).

Battery usage is 30% phone standby, 28% bluetooth, 27% idle phone, 15% android system, 3% display. Yesterday I had 70% android system, 26% phone standby and the other for bluetooth, display etc.

Regards

sorry guys,

i've installed bin 4.503.00_EMEA-GEN1 and then flashed lcr-f via recovery.

how can i use old apps2sd? in lcr settings the options are grayed and if i enable apps2sd via recovery i get a non-bootable phone (stucks with android blinking eyes on black background)

Guest HustlinDaily

Go to Recovery

Connect USB, select USB Mass Storage Toggle, your SD Card will show up on your computer. Back up everything from SD Card.

Go to "Partition/Repair SD Card." Partition the SD Card such that Swap Size=0, EXT=512, FAT32=Remainder

Go to the "Other" menu. Move Apps (or Apps+Davlik) to SD Card.

Reboot phone.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. My mistake. I guess you just restore your Nandroid and do it again. If you don't have a Nandroid, re-flash LCR-F and do it again. You were supposed to do it in recovery first. And the LCR Settings menu is just to check the status of Apps2SD.

Edited by HustlinDaily

i've set 32mb of swap partition, must it be 0 or will it be ok even if 32mb of swap?

ps: i've also noticed that i don't have a cache partition, recovery complains about it and lcr settings says 0bytes

It' incredible

Today in only 3 hours, phone in stand-by, only data open, drain battery: 40%.

There is something wrong !!! So this rom is unusable.

Please Malez, do something.

Guest dread2k9

Thank you!

Yep, i had the same problem Today. Had to revert to 1.8.2.2 too.

Guest fear_factory84
It' incredible

Today in only 3 hours, phone in stand-by, only data open, drain battery: 40%.

There is something wrong !!! So this rom is unusable.

Please Malez, do something.

So it seems that is related to 3g / cell phone usage. I had received one phone call since my last post, I have now 2h, 5m 4s uptime, 94% battery remaining, and the battery usage changed in:

91% android system

3% phone standby

3% bluetooth

3% idle phone

2% phone call

I still have no 3g data connection enabled from boot.

I forgot, my base leak is the last one: Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD

my phone is a liquid A1.

Edited by fear_factory84

Guest fear_factory84
i've set 32mb of swap partition, must it be 0 or will it be ok even if 32mb of swap?

ps: i've also noticed that i don't have a cache partition, recovery complains about it and lcr settings says 0bytes

swap is not enabled in the froyo leaks kernels, we don't have sources so we cannot enable it recompiling the kernel.

im having a little problem (its not too bad for me).

when i select to do a nandroid backup in LCR settings, it shuts down the phone and the acer logo is shown. then the screen stays black (it wont go into malez recovery).

anyone else expiriencing this ?

im using LCR-F 1.0 and malez recovery 0.6.

ps. i have to say everything else seems to work perfectly in this ROM and i love it :)

You have to install malez recovery v0.6

swap is not enabled in the froyo leaks kernels, we don't have sources so we cannot enable it recompiling the kernel.

ok, i still can't boot lcr-f when i enable apps2sd.. i'm doing something wrong but i don't know why.

here is what i did:

1. flashed bin F4.503.00_EMEA-GEN1

2. flashed malez recovery 0.6

3. backed up my sd card (from recovery)

4. partitioned sd card (via recovery) with no swap, 512mb ext2 and fat32 remainder

5. restored my sd card contents (via recovery)

6. copied LCR-F_1.0-signed.zip to sd card (in recovery)

7. flashed LCR-F_1.0-signed.zip via recovery

8. in recovery -> other -> enabled apps2sd for apps+cache (i also tried apps only)

9. finally rebooted into android but lcr-f does't show up

Guest elgubbo
You have to install malez recovery v0.6

i just double checked it :) recovery says its "Build: malez-liquid-0.6"

i can do a nandroid backup from recovery without any problems,

i just wanted to mention that it does not work from the LCR-Settings (for me).

but as i said: concerning that i can nandroid from recovery thats not a big deal for me :),

i just want to help you building the perfect ROM by giving any feedback i can :)

Guest bellanano
5. restored my sd card contents (via recovery)

I think that you can't restore de ext2 partition contents.

You need to reinstall all the applications with titanium backup or one by one from the market after you have installed froyo LCR 1.0 and app2sd from malez recovery.

Guest PhilNelwyn

Which acer bin did you all flash before LCR-F ?

Because I didn't flash the last one, I'm on 4.002.02, and no battery problem at all...

BTW, thanks a lot for this excellent rom, you gave my Liquid a second life.